toldailytopic: Internet bullying - where do you draw the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Yes

Yes

That is not the same thing as Paul saying "stone this person for {offense}". This is Paul saying that if he has done anything deserving of death under then he is okay with dying. You still need to show where Jesus or one of the Apostles said, "Stone them".

As to the thief, is it not true that we are ALL deserving of death?

We are all deserving of death, but, apparently, God believes that we are all also deserving of salvation.

If I were sinless I wouldn't need salvation. The very fact that salvation is available to each and every one of us means that sin can be forgiven.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Why? Are you illiterate?

I think you know thats not true. I just expect someone who has ample time to respond in type to put their thoughts together CLEARLY. I will take you at whatever you type, verbatim. Be very concise when discussing things with me, because I don't like assuming things. In the event that I have to assume something because of your typographical ineptitude, I will not make assumptions in your favor.

It does not say that God places people in authority, it says that the only authority anyone really has is from God.

Fair enough. If God the only authority they have is from God, why be bitter about huge taxes? What can you do to change it, other than vote em' out? I'm only trying to say that there is NO point in being bitter at the gov't that was elected into office. Especially if you consider that we are to store up treasures in heaven Matt 6:20. You need to chill just a bit.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
That is not the same thing as Paul saying "stone this person for {offense}". This is Paul saying that if he has done anything deserving of death under then he is okay with dying. You still need to show where Jesus or one of the Apostles said, "Stone them".

As to the thief, is it not true that we are ALL deserving of death?
You're a moron.

1. Not all of us deserve to be executed. There is a difference.
  2. Paul would not say this about himself if he didn't believe it about others.

I think you know thats not true. I just expect someone who has ample time to respond in type to put their thoughts together CLEARLY. I will take you at whatever you type, verbatim. Be very concise when discussing things with me, because I don't like assuming things. In the event that I have to assume something because of your typographical ineptitude, I will not make assumptions in your favor.
:yawn:

Fair enough. If God the only authority they have is from God, why be bitter about huge taxes? What can you do to change it, other than vote em' out? I'm only trying to say that there is NO point in being bitter at the gov't that was elected into office. Especially if you consider that we are to store up treasures in heaven Matt 6:20. You need to chill just a bit.
I already told you I am not bitter. And I said the only real authority they have is from God. Any authority they attempt to have beyond what He has delegated is no real authority at all, but merely the posturing of men who disregard, ignore and deny God. Do you know what God said about governments who tax as much as ours?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
LOL. That made me happy.

I already told you I am not bitter. And I said the only real authority they have is from God. Any authority they attempt to have beyond what He has delegated is no real authority at all, but merely the posturing of men who disregard, ignore and deny God. Do you know what God said about governments who tax as much as ours?

No sir, I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.