The cigar lounge

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I like BYOB, but unfortunately, mine would be lemon juice, no longer able to drink much else.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Now I am less given over to envy, knowing that you are outside and not in your own home, RM. ;)

I don't know if it still is in use, given the California anti-smoking laws, but the cigar "lounge" (one leather chair) in the San Francisco Fairmont Hotel was a sealed environment, that included an separate ventilation system from the rest of the hotel.

And I sure miss lighting up at my local Morton's Steakhouse in the bar. Now you have to go to an outside patio. Sigh.

The very best place in Phoenix for indoor cigar smoking, with a full menu and bar, is Magnums:

http://www.magnumscigarwineliquor.com/

More close to home is Tinderbox, where I usually bring visitors to lounge around in the private club area (BYOB, too!):

http://www.tinderboxinternational.com/store_pages/p185.htm

AMR

I don't think there is a Tinderbox in existence in CA anymore they packed it in after Prop 10, they just couldn't be profitable. The worst thing about the tax laws they only apply to tobacco bought in CA the state cannot regulate internet sales which really put the screws to the homegrown tobacco shops. It is really quite sad there used to be some great cigar shops/lounges before the law. It's O.K. to open a medical marajuana shop but, cigars/tobacco have been deemed evil.

Newman

I smoked an Oliva Serie V last night. It's my favorite cigar.

I also smoke my pipe a lot. The stem broke last month, though, and I still need to get another.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think cigars are rather funny looking. Chewing tobacco seems more funny, the spiting makes me ill. Most of my life I did not smoke; cigarettes are pathetic. Pipes, that would be the most funny and pipe tobacco smells rather good.

My brother and I took a pipe with tobacco and smoked it out behind the pig pen; I do not remember much about it, we did not get caught because I instigated it and am smart. Well I was! :mmph:

goodnight cigar smokers.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Last nights zero...

4a57c849-e41a-2e82.jpg

The Macanudo Cru Roylae was a real disappointment. I was really excited about this cigar because I had been given expert advice that it was an inexpensive alternative to a Padron. The flavor was good, creamy and chocolatly but the burn was dreadful and the draw was so weak you could barely tell you were sucking on a cigar. I eventually gave up on the Cru Royale.

Last nights hero...

4a57c849-e434-498f.jpg

The Brickhouse is a FANTASTIC cheap cigar. These babies only cost about $4-$5 per stick but don't let the price fool you, this is one excellent cigar. Incredibly smooth, creamy flavor, near perfect burn, and the draw was just right. If you have never tried a Brickhouse make sure to pick a few up at your local cigar shop.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last nights zero...

4a57c849-e41a-2e82.jpg

The Macanudo Cru Roylae was a real disappointment. I was really excited about this cigar because I had been given expert advice that it was an inexpensive alternative to a Padron. The flavor was good, creamy and chocolatly but the burn was dreadful and the draw was so weak you could barely tell you were sucking on a cigar. I eventually gave up on the Cru Royale.

Last nights hero...

4a57c849-e434-498f.jpg

The Brickhouse is a FANTASTIC cheap cigar. These babies only cost about $4-$5 per stick but don't let the price fool you, this is one excellent cigar. Incredibly smooth, creamy flavor, near perfect burn, and the draw was just right. If you have never tried a Brickhouse make sure to pick a few up at your local cigar shop.
I'll have to try one.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This must have been the product of bad storage and care. I have smoked a couple of boxes of these when they came out and never ran into your problems. Always a nice burn and draw, great oily wrapper, but the peppery taste of them never caught my fancy enough to smoke them all the time. You should give them another try....and buy the next one from a different smoke shop. ;)

AMR

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This must have been the product of bad storage and care. I have smoked a couple of boxes of these when they came out and never ran into your problems. Always a nice burn and draw, great oily wrapper, but the peppery taste of them never caught my fancy enough to smoke them all the time. You should give them another try....and buy the next one from a different smoke shop. ;)

AMR
You could be right and it's also possible that I messed up the cigar in my "temporary" humidor.

AMR have you tried a Brickhouse cigar? I thought it was incredible for a $5 cigar.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You could be right and it's also possible that I messed up the cigar in my "temporary" humidor.
The best temporary humidor is a simple sandwich baggie or the equivalent with a cotton ball soaked in distilled water and then wrung out of excess water. ;) Just keep it wet. As an alternative to cotton balls, use the small discs:

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-HUMIDISC

AMR have you tried a Brickhouse cigar? I thought it was incredible for a $5 cigar.
No, I have not, but I will keep eye out for them the next time I am at a local cigar shop. :e4e:

AMR

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought it was incredible for a $5 cigar.

In my experience, the 5-10 range is the best. I smoked a Davidoff once, it was about $45 USD ($13KD) and I didn't like anything about it, and I like everything.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cigars contain 10-40 times the amount of nicotine that a cigarette has.

Then why are they not addictive?

Is it that nicotine is not addictive, rendering your comment meaningless, or is the comment grossly incorrect, rendering your comment meaningless?

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Nick thinks cigars are not addictive:

Then why are they not addictive?

Is it that nicotine is not addictive, rendering your comment meaningless, or is the comment grossly incorrect, rendering your comment meaningless?

Addictive means consumed. They wouldn't make them if people didn't buy them. People buy it. Nothing really isn't addictive, anyways.
Smokers do not typically inhale cigars, which is the main way cigarettes transmit nicotine into the body.
What about second-hand smoking of cigars inside your mouth?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
cigars are not addictive

Thanks for your evidence that they are.

They aren't. Research shows when tobacco sits, the nicotine naturally subsideds. Cigars are aged at minimum months, which gets the job done. Many real cigars, not black and mild, are aged for years.

This is probably why weak minded people don't get addicted to cigars.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Smokers do not typically inhale cigars, which is the main way cigarettes transmit nicotine into the body.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Or ephmasyma.

I am going to contradict. Sorry. The wrapper covers the binder, and it is all tobacco, unlike a cigarette. Putting in your mouth would take it in faster than inhalation. In fact, while I don't chew, those that do claim the hit is faster and harder than a cigarette.