toldailytopic: The worst movies of all-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman

Have any of you seen Battlefield Earth with John Travolta??? :shocked:

Some movies you can tell in advance are a waste of time and money.

This is why I haven't seen Battlefield Earth, Twilight, or Transformers :chuckle: :p

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh, and you know what else was painfully bad, grotesque, and borderline unredeemable? Splice. Dear God but what exec thought greenlighting this was a good idea?

The Graphite

Absolutely, positively, without any question whatsoever...

"Monster In A Box" written by, directed by and starring Spalding Gray.

I have never seen such an agonizingly painful epic of boredom in my entire life. I saw it for free and not only "wanted my money back" ... but wanted to sue the theater and production company and everyone involved in making this monstrosity of uselessness. I just read that it is only 87 minutes long. It literally feels like a 4-hour movie.

It is one man - Spalding Gray, an actor and writer barely known for semi-popular indie films, mostly - one man on stage at a table with a box on his left containing his massive, unpublished novel, and he spends that 87 minutes just sitting there on screen doing a one-man stage show (a "long-form monologue"), recounting the preposterously self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-important, pseudo-intellectual, pseudo-witty and utterly boring account of several years of his life while he filmed some half-forgotten movie called "The Fields of Cambodia" while also writing this unpublished novel on the side.

As if anyone on planet earth besides him even cares. Oh my gosh, I practically had nightmares about it. I made myself sit through it just so I could say I had survived it, while hoping somehow there would be a pay-off at the end of the story. Yeah, fat chance. They should use this thing to torture suspected terrorists in secret prisons around the world. I am fairly certain it will be projected on a screen with volume at maximum in one of the middle circles of Hell, for all of eternity.

The Graphite

Superman Returns
X-Men 3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Spider-Man 3
Batman Forever
Superman III
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Elektra
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
And yet, you keep watching comic-book movies... why? :confused:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Where are all the M. Night movies? After Unbreakable I only ever saw two and they were both worthless.

I think one of the worst movies I ever saw was Twilight.
Did you expect it to be good?

And yet, you keep watching comic-book movies... why? :confused:
Superman: The Movie
Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Watchmen
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
X-Men
X-Men 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
The Incredible Hulk [Edward Norton]*
Batman ['89]
Blade
A History of Violence
Road to Perdition
Hellboy
Kick-***

Shall I continue?

*The one with Eric Bana should be on my previous list.

assuranceagent

Dark City
Waterworld

There was another one that is more recent. It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but it was ridiculously hyped as being one of the funniest movies ever by so many people that, when I finally saw it, I was totally disappointed.

I can't remember the name of it. There were even a number of folks here at TOL that were talking about how amazingly funny it was...

:think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
What about most of the Saw franchise? The first one was marginally entertaining but the rest became sadism for sadism's sake (even by a slasher franchise's standards, this one's really repugnant).

elohiym

Are there any really bad movies that you liked?

Yes! I liked The Rapture; and it was bad only because of the theology that drove the plot. The plot: A telephone operator living an empty, amoral life finds God and loses him again. :doh: Starring Mimi Rogers, with David Duchovny in a great role. Not to be watched with children (nudity, and depravity is depicted).

Cruciform

Robin and Marion
Constantine
Out of Africa
The English Patient
Batman & Robin
Oceans 12
Wild, Wild, West
Speed
Lawrence of Arabia
The Searchers
The Wrestler
The Aviator
Just shows the subjective element in film criticism. For example, I would consider five of the movies you listed to be good films, and at least two of them to be among the greatest films ever made.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

madman

Just shows the subjective element in film criticism. For example, I would consider five of the movies you listed to be good films, and at least two of them to be among the greatest films ever made.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
I'd be interested in those you think are great.

I watched Lawrence of Arabia about 2 weeks ago, and it was painful. It was so bad, and so over acted, it was nauseating.

Saw The Searchers a month ago, and could hardly sit through the whole thing. The dialog was horrendous, implausible, and ignorant.

Watched Robin and Marion the other night (cased on a critics recommendation that it is the best Robin Hood film), and I would say it was the worst movie I've ever seen (and I've seen thousands).

Status
Not open for further replies.