Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
George W. Bush Abortion Legacy

This is the show from Friday January 23rd, 2009.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
National RIght To Life has redefined what it means to be prolife. It means if you give them money you're prolife. That's their new definition of "prolife."

SUMMARY:

* Bush directly killed 111,801 unborn children: Hear Los Angeles radio host Gregg Jackson interviewing Bob Enyart to correct the record about President Bush put out by the pro-life industry that praised his abortion record. Bob uses the extraordinary and indisputable prolife profile list from American RTL of all the pro-abortion actions publicly committed by the former president to demonstrate that contrary to popular claims, Bush has had a significant pro-abortion influence.

* ARTL's prolife profile of GWB:

- By his so-called "exceptions" while in office George W. Bush directly supported killing 111,801 unborn children
- Bush opposed South Dakota's 2006 total abortion ban; because as he told ABC News he supports killing some kids
- In 2008, South Dakota added enough exceptions to fill a school bus, yet Bush still failed to support it
- See more...

Post-show note:

* BEL Indiana Seminars:
Bob Enyart is coming to Indiana this week! Goshen Thursday night and Indianapolis on Saturday to present a new BEL Seminar Hermeneutics: Tools for Studying the Bible. Learn how to use tools of interpretation as you study the Bible. And as importantly, Bob will discuss the principles involved for prioritizing these hermeneutics and how to decide which tool to use in which instance. You'll love it! See EnyartSeminar2009.info for more information and to register please call 1-800-8Enyart!

Today's Resource: Holocaust survivor, messianic rabbi and author Eliezer Urbach describes Bob Enyart's life's work, The Plot, an overview of the Bible, this way: "Take this startling journey into truth. So traditional, at each step, everything appears familiar. Yet, as an expert guide revealing new wonders (Mat. 13:52), Bob Enyart brings the Bible to life with often ignored passages." Aside from that best-selling book, you can also listen to Bob teaching through that same overview of the Bible and to study dozens of books of the Bible with him, all on CD or downloadable MP3s! And you can subscribe to our monthly Bible Study Albums or our Monthly Sermons resources! Every month, you'll get another Bible Study CD, or the latest Sermons CD, delivered to your door in the U.S. Mail. These subscriptions will help you grow spiritually and intellectually! So many have reported that the biblical knowledge they gain from these resources is so practical that it has helped them improve their marriages, friendships, parenting and grand-parenting, work relations, evangelizing, and so many general life skills! And of course, subscribing to one or more of these resources will not only help you, at the same time you will be helping BEL reach more people!

C

cattyfan

"Bush directly killed 111,801 unborn children"

No he didn't. Directly would be Bush actually performing the abortions. Did he fail to support measures which would protect the unborn? In some cases, yes, but he didn't DIRECTLY perform any abortions.

It's the difference between "literally" and "figuratively."

Granite

Hall of Fame

No he didn't. Directly would be Bush actually performing the abortions. Did he fail to support measures which would protect the unborn? In some cases, yes, but he didn't DIRECTLY perform any abortions.

What about the Iraqi children dead because of the invasion? Are those children he literally or figuratively killed?

C

cattyfan

What about the Iraqi children dead because of the invasion? Are those children he literally or figuratively killed?

Those are the responsibility of the terrorists who created the situation in the first place...and in many cases have used the children as shields.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Those are the responsibility of the terrorists who created the situation in the first place...and in many cases have used the children as shields.

Mmm. So they're not dead because we bombed, blew up, or shot them. Okay, glad you cleared that up. Next time another pro-life Christian orders an invasion I'll be sure to assume you don't hold he or she culpable for the dead children in that country, either.

The Graphite

No, he supported measures that actually kill babies, including funding their murders with taxpayer money, and knowingly hiring people who would also kill babies.

I pray this excellent documentation of Bush's record will continue to be available until someday when we are able to hold Nuremberg II and convict him of crimes against humanity.

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, he supported measures that actually kill babies, including funding their murders with taxpayer money, and knowingly hiring people who would also kill babies.

I pray this excellent documentation of Bush's record will continue to be available until someday when we are able to hold Nuremberg II and convict him of crimes against humanity.

...and others, right? And let's not forget the guy and his cronies deserve to hang for other offenses, too.

drbrumley

Since we went in Iraq, those who fought us were terrorists? Were the Serbians terorists too? The Soviets of the Cold War? The Vietnamese? The Koreans? Terrorists are the easy label to those who oppose our empire building?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

catty, not trying to argue here but I have a question....

If I gave my daughter $300 to get an abortion... did I literally, or figuratively, help kill my grandchild?

C

cattyfan

If I gave my daughter $300 to get an abortion... did I literally, or figuratively, help kill my grandchild?

Figuratively. You helped faciliate it, and are just as guilty, but you did not literally commit the murder. In law terms, you would be an accessory.

elohiym

I would say literally (literally helped), but I would also say indirectly. Catty appeared to be comparing literally vs. figuratively to directly vs. indirectly. In my opinion, the hyperbole was unnecessary. He didn't directly kill anyone...that we know of. :noid:

C

cattyfan

Catty, so Bush murdered the kids, you just don't like the "directly" term?

He helped make the murders possible, but wasn't the one to commit them. So, no...I don't like the term "directly."

I would say literally (literally helped), but I would also say indirectly. Catty appeared to be comparing literally vs. figuratively to directly vs. indirectly. In my opinion, the hyperbole was unnecessary. He didn't directly kill anyone...that we know of. :noid:

That's it.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER

Or to be even more specific, did your daughter directly or indirectly kill her child?

Shai Gar

Unless he pulled the trigger that launched the bullets, or pressed the buttons that dropped or launched the missles, I'm unwilling to say that George Bush killed anyone.

The soldiers who fired the weapons are culpable for their own actions. No person has the ability to say honestly, that they are not in control of their own physical actions (unless hypnotised).

In addition to what Granite said; Are you unwilling to say that these children are not witnesses to the atrocities, or that they're unaware of the atrocities of the USA that might make them angry enough to decide to defend their land against the invaders?

What granite said however was more than likely what was responsible for the deaths of the majority. But I'm unwilling to rule out children who have seen their fathers, brothers, sisters, mothers, extended families or friends killed, and then in their grief pick up a weapon and shoot at an american or refuse to put down his weapon(angry grieving stubborness) once he picked it up out of anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.