Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Atheist PhD

BANNED
Banned
Show us a picture of what a "hunk" looks like. Especially at 50 years of age. I used to be okay looking but at 54 I'm certainly no where near a hunk or hunkess.

For someone to claim they're a hunk tells me they're not with the real world, similarly to atheists thinking Christians aren't either.

Put some pics up of your hunkiness por favor so we can be the judge of your statements.

Some people have no sense of humor, but sorry I don't post personal picts on Forums, but my wife assures me I'm still a hunk. Just because someone turns 5-0 doesn't mean life ends or one has to stop taking care of himself, get fat, etc.... I'm actually appalled that someone would even say or infer it. sheesh.... "Momma says, pretty is as pretty does..."

BabyChristian

Some people have no sense of humor, but sorry I don't post personal picts on Forums, but my wife assures me I'm still a hunk. Just because someone turns 5-0 doesn't mean life ends or one has to stop taking care of himself, get fat, etc.... I'm actually appalled that someone would even say or infer it. sheesh.... "Momma says, pretty is as pretty does..."

No problem with the pics. Sorry I didn't know it was a joke since on emails and forums a person aren't face-to-face and can't view inflection.

Are you a *real* phD or a pretend one on here? Or was that a name you made up?

Just wondering............no biggie.

Skavau

I am also a little amazed; amazed that you neither know how to define secular nor democracy yet are calling others boneheads.

If a group of kids vote on who should be class president without bringing up religion or God, was the process then somehow undemocratic? You clearly have not thought this one through (your M.O., really).

Rant on

I was going to reply to MaryContrary's "I know the truth about secularism, but I'm not going to tell you (bonehead)" but this pretty much said it all.

Atheist PhD

BANNED
Banned
No problem with the pics. Sorry I didn't know it was a joke since on emails and forums a person aren't face-to-face and can't view inflection.

No, I'm a REAL PhD, honest.. earned at the University of South Carolina, May 1995. I've been in Higher Ed for the past 26 years, some teaching, mostly in administration. Currently on Leave of Absence because of my wife's health, looking to return to the classroom in January. My speciality is Marriage and Family.

Atheist PhD

BANNED
Banned
I think my husband is a hunk too but admittedly I am blind. :shocked:

The old saying that "Love is Blind" works for me. I think that there is really no reason why we shouldn't age gracefully, and I do have pretty lucky genetics, my own father and his father, both aged very gracefully.

And, I'm glad I cleared up that I was attempting humor. I really don't think I'm a hunk, though I am proud of taking care of myself well, and being healthy. Keeping thinking your man is a hunk, he'll appreciate it, and I hope he appreciates YOU as well.

Peace.

Atheist PhD

BANNED
Banned

Oh, and please don't take me too seriously, although I am very serious about life and my place therein, I'm usually of the mindset that life is WAY too short to always be so serious. Laughter is indeed the best medicine. When you've held your spouse's head from throwing up for five straight hours following chemo, you tend to put things in a different perspective, I think. Tis better to laugh than cry, find joy where one can, and respect life.

WizardofOz

I was going to reply to MaryContrary's "I know the truth about secularism, but I'm not going to tell you (bonehead)" but this pretty much said it all.

Well, Gary Contrary is ignoring me, so feel free to pick up the torch. Call her out on her confused doctrine and conflicted tenancies enough and she may ignore you as well.

She's kind of a coward like that. :mock:Christian reconstructionists

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well, Gary Contrary is ignoring me, so feel free to pick up the torch. Call her out on her confused doctrine and conflicted tenancies enough and she may ignore you as well.

She's kind of a coward like that. :mock:Christian reconstructionists
What, exactly, are we reconstructing?

Nydhogg

I can't decide if you really are as dense as you seem to be or if you just expect everyone else is too stupid to follow along. But just in case you are stupid I'll try to put it simply. By barring religion from the political process, you eject a large part of what motivates the majority of voters from that process. By refusing them the right to vote based on religious beliefs, you refuse them the right to vote as they believe. You limit the choices available to voters to only those you find acceptable, regardless of what the people themselves find acceptable. That is tyrannical.

I really don't know how to put it any simpler. If you still pretend not to get this I'm going to just accept that you're both blatantly dishonest and insulting the intelligence of every single person that reads this thread. However, if you prefer that I claim you're a blithering idiot instead, just say so. I would agree that'd be nicer and would be giving you the benefit of the doubt. I'm just going on the assumption that you'd rather be a liar than an idiot.

I personally believe you should be allowed to vote whatever mumbo jumbo. And then it should be thrown out in court because it violates, for starters, the Constitutional right to privacy.

And a bunch of other rights, such as those prohibiting cruel and unusual punishment.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I personally believe you should be allowed to vote whatever mumbo jumbo. And then it should be thrown out in court because it violates, for starters, the Constitutional right to privacy.
This assumes anyone's right to privacy is being violated. What if it isn't? It is possible to enforce such a law without cameras in people's bedrooms, after all. Just as many other laws manage to be enforced without violating such.
And a bunch of other rights, such as those prohibiting cruel and unusual punishment.
Quite possibly, yeah.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Then it gets thrown out under any semblance of Republican government.
I don't see how you figure that, unless you're judging what's a republican government based on it's response to this question.
Would you abolish Republican government and individual rights and liberties to apply the law of the Bible?

This is a harsh question.
Not harsh at all. No, I wouldn't. In point of fact, I believe individual rights and liberties are afforded us by God, as is the authority any government must appeal to in order to govern justly. So naturally I wouldn't seek to violate or deny those rights and liberties nor overthrow any government that even sincerely sought to govern justly.