The cigar lounge

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking of Padrons, I picked up a Padron 5000 maduro today. Man this is a big cigar. I smoke the 2000's all the time, this one has a 93 rating so I thought I would give it a whirl this evening. If I can find the camera I will shoot picture for ya'll. Sure looks tasty....
One of those was consumed on our night out last night and the pilot of the 5000 absolutely loved it. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I picked up a couple A. Fuente cigars on the advice of the proprietor of the shop I was in. He said they should be 1.5 hours each, which is longer then I'm willing to stand outside for until we reach, at least, a balmy 50 degrees. I hope they are still good by that time.
Well... if you didn't pay too much for them just smoke them as long as you are willing to stay outside and then let her die.

Although, I agree that it's much more fun to smoke in a comfortable environment.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
One of those was consumed on our night out last night and the pilot of the 5000 absolutely loved it. :up:

I just lit this thing out in the cave with a glass of 2008 Opolo Vineyard's Zinfandel. It is a local wine (within 100 mi) it is fabulous. The sweetness of the wine marries with sweetness of this stogie so well. I can't find the darn camera ,the wife used it, so I will have to find it later. Just thinkin of you all kickin back in the cigar lounge and thought I'd share.

Cheers Rocketman :cheers:

Last edited:

Newman

That's a beautiful specimen Newman. Who makes it? What kind of tobacco do you like to smoke?

It's a Benton pipe. My favorite thing about it is that it sits on a flat surface on its own.

I usually smoke the sweeter blends of the local tobacconist.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
It's a Benton pipe. My favorite thing about it is that it sits on a flat surface on its own.

I usually smoke the sweeter blends of the local tobacconist.

I have quite a few pipes, most I inherited. I have always loved flake tobaccos. I don't know if you have heard of it, it is hard to find, San Bruno Flake, I also like the Davidoff scottish blend, and Escudo. These are all can tobacco, they cost more, but wow they are so aromatic, and flavorful. They smoke a little different than loose tobacco, you have to rub it out before loading it but it is worth the time. Have you tried any of these?

Newman

I have quite a few pipes, most I inherited. I have always loved flake tobaccos. I don't know if you have heard of it, it is hard to find, San Bruno Flake, I also like the Davidoff scottish blend, and Escudo. These are all can tobacco, they cost more, but wow they are so aromatic, and flavorful. They smoke a little different than loose tobacco, you have to rub it out before loading it but it is worth the time. Have you tried any of these?

Nope. Been thinking about it, though.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Nope. Been thinking about it, though.

If you are used to the sweeter tobaccos, you would probobly like the Davidoff Scottish blend. I love that stuff, it's like candy. Enjoy your new pipe Newman it looks like a nice one.

Rocketman

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was reading in a magazine about this one the other day....

Gurkha Black Dragon

One of the most expensive cigars in the world is the first production of Gurkha Black Dragon. Only five hand carved camel bone chests of one hundred cigars. The cigar comes in one size, 8.5” by 52. One chest can be yours for $115,000. The second released “similar” blend is $10 to $15 a stick.

Selling price? $1,150

I have a feeling I won't be getting to smoke one in the near future. :chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Was reading in a magazine about this one the other day....

Gurkha Black Dragon

One of the most expensive cigars in the world is the first production of Gurkha Black Dragon. Only five hand carved camel bone chests of one hundred cigars. The cigar comes in one size, 8.5” by 52. One chest can be yours for $115,000. The second released “similar” blend is $10 to $15 a stick.

Selling price? $1,150

I have a feeling I won't be getting to smoke one in the near future. :chuckle:

Man, that is insane! Looks like a good stogie though...

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's weird that folks would pay so much just for sake of rarity. Heck I will roll a funky cigar in my basement and there will only be one like it in the entire world!! Maybe I could sell it for a million bucks??? :idunno:

Now you're on to something! Quality is one thing, name and prestige are another. I agree...it is a bit odd.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now you're on to something! Quality is one thing, name and prestige are another. I agree...it is a bit odd.
Ironically, I am searching for a rare cigar as we speak except this cigar isn't expensive, it's only about $5 per stick.

I am searching for the El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro Robusto.

Check out the Cigar Obsession review of it (this guy has similar taste in cigars as me).

El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro Robusto

The only place that seems to carry it is this unknown online cigar store which makes me a bit nervous to order from although ironically they are located in Golden Colorado which is just to the west of me. Maybe I will call him up.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ironically, I am searching for a rare cigar as we speak except this cigar isn't expensive, it's only about $5 per stick.

I am searching for the El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro Robusto.

Check out the Cigar Obsession review of it (this guy has similar taste in cigars as me).

which makes me a bit nervous to order from although ironically they are located in Golden Colorado which is just to the west of me. Maybe I will call him up.

I enjoyed this post for two reasons...

First, it looks and sounds like it would be a great smoke! :up:

Second, I could actually watch the video! Up until now, YouTube has always been blocked on this computer. Thanks for posting that so that I could discover that they've taken the block off! :D

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
It's weird that folks would pay so much just for sake of rarity. Heck I will roll a funky cigar in my basement and there will only be one like it in the entire world!! Maybe I could sell it for a million bucks??? :idunno:

Yea, sounds like novelty to me too...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
7 minutes until the auction I am winning closes. It's a Padron Anniversario gift set that features every size of 1964 Padron Anniversario in the line. :up:

If I win it at the current bid I will save about $19 off retail.