HI

nicholsmom

Could we just drop this debate....This conversation ( pardon my honesty) feels petty * to me.
Now see? That is irony :eek: You claim to want to drop the debate but you continue to argue - which is it? Drop it? Then just say, as others before you have done when faced with a piece of advice concerning the etiquette of the forum, "Oh. Okay, I didn't realize. Thanks for the heads-up." Or continue to argue that you've somehow been wronged, like this:

PS; The irony is that ... many were misunderstanding me( irony?). I never would have ...
Perhaps he should have ...
The internet is ...
If a thread bores someone ...
One of my "crimes" was...
After I made that post ...
I did not...

See? All that is just you continuing your end of the conversation that you claim is dull.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

For my end of the conversation:
1) I never objected to your posting in Newby Central - have a look at other intro threads and see me there being all friendly with newbies and sometimes offering a bit of advise (as I did with you).
2) Do look at the other intro threads and see how it's done. Short and sweet usually wins the day and often some interesting conversations :)
3) Take some time in Newby Central to have a look at the rules and the advise of old-timers.
4) Learn how to post a reply with the text to which you are replying quoted within the reply.
5) A little bit of humility goes a long way around here. I didn't bite your head off or anything, I only asked you to think about what you were asking of the members when you posted all those links.
6) Remember that you don't know us yet. Don't assume that those you think have my support and admiration do, indeed have it. You might just be surprised to find with whom I agree on some subjects :eek:

And most importantly:
7) Stick around for awhile and just read. Get to know the regulars a bit by reading whole conversations.

When Knight said "Welcome to the jungle" he meant it.

:wave:

Anyway, I'll let you two have the last word. Hope believing that you won the debate makes you feel good. I'm torn between 2 principles, 1. Never shy away from a fight. 2. Let trivial disputes die. I choose number 2. This debate bores me as I might imagine anyone that reads this thread agrees.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Anyway, I'll let you two have the last word. Hope believing that you won the debate makes you feel good.
Rather, I'm sorry you are still laboring under the mistaken notion that that's what's going on here.

I'm torn between 2 principles, 1. Never shy away from a fight. 2. Let trivial disputes die. I choose number 2. This debate bores me as I might imagine anyone that reads this thread agrees.
:plain: Anyone have an egg timer?

I'll take that as a compliment, even tho it was not meant as one. I never decline a fight! And after all did not nicholsmom say that TOL was a jungle?
Tho I am also a man of honor and will not engage this debate anymore ( reluctantly) because I said so. This whole episode reminds me of something Patton said. He and the commander of the Soviet forces were required to toast each other. He said," I will not toast a mom( like the single word in the song "Shaft") of a birch." But agreed when the toast was addressed as, " one son of a birch to another." I think that is what nicholsmom was driving at in her last post. I respect her for that.
PS; town heretic, I'm setting you up. I purposely interchanged the words. Tho from one son of a birch to another, lets respect each other!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'll take that as a compliment, even tho it was not meant as one.
Take what?

I never decline a fight!
:think: Can you decline a thing not offered?

And after all did not nicholsmom say that TOL was a jungle?
Jungle, ring...it's mostly harmless, though now and then it can get a bit tooth and claw.

Tho I am also a man of honor and will not engage this debate anymore ( reluctantly) because I said so.
Though you just blew that with the whole last word post prior, no? :chuckle: Kidding. I doubt NM minds and I know how you are about convention.

This whole episode reminds me of something Patton said...PS; town heretic, I'm setting you up. I purposely interchanged the words. Tho from one son of a birch to another, lets respect each other!
:chuckle: Glad to see you're relaxing then. I could definitely loosen up a little myself lately, though my first nod to you actually was a friendly heads up. Thereafter, I was probably taking out a generally sour mood...Ah, well. Now if the powers that be want to relax their standards on that it's completely their business and I think I'm done worrying about it from here on out.

Do be forewarned though, the sort of things allowed the more fundamental and further right among us are nearly completely denied to moderates and anyone left of that. And heathens generally have a much harder line to walk than the faithful. :think: That's about it, really.

Good luck and I'll see you around the monkey pens. :e4e:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That #&%!* was a word in the song "shaft" that is unedited on ALL radio stations, even those for juveniles. If anything I was over sensitive and should not have edited it. I really think you should lighten up. Please tell me how many links we are allowed to make. Does the amount we are allowed increase as our time here increases? And by how much per time period. If you are telling me how many links people will click, how do you know? And besides what business is it of yours? That's like telling an author how many pages he should write because you know how many pages people will actually read. Or are you being kind and wanting to save me the effort? *That is VERY unlikely. Perhaps you will accuse me of being overly sensitive, but I think that anyone that reads your posts will call them unfriendly and unprovoked.

* The irony is that I have done the same at other forums ( posted videos, so that people can get a better feel of who I am and my environment) and have been universally complimented for it. It makes the posts more visual and therefore more interesting. You are the first one to start this type of arbitrary and absurd debate.

What is your problem? Seriously.

Obviously you enjoy freaking out, that part is clear.

TH was very gentlemanly in his address to you. If you were here for a few moments, you would soon see that the advice he gave to you (and took the time to write, which he didn't have to) was meant to ease you in to a new forum and its particular quirks.

He wasn't attacking.

What business is it of his? None, except that he chose to give you a helping hand.

Silly him.

You stomp in here, acting like some innocent "agnostic" fellow, while all the while spewing atheistic rhetoric that is poorly disguised as genuine interest in God and His methodologies and intent.

Try again.

"while all the while spewing atheistic rhetoric "
vegascowboy

Sorry, vegas, your hate filled gibberish will not work. Town heretic and I now understand each other. I guess seeing that our disagreement had ended was intolerable for you. In the quote at the top of this post I imagine you are referring to the post called "faith". I guess asking why bad things happen to good people is evidence that I am an evil atheist. Even if I am an atheist, I believe that atheists are allowed to post here. Anyway, I have learned to ignore you. Tho I do have one last question for you, when not pretending ( thru archaic slang, no modern cowboy talks like that) to be a cowboy why do you constantly only post name calling? I guess you are really into stirring up trouble for no reason. Anyway, rant away. You will get no response from me.
PS; Actually, I do not find your implying that I am an atheist insulting ( sorry) only uninformed.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"while all the while spewing atheistic rhetoric "
vegascowboy

Sorry, vegas, your hate filled gibberish will not work. Town heretic and I now understand each other.

You just don't get it, do you? I do not hate you at all. If you have gathered that from my posts, then I apologize, but it is you who are mistaken and ill-informed. On the contrary, I see in you the potential for a valuable discussion and worthwhile dialogue.

My point about your "Faith" thread was not the content, it was the presentation. The underlying nature of your inquiry is a noteworthy one, but when you disguise it in an oversimplified story of thugs breaking into a home and harming children there, it is simply a tired and well-worn attempt at prying deeply held and very sacred feelings from believers. In other words, I think it is beneath your intellectual capacity. Get it? I was trying to provide a compliment to the potential of your ability.

You ask good questions, but please do not demean us by treating us as unthinking children.

I guess seeing that our disagreement had ended was intolerable for you.

I see that you and TH have come to an understanding. I fear that I missed that before, and for that, I am sorry.

In the quote at the top of this post I imagine you are referring to the post called "faith". I guess asking why bad things happen to good people is evidence that I am an evil atheist.

You continue to say that I have called you an "evil atheist." Please provide specific posts where I have said those words. My comment was that your words seem to be the musings of a thinly veiled atheist pretending to be a caring and curious agnostic. I never called you evil. I never said you were an atheist.

Even if I am an atheist, I believe that atheists are allowed to post here.

Certainly, and I mentioned that very thing.

Anyway, I have learned to ignore you.

I'm sorry to hear it.

Tho I do have one last question for you, when not pretending ( thru archaic slang, no modern cowboy talks like that) to be a cowboy...

Archaic slang? I am sorry that you choose not to like my way of speaking. I can only be myself, speak in my own way, and reflect my own experiences. And I never said that I was a cowboy, modern or otherwise. I like cowboys, and I respect and admire their way of life. I live in the West and have embraced a lot of their sentimentalities, but I never said I was one.

...why do you constantly only post name calling?

Again, where? I define name calling as using terms such as idiot, moron, stupid, ugly, etc. which some on TOL can and will use when talking to you. I am not one of them. Where have I used a name such as this to refer to you?

I guess you are really into stirring up trouble for no reason.

No, not for no reason. I simply want you to dialogue at the level of which I think you are capable. For good or ill, I was trying to compliment the ability to carry on an intellectual conversation that I think is inherent in you.

Your Faith thread seemed to me, IMHO, to be a little like a surgeon pretending to only have the skills of a physician's assistant. You, of course, being the surgeon.

Anyway, rant away. You will get no response from me.

So be it.

PS; Actually, I do not find your implying that I am an atheist insulting ( sorry) only uninformed.

Well that's good then, but it wasn't meant as an insult...at least not in the way you are thinking.

vegascowboy
I think we have agreed to disagree on some minor issues. However, we have learned to respect each other and that is what is important.

"since there is a strong likelihood that you will be another flash in the pan"
nicholsmom
I'll be back! :wave: Just so there are no misunderstandings, I meant that in the spirit of friendly humor.

fool

Hall of Fame
Learn how to use the YouTube tags and Knight may forgive you for all the &^%$#(*&^.
Just copy and paste the lotsaletterslotsanumbers part then high light them and hit the YouTube button.
It'll then give you a drop down where you can title it "like this".
I think you have to be registered plus to edit your posts so no sense in trying to fix them now, just going forward........
And welcome.

Ann Arbor is right next to Northville Michigan, where I was raised. Explains a lot? :chuckle:
like this

you see?

Actually, I work with zombies everyday and they are harmless. Unless you criticize their work!

fool

Hall of Fame
By the way I was raised in Farmington Hills and live in Berkley now.