why does Rusha hate me?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So, since its to much work you want to just drop it? That is kind of sad. Aren't you glad that the suffragettes didn't think that fighting for your right to vote republican felt it was to much effort and just quit?

so you don't know?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
so you don't know?
It is required to start in the house and senate and then to be ratified by 3/4 of the states.

So it leads one to wonder...

During the last two years of the Clinton presidency he had a republican controlled congress. Congress presented an abortion bill to him that they knew he would veto and he did. Then Bush cam to office. He had a republican controlled congress that had just sent an abortion bill to Clinton yet could never produce a comprehensive bill to send to Bush. Given that congress have completed an abortion bill, they could very easily have put together the wording for a constitutional amendment yet they did nothing.

The argument you were setting up for collapses under the weight of history.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It is required to start in the house and senate and then to be ratified by 3/4 of the states.

So it leads one to wonder...

During the last two years of the Clinton presidency he had a republican controlled congress. Congress presented an abortion bill to him that they knew he would veto and he did. Then Bush cam to office. He had a republican controlled congress that had just sent an abortion bill to Clinton yet could never produce a comprehensive bill to send to Bush. Given that congress have completed an abortion bill, they could very easily have put together the wording for a constitutional amendment yet they did nothing.

The argument you were setting up for collapses under the weight of history.

it is easier to get a conservative on the court
than
it is to change the constitution
and
the same people opposing conservative judges would also oppose the change ing the constitution

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
it is easier to get a conservative on the court
than
it is to change the constitution
and
the same people opposing conservative judges would also oppose the change ing the constitution
But the court will eventually swing back to liberal and make abortion legal once more. Why not make it a permanent fix by doing what it takes to make it an amendment? You will have to fight judicial nominations each and every time they arise. Do the amendment and you only have to do it once. Well, actually, 40 times, once in the senate, once in the house and 38 states.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
But the court will eventually swing back to liberal and make abortion legal once more. Why not make it a permanent fix by doing what it takes to make it an amendment? You will have to fight judicial nominations each and every time they arise. Do the amendment and you only have to do it once. Well, actually, 40 times, once in the senate, once in the house and 38 states.

the Democratic Party is committed to keeping abortion legal
and
it would only take 34 democrats in the senate to block the change in the constitution
so
do you think getting less than 34 democrats in the senate is realistic?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
the Democratic Party is committed to keeping abortion legal
and
it would only take 34 democrats in the senate to block the change in the constitution
so
do you think getting less than 34 democrats in the senate is realistic?
And so do the republicans.

I also think that it is possible to get the votes required to make it an amendment. Politicians respond to threats to getting re-elected.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
you are not making sense
No, you just refuse to listen to anything anybody says against the republicans.

The republicans have no vested interest in ending abortion. It is in their best interest to keep it legal, so they do.

bybee

Well

Well

yes I can tell the difference
and
there is a big difference
so
I am amazed at those who suggest there isn't

now can you tell me if you see the difference?

I can see the difference in the voting record. But, more importantly, is the grass roots swell of support or disapproval of legislation that undermines basic morality.
What is basic morality? you say.
In life, it is what God has declared it to be.
In law, it is either what the majority declare it to be, or, it is what the legislature declares it to be.
bybee

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
They would rather talk about the problem than do something about it
Even though the republicans are a despicable bunch
They are the only choice a Christian has
Wringing your hands is not a choice

JosephR

rusha hates everything, herself most of all

well, God most of all

and she'll burn for it

for whom knows the thoughts of God? for men cannot know, and to say one will burn while you do not cry and pray for Her soul most assured means you will suffer a fate worse then hers..

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
for whom knows the thoughts of God? for men cannot know, and to say one will burn while you do not cry and pray for Her soul most assured means you will suffer a fate worse then hers..

i pray for the souls of all those who are lost

and i know that if rusha doesn't turn she will burn

This Charming Manc

Chryrs,

I dont think Rusha hates you..

she just plays rough.

I think we get on most issues we get on, but when gun control comes out I think she thinks I juts crawled out form under a stone.

I don't think she hates me I just think her manner is boisterous :)

bybee

Chryrs,

she just plays rough.

I think we get on most issues we get on, but when gun control comes out I think she thinks I juts crawled out form under a stone.

She calls a spade a spade. I call that honesty.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chryrs,

she just plays rough.

Honestly, I like you quite a lot. You are pleasant, well intentioned and honest from what I have seen.

You are just WRONG WRONG WRONG on gun control, and I am only trying to steer you in the right direction. :thumb: