The cigar lounge

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Ironically, I am searching for a rare cigar as we speak except this cigar isn't expensive, it's only about $5 per stick.

I am searching for the El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro Robusto.

Check out the Cigar Obsession review of it (this guy has similar taste in cigars as me).

El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro Robusto

The only place that seems to carry it is this unknown online cigar store which makes me a bit nervous to order from although ironically they are located in Golden Colorado which is just to the west of me. Maybe I will call him up.

Wow Knight, I got to find some of these. This is exactly what I like in a maduro. Sounds like you may have found them local, lucky you!, try one and tell us how it is. I will be interested in hearing another opinion. :thumb:.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow Knight, I got to find some of these. This is exactly what I like in a maduro. Sounds like you may have found them local, lucky you!, try one and tell us how it is. I will be interested in hearing another opinion. :thumb:.
There is a problem. The vendor (http://www.man-uppcigars.com) is just a mail-order business and the dude charges $10 bucks for shipping!! :shocked: Ouch!! I'm not gonna pay an extra 25% on a 5 pack sampler just for shipping. That's insane.

I sent the manufacturer a note on Twitter and told them they need to find a more reasonable distributor. :madmad:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Look what I won on auction for $71!!!!!! That's a killer deal!!!! The cheapest I have ever seen on that gift pack is $87.50.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
There is a problem. The vendor (http://www.man-uppcigars.com) is just a mail-order business and the dude charges $10 bucks for shipping!! :shocked: Ouch!! I'm not gonna pay an extra 25% on a 5 pack sampler just for shipping. That's insane.

I sent the manufacturer a note on Twitter and told them they need to find a more reasonable distributor. :madmad:

I went to El Titan De Bronze's website just now and found a list of vendors. I don't know how many of these guys ship but, it sounds so good that I may do some research tomorrow to find out. I'll let you know if I find anything. There is also a High end shop in Santa Barbara that I will call tomorrow. Sounds like a good smoke. I smoked a Estoban Carrera Habano maduro in a rothschild size yesterday. This was a $5.00 cigar and it was fabulous. The wrapper was a little veiny, and it had some soft spots but the flavor was outstanding. Cocoa, spice quite yummy. I bought another in a toro size to get a second opinion. The point is there are some really good smokes out there that are overlooked because they lack noteriety. Finding them is like finding a gold mine. I remember when Padrons were not all the rage yet and they were inexpensive, if you can believe that. Man all this time off I have been smokin a lot of cigars LOL, this is getting expensive, I need to go back to work...:chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'm more than willing to share if you ever happen to be in the area. :)

That is awful generous of you and if I get back to the Denver area I will look you up. I posted a long time ago and maybe you did not read it, I was in Denver (Littleton) on business and some guy on the plane said I needed to go this restaurant. The others I was with and myself went to this fantastic restaurant called Del Rio's (south Denver) the food was some of the best I have ever had and the service was impecable. They had a nice cigar bar there also, I did not get to go in for one some of the guys protested. Looked like a nice place to have dinner and a stogie. Have you ever been there?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is awful generous of you and if I get back to the Denver area I will look you up. I posted a long time ago and maybe you did not read it, I was in Denver (Littleton) on business and some guy on the plane said I needed to go this restaurant. the others I was with and myself went to this fantastic restaurant called Del Rio's (south Denver) the food was some of the best I have ever had and the service was impecable. They had a nice cigar bar there also, I did not get to go in for one some of the guys protested. Looked like a nice place to have dinner and a stogie. Have you ever been there?
I think you might be talking about Del Frisco's? That's a bit too high-end for me. :) (I'm a semi-low-budget kinda guy)

I have heard they have a nice cigar lounge there. :up:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I think you might be talking about Del Frisco's? That's a bit too high-end for me. :) (I'm a semi-low-budget kinda guy)

I have heard they have a nice cigar lounge there. :up:

Man, I knew I was bungin the name up, Yes Del Frisco's. Hey I was on the company dime what the heck. You are correct though it is high end. I felt like such a rube, it was December, snowing, you know. I was wearing a turtleneck tee shirt, jeans, ugg boots and a rather worn Carhart jacket. I took one look in the door saw many in nice dresses, suits, etc. I looked at my buddies and said "we are such rubes" LOL. The Hostess was great she said ignore the snobs and that we and our money was welcome. We had a really top notch meal there. Really nice place for a bunch of rednecks like us...:chuckle: If I come out there I'll take you to Del Frisco's you bring the cigars for desert...:thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Whoa... now you're talkin'!!! :D

It's a date then if I get back that way....:thumb:
Man, it sure is dry there in the winter. It was so bad I went to the Super Target and bought a humidifier for my hotel room, I could not take it. I lived up through the 4th grade at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs I guess I don't remember it being so arid. It is no wonder you have to have a good seal on your humidor.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'm out in the cave right now with a Drew Estate Camaroon going. I am not that impressed, I tried it on a whim (I love camaroon wrapped cigars) but alas this one has been somewhat of a disappointment. I'll say it is O.K. but, I won't rush out to buy another.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was reading in a magazine about this one the other day....

Gurkha Black Dragon

One of the most expensive cigars in the world is the first production of Gurkha Black Dragon. Only five hand carved camel bone chests of one hundred cigars. The cigar comes in one size, 8.5” by 52. One chest can be yours for $115,000. The second released “similar” blend is $10 to $15 a stick.

Selling price? $1,150

I have a feeling I won't be getting to smoke one in the near future. :chuckle:

In my opinion, I think Gurkha is way over rated. They do have good smokes, but want so much money for some of them. I really like Rocky Patel, and his moderately priced cigars. :smokie:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
7 minutes until the auction I am winning closes. It's a Padron Anniversario gift set that features every size of 1964 Padron Anniversario in the line. :up:

If I win it at the current bid I will save about $19 off retail.

Cigarbid.com?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
In my opinion, I think Gurkha is way over rated. They do have good smokes, but want so much money for some of them. I really like Rocky Patel, and his moderately priced cigars. :smokie:

I agree the Rocky's I have smoked have been consistently good. I want to try some of his medium brands, I admit most of the Rocky's I have smoked have been from his premium lines.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm out in the cave right now with a Drew Estate Camaroon going. I am not that impressed, I tried it on a whim (I love camaroon wrapped cigars) but alas this one has been somewhat of a disappointment. I'll say it is O.K. but, I won't rush out to buy another.
I haven't been very impressed with anything from Drew Estate. Too gimmicky in my opinion. Every cigar I have tried from them is good for about 10 minutes and then the rest of the cigar is horrible.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I enjoy Rocky Patel myself. The other night I tried a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 that was an excellent smoke.