Is Calvinism Wrong?

Right Divider

Body part
The Gospel was first revealed to the disciples on the day of Pentecost, Acts chapter 2. Later on Paul received the same Gospel but in much more detail, Galatians 1:11, 12.
Jesus said this WELL before Pentecost:

Joh 5:24 KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Robert Pate

Banned
It's typical of those that say inconsistent and incoherent things to blame their audience for the confusion.

Nope... it's YOU!

This is very typical when a Christian that is indwelt with the Holy Spirit tries to communicate with someone that does not have the Spirit, 1 Corinthians 2:14.

You don't seem to understand simple spiritual truths.

Right Divider

Body part
This is very typical when a Christian that is indwelt with the Holy Spirit tries to communicate with someone that does not have the Spirit, 1 Corinthians 2:14.
False accusation RP. You might need to check your faith.

You don't seem to understand simple spiritual truths.
RP, it is quite clear to everyone here that it is not me that has understanding problems.

You're the one that can't even decide if:
  • There is ONLY one gospel
  • There are multiple gospels
Your story changes every other post.

Robert Pate

Banned
False accusation RP. You might need to check your faith.

RP, it is quite clear to everyone here that it is not me that has understanding problems.

You're the one that can't even decide if:
  • There is ONLY one gospel
  • There are multiple gospels
Your story changes every other post.

How Many times do I have to say it?

There is the Kingdom Gospel and there is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God,2 Corinthians 5:18.

The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the king has arrived. Jesus did not preach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly and reconciles the world unto God, he left that up to the apostles.

All that believe in God's promise of a savior are saved and justified by faith. All that had faith that Jesus was their savior are saved and justified by faith. The Bible does not teach in a justification by works, Read carefully.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law (works) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Those that have faith in Jesus and his Gospel are justified. Jesus justifies them by doing for them those things which they are not able to do for themselves.

1. Fulfills the law for them, Matthew 5:18.
2. Atones for their sins, 1 John 2:2.

No one will enter heaven that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus is God's justifier, Romans 3:26. We are justified by faith, because we are justified by Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
How Many times do I have to say it?

There is the Kingdom Gospel and there is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God,2 Corinthians 5:18.

The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the king has arrived. Jesus did not preach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly and reconciles the world unto God, he left that up to the apostles.
So Jesus said that those that believe on Him who sent Him HAVE eternal life. Is that not true? You previously said that the gospel that justifies was not preached until Paul.

All that believe in God's promise of a savior are saved and justified by faith. All that had faith that Jesus was their savior are saved and justified by faith. The Bible does not teach in a justification by works, Read carefully.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law (works) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.
Perhaps you should go read a few million of my posts if you think that I say otherwise.

Those that have faith in Jesus and his Gospel are justified. Jesus justifies them by doing for them those things which they are not able to do for themselves.

1. Fulfills the law for them, Matthew 5:18.
Total confusion on your part, as that verse does NOT say that Jesus "kept the law for them". It is taking about the MANY things described in the law and the prophets related to the Lord and His activities on the earth.

ALL things have NOT YET been fulfilled, but you would know that if you studied the Bible.

2. Atones for their sins, 1 John 2:2.
Indeed.

No one will enter heaven that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus is God's justifier, Romans 3:26. We are justified by faith, because we are justified by Christ.
So you NOW confess openly that you are WRONG all of those MANY times that you claimed that there was only one gospel. Thanks for finally making the tiniest bit of progress.

Rosenritter

The word 'work' or 'works' is pretty easy to understand. In any such passage its talking about doing good and refraining from evil.

Exodus 5:4 KJV
(4) And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.

1 John 3:8 KJV
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Hebrews 4:4 KJV
(4) For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Are you sure of that? The word doesn't seem to simply mean "doing good" as opposed to doing evil. Again, does the word "work" or "works" stand alone in meaning, or is it a word that derives its meaning from context?

(...please consider the irony that you were just chastising someone else a moment ago for not answering simple questions.)

All you know how to do is avoid answering really simple questions and the more you do it, the more you look like the fool so I just keep on repeating myself so everyone can see you for what you are....

Rosenritter

James disagrees (sound familiar?)

James 2:14 14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

James 2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Jesus also disagrees...

Mark 10:17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”

18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ”

20 And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”

21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”

No, James and Paul agree. They even use the exact same scripture to prove their point.

James 2:23 KJV
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Romans 4:3 KJV
(3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

No, Paul agrees with Jesus. It's right in that same scripture you already quoted. All those commandments that man had kept from his youth and he still lacked. He lacked the faith to abandon all that he had and follow Christ.

Mark 10:21 KJV
(21) Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

False dilemmas. James does not disagree with Paul and Paul does not disagree with Jesus.

Rosenritter

To believe on Jesus is to also believe on God the Father, John 8:28, 29.

(agree) .. and we are also told that through faith Moses esteemed the reproach of Christ.

Hebrews 11:24-26 KJV
(24) By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
(25) Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
(26) Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

People seem to forget that God is Christ and vice versa.

beloved57

False Jesus preached the same Gospel the Apostles preached. He even told them to teach/evangelize the world with what He commanded them Matt 28

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
(...please consider the irony that you were just chastising someone else a moment ago for not answering simple questions.)
This line ended our conversation(s). I answered your leading question without allowing you to put a ring in my nose. I know you don't like it but that doesn't matter to me.

You are one similar post away from my ignore list.

Don't push it. I'm not kidding.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
When they called names, the names were connected to the true character of the person/persons. That's not the same as calling a fellow 'Child of God' derogatory or insulting names and making false accusations. Understand?
I haven't paid much attention to his exchange with john w but what little I have seen is john making arguments and Robert ignoring them.

I assume there is a history that I know nothing about. I don't really care. I'm not suggesting that Robert deserves what he's getting from john. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't. I just hate cry baby belly aching and I hate hypocrisy even more.

John isn't going to stop because people he has no respect for whine about it anyway. If anything, it'll let him know that it's working which gives him an incentive to continue (whether he's right or not). Robert needs to do what he said he would do and put john on ignore or else just get over it.