ECT Which Gospel Preached During the Tribulation Period?

john w

Hall of Fame
Here is your exact quote:

As the "gang" can see, you are making fun of me for suggesting that sources other than the KJV are needed to understand what is in the KJV.

The two examples I gave were Hanukkah & Epimenides.

Without other sources there is no way anyone could learn where Hanukkah came from in John 10:22 by just using a KJV.

Without other sources there is no way anyone could know who Paul was quoting when Paul said "All Cretans are liars" in Titus 1:12 with only a KJV.

Translation: I, tet., am too stupid to figger it out, so the book is wrong. The end.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I will use other sources when this is no longer true,

2 Timothy 3
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Why then have you recommended chickenman’s book?

john w

Hall of Fame
"Before Darby, Scofield, Chafer, Bullinger, Ryrie, Anderson, and Stam there was no such thing as MAD.Last I checked, Darby, Scofield, Chafer, Bullinger, Ryrie, Anderson, and Stam were men.Hence, “man made belief system.”-tetty

Tet.'s great great great grandfather, Uncle Ben Israel Preterist, to Marty(Martin Luther): Hey, Marty, no such thing as this wacko, "man made belief system" of yours!

Cricket...cricket.....

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Of course you just ignore what I said about Peter's sermon on the day of Pentecost because in that sermon Peter said nothing about the finished work of the Lord Jesus upon the Cross.

You are not interested in an intelligent discussion on this issue because in order to do that you would actually have to address issues to which you have no answer.

So instead you make a statement that is obviously not true. In the sermon that I mentioned earlier where did Peter ever tell others to "trust in Jesus and what He had done"?

Where? Tell me! Otherwise just admit that you will not hesitate to just make up things if it suits your purposes.

You prove that you really have no understanding about this subject and you are not capable of learning.

Peter was a fisherman, not a theologian. Acts 2 is based on Christ's recent death and the cross. How can you say thousands were saved just by saying Jesus was Messiah? (Mormons, JWs, Muslims could say this). You want Peter to quote I Cor. 15:1-4, but the principles are in His message. Peter did not hide the death of Christ from the audience (read His letters). He did not hand out Paul's '4 Spiritual Laws' tract nor did He need to. The audience knew Jesus was crucified and Peter said He was risen, in addition to Him being Lord and Messiah. Jesus revealed His role as Lamb of God early in His earthly ministry. After the fact, Peter understood this, even before Paul converted.

There is no gospel without the cross. The cross is tied in with who Jesus is. Just because what he had done was not expanded in a Romans treatise does not mean the Petrine, Johannine, Pauline gospel were not all grace/faith after the cross.

I give up. Being shrill does not make one smart, huh?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Why then have you recommended chickenman’s book?

The superspiritual types who say they just believe the Bible are being dishonest. There is also nothing wrong with books that exegete the Bible correctly. Jesus and Paul used other writings to learn, in addition to Scripture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A bible rejector, correcting me, a bible believer?

You a Bible believer?

You reject the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross.

According to you it wasn't good enough for everyone, just certain people in a secret parenthetical dispensation.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The superspiritual types who say they just believe the Bible are being dishonest. There is also nothing wrong with books that exegete the Bible correctly. Jesus and Paul used other writings to learn, in addition to Scripture.

Exactly.

Johnny W pasted a commentary from some guy just the other day, but then goes on and on about commentaries.

STP says all anyone needs is a KJV, and then gives scripture to support his claim of not using any other sources, yet at the same time recommends cm's book.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Hypocrites are false teachers.

False teachers are hypocrites.

False, hypocritical teachers are not superspiritual.

They are anti-Christs.

They are enemies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as this thread has proven beyond a doubt.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The "gospel of grace" was not preached by Peter on ther day of Pentecost and there is no evidence that anyone preached that gospel before Paul.

Odd.

Peter taught:

"Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and he glories that would follow. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by he Holy Spirit sent from heaven . . things which angels desire to look into." I Peter 1:10-12

Peter confirms the Gospel preached comes through the agency of the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit was conveying the gospel of grace, ministered through the holy prophets of old.

"For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the Spirit." I Peter 4:6

All your claims about different gospels, insult the Spirit of Grace and "wrest" the Holy Scriptures in a very serious manner. Such unrepentant practices and exhibition of unbelief will work to your destruction. (II Peter 3:16)

Nang

Jerry Shugart

Odd.

Peter taught:

"Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and he glories that would follow. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by he Holy Spirit sent from heaven . . things which angels desire to look into." I Peter 1:10-12
That was many years after Paul first preached the gospel of grace.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That was many years after Paul first preached the gospel of grace.

No . . . Peter was referencing salvation as revealed by the O.T. Prophets who prophesied the grace of Christ. When " . . . He (the Spirit of Christ) testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow." I Peter 1:11

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang lectures dispensationalists but she doesn't even understand the most basic fact of salvation.

According to her we do not believe to get saved!

Correct.

Belief is not a contingency; it is a result.

Belief is not a means; it is an end.

Belief is not a cause; it is an effect.

The contingency, means, and cause of salvation is the grace of God that gifts sinners with faith in the righteousness and works of Jesus Christ.

Jerry Shugart

Peter was a fisherman, not a theologian. Acts 2 is based on Christ's recent death and the cross.
To say that Christ died and was resurrected is NOT the same thing as saying that "Christ died for our sins."
How can you say thousands were saved just by saying Jesus was Messiah?
They were saved by believing that Jesus is the Messiah:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him" (1 Jn.5:1).
Peter did not hide the death of Christ from the audience (read His letters).
We are talking about his sermon on the day of Pentecost and not his letters. I have said over and over that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Earlier I said that you make a statement that is obviously not true. In the sermon that I mentioned earlier where did Peter ever tell others to "trust in Jesus and what He had done"?

Where? Tell me! Otherwise just admit that you will not hesitate to just make up things if it suits your purposes.

Of course you have been given a chance to back up your wild assertion and you have provided nothing!

NOTHING! A big fat ZERO!

Will you now admit that you will not hesitate to just make up things if it suits your purposes?

Jerry Shugart

All your claims about different gospels, insult the Spirit of Grace and "wrest" the Holy Scriptures in a very serious manner. Such unrepentant practices and exhibition of unbelief will work to your destruction. (II Peter 3:16)
Let us look at your statement that "wrest" the Holy Spirit in a very serious manner:
IOW's, we do not "believe" to get saved. We "believe" because we have been saved. . . strictly by the grace and will of God.

According to you we do not believe to get saved!

Evidently you believes that the Philippian jailer was given the wrong answer when he asked what he must do to be saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

This is all beyond your ability to understand.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).

Jerry Shugart

No . . . Peter was referencing salvation as revealed by the O.T. Prophets who prophesied the grace of Christ. When " . . . He (the Spirit of Christ) testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow." I Peter 1:11
"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven" (1 Pet.1:10-1).

Here Peter is saying that the prophets searched diligently in an effort to determine what the prophecies concerning Christ's suffering did signify but it was not revealed unto them. Even the Twelve Apostles, those closest to the Lord Jesus, did not realize that He was going to die (Lk.18:31-34) or be resurrected (Jn.20:9). They certainly did not know the "purpose" of the Cross, that "Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God" (1 Pet.3:18).

Roger M. Raymer writes: "Concerning this salvation (cf. 'salvation' in vv. 5, 9) the prophets...searched intently and with the greatest care their own Spirit-guided writings. They longed to participate in this salvation and coming period of grace and tried to discover the appointed time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing. The pondered how the glorious Messiah could be involved in suffering" (Walvoord & Zuck, The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], p.842).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Let us look at your statement that "wrest" the Holy Spirit in a very serious manner:

According to you we do not believe to get saved!

Evidently you believes that the Philippian jailer was given the wrong answer when he asked what he must do to be saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

If you let Scripture interpret Scripture, you will find explanation of this in John 6:29, where Jesus revealed: "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."

Belief is the "work of God." Not our work. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

Jerry Shugart

If you let Scripture interpret Scripture, you will find explanation of this in John 6:29, where Jesus revealed: "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."

Belief is the "work of God." Not our work. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
That is an odd interpretation of that verse. But you failed to address the verses which contradict you earlier statement:
we do not "believe" to get saved
Evidently you believe that the Philippian jailer was given the wrong answer when he asked what he must do to be saved:

Give us your interpretation of the question and the answer which was given.