Trolls and Attention Whores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

Arthur,
I have been treated unfairly and I've seen others treated unfairly.

I guess you arent' the hero type because you didn't try to stop unfairness did you?
So I think you should handle being treated unfairly (if you are are being treated so)
either the way you thought others should have handled it - or you can be like me - or you could try to be like Rusha?

rainee. As in my previous comment I think you need some sort of help. And that's not actually an insult but a genuine feeling on my part.

Regarding 'unfairness'. I started a thread about Serpentdove as she was (and still is) lying about people in her sig. I only did so after repeated attempts (along with those maligned) to encourage her to either back those lies up or retract them. It was half serious and half light hearted. When you lecture about 'unfairness' then where is your concern about the maligning of other posters with no foundation whatsoever?

If you think that they shouldn't have cared then why make a big deal about the thread regarding SD? After all, she wasn't all that bothered about it....

If I actually thought you were being treat unfairly I'd have no problem in fighting your corner. The truth is I don't think you are. You started this thread and instead of attempting to be reasonable you made it your mission to attack several posters in an increasingly aggressive manner. Several of which had already tried to reason with you and had even thought you were a decent sort when you first joined. I had no problem with you. I recall pos repping you several times in fact.

Lately though you've just lost the plot, part of the reason why I think you need some sort of help because this just isn't normal behaviour.

In truth your neg repping makes negligible difference. You can only take away a point and it amounts to neither being fair or unfair but pointless. Most negs are IMO. It's generally a sign of pettiness on behalf of the poster and I've had my share. Mostly off Nick M as it happens so you can probably guess how devastated I am about that...

You won't get any negs off me in return because I have my own *code* where I only hand out positive ones. That isn't to say I have any problems with others doling out negs as you're inviting them frankly.

Carry on as you will but you're doing yourself no favours. If you got things together and returned to the poster you formerly were you'd probably find that most of these 'meanies' would be prepared to give you a go. Your call.

:e4e:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
rainee is back for round 2 of neg reps. :plain:

Yep ... I got two in the short time she has been on. IMO, what we all should do (if she wants to keep this up) is work together and neg rep the troll into red.

bybee

Amen

Amen

rainee. As in my previous comment I think you need some sort of help. And that's not actually an insult but a genuine feeling on my part.

Regarding 'unfairness'. I started a thread about Serpentdove as she was (and still is) lying about people in her sig. I only did so after repeated attempts (along with those maligned) to encourage her to either back those lies up or retract them. It was half serious and half light hearted. When you lecture about 'unfairness' then where is your concern about the maligning of other posters with no foundation whatsoever?

If you think that they shouldn't have cared then why make a big deal about the thread regarding SD? After all, she wasn't all that bothered about it....

If I actually thought you were being treat unfairly I'd have no problem in fighting your corner. The truth is I don't think you are. You started this thread and instead of attempting to be reasonable you made it your mission to attack several posters in an increasingly aggressive manner. Several of which had already tried to reason with you and had even thought you were a decent sort when you first joined. I had no problem with you. I recall pos repping you several times in fact.

Lately though you've just lost the plot, part of the reason why I think you need some sort of help because this just isn't normal behaviour.

In truth your neg repping makes negligible difference. You can only take away a point and it amounts to neither being fair or unfair but pointless. Most negs are IMO. It's generally a sign of pettiness on behalf of the poster and I've had my share. Mostly off Nick M as it happens so you can probably guess how devastated I am about that...

You won't get any negs off me in return because I have my own *code* where I only hand out positive ones. That isn't to say I have any problems with others doling out negs as you're inviting them frankly.

Carry on as you will but you're doing yourself no favours. If you got things together and returned to the poster you formerly were you'd probably find that most of these 'meanies' would be prepared to give you a go. Your call.

:e4e:

Well said! And I agree.
Please come back Rainee as you were in the beginning!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey everyone, look at me!

Psssttt ... this thread isn't about you, Flipper. Now slowly back up and leave the thread or be prepared to suffer the wrath of Rainee. :shocked:

:chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rusha, you assert things consistently really boldly and yet
you can have like 90% wrong.

Since you are making a statement, feel free to list the posts in which I am wrong.

At first I thought to use that against you but you do it so consistently that now I'm afraid you wouldn't do it if you could help it.

Or you could just be making things up again as you go along .... :chuckle:

Do you remember getting on to me over on Chrys's thread about you? He asked others about why you act like you do toward him and then you fussed at me for posting my opinion and you said you did so because the thread was to you. You really did not know it was about you.

I didn't fuss at you ... I dismissed you as the troll you are. Chrys's thread was petty and immature. IF he truly felt that I hated him, he could have PM'd me.

BTW, even when I answered, he went ahead and told everyone why I supposedly hated him so it was pretty obvious the whole point of the thread was just for show.

Another time you asked why did I defend Serpentdove when Serpentdove was not stepping forward to defend me - but Serpent dove was actually again suspended at the time.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel all better. SD has not been in the red for the whole time you were defending her. She is not in the red now ... and yet, she is not posting in this thread.

And here on this thread you have dozens of examples where you are getting it wrong.

Nope

Tell me, Rusha, what is your story.
I know you have one.

Please.

*My story* is shared with those I trust and value as friends. Since you are not fit to wipe the mud from my shoes, I won't be confiding in you ever.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rusha
I think you post like a young man

Whatever ... better to post like a human being than a troll.

troll
2    /troʊl/ Show Spelled[trohl] Show IPA
–noun
(in Scandinavian folklore) any of a race of supernatural beings, sometimes conceived as giants and sometimes as dwarfs, inhabiting caves or subterranean dwellings.
Slang . a person who lives or sleeps in a park or under a viaduct or bridge, as a bag lady or derelict.
Origin:
1610–20; < ON troll demon

sorry to insult you like that

No harm, no foul. As always, I consider the source. :)

Arthur Brain

Arthur
This is my thread, I have not lost the plot, I made the plot here.
You are confused.

You are not a believer are you? Are you?

Well guess what? You should have some soul searching experiences here at this forum, understand?
And right now I don't mind having or giving quandaries.

You write a very reasonable post. Nice work.
Good work in fact. But much of it is just bs though in my opinion
in order to justify what you did and did not do regarding unfairness.

I don't care about Sds sig.
Sorry if it just floors you to know that.
I know some of you must live and sleep and dream based on those sig lines. Right?

As far as you not fighting in my corner.
I wouldn't have let you anyway.
But apparently you don't even know what my corner is, really.
So please stick with my advice to you.

AS far as you not repping me back I never did neg rep back either.
I only gave pos reps too and I also had a code.
I am not neg repping like the petty people do. I told you how I felt about you having to deal with me doing it.
And you can either see that I am acting on my thread after being called a troll too many times to count to people of my choice or not.
I have found out lots by neg repping btw.
Rusha neg reps like an epileptic.
However, Town Heretic neg reps like something else all together.
Talk about yikes . It is like neg repping the mafia king pin or something. Just tell him I got you and he will pos rep you to good rep health again.

Ok? ok.
Now quit whining to me.

rainee. Please get some help. I've tried to reason with you and this is what comes back in return. It's not pleasant to see and I gave a bit more effort as you used to be pleasant and The Barbarian gave you a thumbs up as well, and he is a poster here I respect. Something's happened and I don't know what it is but this thread is just a complete over reaction to stuff that didn't even involve yourself.

The fact that you don't care about SD's sig is complete double standards. Why did you care so much about the flak she received then? Nobody loses any sleep over it either way. I doubt Kmo and PB have had restless nights over it but they were well within their rights to call her on it.

Where it comes to soul searching I've had plenty of that during life away from forums and at times while actually on them.

Re: negs. I still have that *code* and I'm not going to break it. You decided to neg me and you can carry on as much as you like for all the point it is you're trying to make by doing so. It's no big deal to me at all and I think it's just another symptom of whatever is causing you to act this way. If you're on neg rampage then you simply can't complain about receiving like with like.

If you act like this then it's no surprise that plenty think you're a troll. As far as I'm concerned you're either in need of help or their assessment is correct. A shame considering your earlier incarnation if my instinct is misplaced.

Nick_A

Rather, I stand ready to defend against a charge you can only lay without foundation and support singularly with declaration.

It is, as is so much of what you write, the best evidence against you and the notion that you know what it is you're talking so much about.

Another bout of Bartlett's Syndrome then...it's like Tourette's only with less of a point.

He can't really hear you, you know. And as a literary device that one stopped being more than painful around the time the general public dropped "thee" from the menu selection. :plain:

You threw out a quote that without attempting to make a connective point, bowed to it, and then spouted the same nonsense you everywhere set out and nowhere distinguish. In short, you are a boiling cauldron of rock soup.

No, just actual, honest answers if you set out the whole and stop doing the blind men with a snake routine.

Good grief, you must have run out of talking points on this bit and automatically switched to your political screed. Someone hit the reset. I think it's located on his forehead.

Which are you missing--the mirror, the elephant, or both?

Else--crude, witless and clueless...so quintessential you then. :thumb: You do realize that it only underscores your failure to get the point set inside the joke you also failed to grasp, don't you...of course you don't. :chuckle:

I omit the secondary bout of BS...and I suspect you spend so much of your time quoting others because you have so very little to say for yourself. Though given what does proceed from your fingertips when you take a fumbling stab at the coherent I should perhaps be less censuring in tone and applaud the distractions.

Where I'd say you're living proof one need not have any appreciable education to still struggle with self aggrandizement in a way that would make Ahab blush and forget the whale.

Stop pluralizing yourself. It's annoying.

Abortion. Or do you call genocide "lots of grown people killing?" And I've been taking on that evil for decades.

That's literally a very stupid thing to say. And that's also how I feel about it. :plain:

You do realize that Twain was famous for his sarcasm, don't you...as were a large number of some of the most widely acclaimed authors in English literature. But just this once, to play along for pity's sake--

"Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded."
Fyodor Dostoevsky

Good heavens, the Bartlett's is spreading. Somebody call a librarian. :poly:

Even dead he has twice your wit. :plain:

Rather, I stand ready to defend against a charge you can only lay without foundation and support singularly with declaration.

It is, as is so much of what you write, the best evidence against you and the notion that you know what it is you're talking so much about.

You stand ready to defend?? This is the Back Alley and you think you are the Superstar. You believe you are the man of the hour, the tower of power. Hah! I could cut through your defense with laser like precision in a classic knock down drag out affair dog eat dog proposition with the blood flowing like water. Even knight couldn't take the slaughter. You think you are the Superstar but you don't have his gift of expression. Practice and learn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMKaU0Z6tI

Another bout of Bartlett's Syndrome then...it's like Tourette's only with less of a point.

It is that way for you. Being unable to appreciate Mark Twain's observation, you prefer to swear at it.

No, just actual, honest answers if you set out the whole and stop doing the blind men with a snake routine.

No. You are like a large carp that swallows the bait whole as long as it smells like the conclusion your New Age critical thinking seeks to support.

Good grief, you must have run out of talking points on this bit and automatically switched to your political screed. Someone hit the reset. I think it's located on his forehead.
No. the only one with a talking point on his forehead is Obama when he said. “I can't spend all of my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead,”

But now he has plastered a phony BC on his forehead. It still doesn't prove a thing. You can see a picture here:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VU11A61FM...irth+Certificate+Plastered+on+his+Forhead.jpg

Where I'd say you're living proof one need not have any appreciable education to still struggle with self aggrandizement in a way that would make Ahab blush and forget the whale.

Written by the person who doesn't have a clue as to why Socrates said "I know nothing."

Abortion. Or do you call genocide "lots of grown people killing?" And I've been taking on that evil for decades.

Yes. genocide is the indiscriminate killing of "lots of grown people" all belonging to the same race. It is similar to abortion in that baby killing and genocides are justified by the killed being considered worthless.

That's literally a very stupid thing to say. And that's also how I feel about it.

It is also why you are without realizing it, so gullible to the effects of New Age critical thinking.

You do realize that Twain was famous for his sarcasm, don't you...as were a large number of some of the most widely acclaimed authors in English literature. But just this once, to play along for pity's sake--

"Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded."
Fyodor Dostoevsky

You do not realize the difference between a sarcastic person and a person capable of sarcasm.

Good heavens, the Bartlett's is spreading. Somebody call a librarian.

It cannot spread. Political correctness would never allow it. Do not be afraid. You are secure in your self serving fantasies.

Even dead he has twice your wit.

The blabberings of a half wit.

Arthur Brain

N/A. You really don't know when to quit while three thousand miles behind. You know there's been times where I've accused TH of pomposity (apologies TH) and I don't agree with him on everything by any means, but if the terms 'pompous bore' and 'blabbering half wit' were ever applicable it's in regards to yourself.

You're a self aggrandizing yawnfest.

'New age critical thinking' anyone?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

MrRadish

You stand ready to defend?? This is the Back Alley and you think you are the Superstar. You believe you are the man of the hour, the tower of power. Hah! I could cut through your defense with laser like precision in a classic knock down drag out affair dog eat dog proposition with the blood flowing like water. Even knight couldn't take the slaughter. You think you are the Superstar but you don't have his gift of expression.

:rotfl:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

:crackup:

PlastikBuddha

:bowser:
I see the trollish attention slut is still at it. Slut, btw, not whore- nobody would pay Rainee for this nonsense...

Thunder's Muse

Dear Rainee,

Thank You for the neg rep. I was a little worried that I might be left out. For the first time in my life, I feel like one of the 'in crowd', so I do thank you for giving me a taste of what it's like to be popular :)

Now, several members have said that they wish you would go back to being who you were in the beginning of your time on TOL. Sadly, I cannot share their view.

Do you remember our first conversation, Rainee? From your very first reply, I saw who you were and didn't care for it. You see, Rainee, I have a kind of 6th sense about people. It's quite freaky, actually. I think it's a mixture of being highly intuitive, having a high IQ and skills learned for self preservation.

Something about you set of warning signals...I remember commenting as such to a close friend of mine. I openly admit that I was harsh with you and my lack of self control at the time caused me some regret. Still, my initial impression has proven to be correct.

I wish I was wrong. I really do. Each post you make, each accusation or insult you throw around and you're complete inability to see your own errors, just shows that I was right.

But, the great thing about TOL is that these things are easily forgotten. They become like water under a bridge. For this to happen, however, we all need to see our part in this...for we have all played a part in this little comedy of errors.

I'm willing to admit I haven't conducted myself the best way possible. What about you, Rainee? Are you willing to admit the part you have played in all this? Can we let it go and move on or are you going to make my initial impressions correct, once again?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I just gave some neg reps, if you got one
please try to take it like a grown up
Said the infantile author of this latest neg rep:
Just because you are a tool and used by God as one doesn't mean you understand sarcasm or why it is bad
So I'd decided to simply even things out, given you appeared to have thought better of the practice. Now I'm going to pull your teeth. It will take a while, but I'm patient. :D

If she isn't going to be restrained by management let me know when she hits you and I'll undo anything she does while patiently reducing her number to the point that all she'll be capable of is a comment you can ignore easily enough. I encourage anyone hit by her to make a point to chip in on reducing its effect.
and ask yourself these things:
Are you on my thread?
It's Knight's thread, you only started it.
Have you insulted me or called me names or made me excessively tired??
Nothing that wasn't warranted by your behavior.
I think you agree I can't encourage bad behavior.
I think you embody it.
But let's be honest,
I'm not convinced you're capable at this point.
So I'm going to think about this,
There's a first time for everything. :plain:
Oh I gave Arthur Brain a neg rep because his avatar...
Makes as much sense as anything else you've had to say since you spiraled into the earth, apparently head first.
So what am I?
Oh no you don't. I'm not getting banned this late in the game. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You stand ready to defend??
He then went on to do absolutely nothing to sustain his point, though he did it colorfully enough, which is something...I suppose.
It is that way for you. Being unable to appreciate Mark Twain's observation, you prefer to swear at it.
I love Twain. He'd be bleeding from the ears if he were alive to read your use. And I thought it was funny that you decry the thing he's most noted for while claiming to appreciate him. Again, typically under thought and about a sixteenth of an inch thick. Lastly, I didn't swear. The joke was as advertised. The connection you noted was just so much gravy and is apparently not considered profanity here even when directly set out as nothing else, sans wit...which is how you applied it prior. Doofus.
Written by the person who doesn't have a clue as to why Socrates said "I know nothing."
You're like a fellow who thinks that if he buys a 1st place trophy he's won something. :plain:
Yes. genocide is the indiscriminate killing of "lots of grown people"
:rolleyes: Thanks. You make so many of my prior points with that I'm just going to let it stand on its own. :chuckle:
You do not realize the difference between a sarcastic person and a person capable of sarcasm.
You don't know the difference between making a point and making a noise.
The blabberings of a half wit.
Which, were it true would still leave me at twice your capacity. :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay AB, I hit her three times...could have been five, but then it's never really been my MO and, to be honest, it felt too much like something she'd do.

So I'm just going to respond when hit and otherwise undo and then some any damage she tries to dish out. Thought you'd appreciate that...you pain in the neck you. :D

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You stand ready to defend?? This is the Back Alley and you think you are the Superstar. You believe you are the man of the hour, the tower of power. Hah! I could cut through your defense with laser like precision in a classic knock down drag out affair dog eat dog proposition with the blood flowing like water. Even knight couldn't take the slaughter. You think you are the Superstar but you don't have his gift of expression...

...The blabberings of a half wit.
Well someone finally blew a gasket, no?

What would Simone say? Sigh. :squint:

AMR

Arthur Brain

Okay AB, I hit her three times...could have been five, but then it's never really been my MO and, to be honest, it felt too much like something she'd do.

So I'm just going to respond when hit and otherwise undo and then some any damage she tries to dish out. Thought you'd appreciate that...you pain in the neck you. :D

Neg rep by rainee: -1

Pos rep by TH: +89 or something.

I think you marginally undo the 'damage' old chap. :D

And as before. I've no qualms with anyone else negging and fully appreciate why. This is just one of my 'quirks' as it were. If it weren't you'd be receiving the very same for calling me a pain in the neck :plain:

Although at least it wasn't someone's nipple....

:plain:

Nick_A

Well someone finally blew a gasket, no?

What would Simone say? Sigh. :squint:

AMR

This is the Back Alley. I've learned that this is the section for knock down drag outs with no holds barred and to the victor belongs the spoils. TH assumes himself a Superstar; armed with New Age critical thought he believes expresses his "reflection of perfection."

I've learned now that Simone is not appropriate here. Superstar
Billy Graham is. He sets the proper tone for the encounters that are suitable for the Back Alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.