People United to save the lives of Single Celled Entities

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It's the logical extension of animal rights!

From the website...
People United to save the Lives of Single-cell Entities (PULSE), with more than 80,000 members, is the largest single celled organism rights organization in the world. Founded in 2006, PULSE is dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all bacteria and single celled animals. PULSE operates under the simple principle that: germs are people too.

PULSE focuses its attention on the two areas in which the largest numbers of cells are killed each year: anti-bacterial products, antibiotic medicines and products.

PULSE works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, bacteria adoption programs, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.

source

Memento Mori

:doh:

This has got to be one of the dumbest things humans have ever done. Should we kill ourselves so that our stomach acids don't accidentally kill some random bacteria? Should we never bathe, eat, sleep, etc.? Pretty much any activity kills microbes... It's ridiculous to think they can help them. By evolutionary theory, they're doing more harm than good by trying to protect them. How will germs ever adapt and become incredibly powerful. In order to once again rule our world?!

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
:darwinsm: That's so funny.

The best is from one of the articles:
Cassandra Fountain, spokesperson for Gays Against Guns (GAG) said...

GAG. Now that is hi-larious.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There are many dumbbells in this word and many also have stupid obsessions. Often goofy people have the need for a cause. This is one example:

I would like to form a group dedicated to the preservation of lollypops and it is a hate crime to call them suckers! Now let’s stop all these nasty kids from killing innocent lollypops. Your donations would go to a good cause.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The only problem with my idea is I need a logo; they have a very attractive logo and people love logos

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder if WURM would take a male member. I'm touched by their compassion.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the Activists Against Racism of Microorganisms should unite with Women opposed to the Unethical Racism against Microorganisms and become AARM-WURMs.

Gotta nice ring to it.

Aimiel

If they ever fine someone for abusing one's own tissue, my brother-in-law will go to prison for a VERY long time... he's murdered many, many brain cells. :chuckle:

lovemeorhateme

:darwinsm:

This CAN'T be real.... can it?

And I just wanna say hi to ya'll fellow TOL'ers.. I haven't been around here for so long now!

Aimiel

From PULSE's website:

Newsflash

It has been estimated that the (PULSE) Boycott against Lysol has saved 9 trillion germs just this month!
:rotfl:

lovemeorhateme

:shocked:

LMOHM!!!!

How you doing, me good mate? :)

Hey!

I'm fine thanks, I lost my job a few months ago and have been really struggling since then.. but yeah I'm getting on ok.

How've things been on TOL? Hope there's still lots of truthsmacking going on!