toldailytopic: The worst movies of all-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruciform

I'd be interested in those you think are great.
In my view, Lawrence of Arabia is one of the great films ever, largely due to its cinematography and it's overall influence upon the art of filmmaking. I see The English Patient as among the greatest films as well (it has everything---story, visual excellence, epic scope, etc.).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Selaphiel

Absolutely, positively, without any question whatsoever...

"Monster In A Box" written by, directed by and starring Spalding Gray.

I have never seen such an agonizingly painful epic of boredom in my entire life. I saw it for free and not only "wanted my money back" ... but wanted to sue the theater and production company and everyone involved in making this monstrosity of uselessness. I just read that it is only 87 minutes long. It literally feels like a 4-hour movie.

It is one man - Spalding Gray, an actor and writer barely known for semi-popular indie films, mostly - one man on stage at a table with a box on his left containing his massive, unpublished novel, and he spends that 87 minutes just sitting there on screen doing a one-man stage show (a "long-form monologue"), recounting the preposterously self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-important, pseudo-intellectual, pseudo-witty and utterly boring account of several years of his life while he filmed some half-forgotten movie called "The Fields of Cambodia" while also writing this unpublished novel on the side.

As if anyone on planet earth besides him even cares. Oh my gosh, I practically had nightmares about it. I made myself sit through it just so I could say I had survived it, while hoping somehow there would be a pay-off at the end of the story. Yeah, fat chance. They should use this thing to torture suspected terrorists in secret prisons around the world. I am fairly certain it will be projected on a screen with volume at maximum in one of the middle circles of Hell, for all of eternity.

Cookie Monster has a far better version of that movie:

I love that blue beast.

As for bad movies:

-Star Wars Episodes 1-3
-The Matrix sequels
-Batman & Robin
-Inglorious Basterds
-Death Proof

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Last Airbender

I'm so angry I didn't see the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes where it got 8% before I saw it. It is at least 8% and possibly lower.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Maybe not "worst movie" material but am I alone in saying that Burton's original Batman is ugly and insufferable? I prefer the Nolan take better myself but even Batman Returns is an improvement on Burton's first approach to the material. If the 1989 version had been called Jack Does The Joker that at least would've been truth in advertising. What a terrible waste. The movie does not age well...and aside from Keaton's arguably deeper, brooding, and neurotic angle on Bruce Wayne, Nolan's mythos is in every way superior.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't really remember anything about it but I do remember thinking The Million Dollar Hotel, with Mel Gibson, was the worst movie of all-time when I watched it.

elohiym

Airbenders off my list. :thumb:

We should do this more often. That saved me a small fortune! :D

The Graphite

"Car 54, Where Are You?"

One of the worst retro/remake movies EVER made. It is a travesty. Another film I saw for free and felt ripped-off.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
:mock:
I think one of the worst movies I ever saw was Twilight.

:D

(please dont ban me....)

Worst movie I've ever seen that I thought would be good was "Mr. Accident" by Yahoo Serious, I loved "Young Einstein".

To stick with well known stuff, I'll say Star Wars One was especially disappointing. There are worse for sure but that one should have been great.

The Graphite

Superman: The Movie
Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Watchmen
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
X-Men
X-Men 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
The Incredible Hulk [Edward Norton]*
Batman ['89]
Blade
A History of Violence
Road to Perdition
Hellboy
Kick-***

Shall I continue?

*The one with Eric Bana should be on my previous list.

Good answer! I agree with you on most of your selections. :thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Hangover.

That's it.

To many, it was the greatest comedy to come along in decades. I watched it. Meh. :plain:
Yeah, it was funny, but not that funny. It has one of the best insults on film, though: "You are literally too stupid to insult."

And what did you not like about 300?

Just shows the subjective element in film criticism. For example, I would consider five of the movies you listed to be good films, and at least two of them to be among the greatest films ever made.
Please don't say, "Constantine," or, "Batman & Robin."

A re-make of TRON is in the works. "If at first you don't succeed..."

Actually, it's a sequel, not a remake. And I loved the original Tron. :banana:
What he said. And it's past the "in the works" stage. Actually, I think they may have finished principal photography by now.

Good answer! I agree with you on most of your selections. :thumb:
Thank you.

I forgot to mention Sin City.

Thunder's Muse

Years ago, a boyfriend took me to see this 3D horror movie about Rottweilers going mad and killing people in a small town. It was, hands down, the worst movie I have ever seen...I can't even remember what it was called, it was so bad.

Silent Hunter

Years ago, a boyfriend took me to see this 3D horror movie about Rottweilers going mad and killing people in a small town. It was, hands down, the worst movie I have ever seen...I can't even remember what it was called, it was so bad.
Might you mean "Rottweiler: Dogs of Hell" or "Rottweiler (V)?"

Status
Not open for further replies.