toldailytopic: What is your daily internet routine?? And how does TOL fit in? What ot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 2nd, 2010 10:39 AM

toldailytopic: What is your daily internet routine?? And how does TOL fit in? What other sites do you frequent? (no links please)

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

WizardofOz

Very nice! :up:

Do you have any other favorite sites that you hit every day?

Not so much anymore. I used to ebay much more than I do now. I also used to frequent an auto club forum but do not any longer. Occasional email is about it other than work stuff.

TOL is by far my most frequently visited website.

grebe

In the morning, in approximately this order:

Email (of course!)
MSNBC
Huffington Post
Marketwatch (market pre-bell)
Local weather on NOAA
The Daily Coyote
LA Times
Facebook
The Daily Dish
The Business Insider
Zero Hedge
...at this point the caffeine really kicks in and I circle back.
TOL later in the day...

WizardofOz

E*trade and youtube are a few I still go on. And IGN when I'm acting like a kid :D

I do a bit of headline/news digging each day, but no particular site. I'll google the issue and get opposing perspectives.

Oh, and Facebook :down: I've blocked it on all company PC's due to farmville and mafia wars.

Get a life people!!!!!

Squishes

Go through all my RSS feeds, check my sports blogs and answer emails. Check TOL intermittently throughout the day.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
My e-mail, Facebook [just to see if there are any new messages], io9 and the Cheezburger network. After that I go to TOL and stay there until I'm done. I usually get off the internet after that.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
E*trade and youtube are a few I still go on. And IGN when I'm acting like a kid :D

I do a bit of headline/news digging each day, but no particular site. I'll google the issue and get opposing perspectives.

Oh, and Facebook :down: I've blocked it on all company PC's due to farmville and mafia wars.

Get a life people!!!!!

You can just block the game apps.....my company has Facebook accessible but you can't get to the game apps. I don't know how they do it but they do. :idunno:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I played with Madelyn; she is five and a precious child. We played the Pound Puppies, the nice one that just lays around; I could pet that one and their is the licking puppy, at first I thought is was biting me, however, it was just linking and there is the wild puppy, who jumps all over one; I said that puppy scared me. She said it did not bite, but I told her it scared me anyway. Then is was the Barbies, but no sooner did I begin to imagine a game, she was off to the basement to play with the little ponies, that was fun, they were going for a ride in a Barbie truck; next I know, she was on a spring rocking horse and she rode it with such a force, it scared me! I told her I was much too scared for her to ride it so fast and she did stop. Then it was more little ponies until her grandfather said it was time to watch "The Velveteen Rabbit" and we both watched it while grandfather played on the computer. It was such a wonderful day!

Oh, I wish I had a great Grandchild to play with, God willing, that is all I want here in the flesh.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The email in box is first. Work permitting, meaning timewise, I will keep a tab open so I can rebuke godrulz all day long. Time permitting. The last couple of months have been easy for me.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
As TomO said.....TOL is my first site opened for the day and the last checked. My addiction is strong. :eek:

Between my TOLing I usually go to...

Reddit (probably my 2nd most frequented page) - get lots of random funny stuff and some good news stories also.

Check news (DailyBeast, CSMonitor, and MSNBC being the most used news sites. Occasionally others like DrudgeReport and PoliticsDaily and CommonDreams)

Most days I will briefly go to Facebook

And my guilty pleasure is going to WWTDD somewhat frequently. :noid:

Selaphiel

I have TOL running in one tab all the time as long as my PC is on. I also visit some gaming sites like Giantbomb and Gamespot regularly. Other than that I browse some newspaper sites and youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.