toldailytopic: The unequally yoked. Are you married to somebody who has a different r

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

I became a Christian in a Pentecostal church and my wife became a Christian in a Baptist church. Yet, today she leans far more Pentecostal than I do. Go figure. But we make it work. :)

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Not married, well not yet. I do have the greatest girlfriend ever.

Same religious, political, philosophical views. Enjoy the same music. Both of us are gaming addicts. About the only thing we really don't agree on is food, I'm a vegetarian and she's not. But I'm ok with that. Not looking to change her in any way.

Now that I think of it, Warhammer 40k is something we don't agree on. She plays Blood Angels and Crimson Fists, I play Chaos Noise Marines and Orks.

The Graphite

Equally yolked in every way that matters, both in Christ, conservative evangelical values (far right).

I was raised S. Baptist but was never saved back then, went into paganism, got saved in a non-denom church 12 years ago, baby Christian for several years, then grew up into a Mid-Acts/Open Dispensationalist and theonomist.

She was raised almost totally secular (partially they were nominally "Christian" but very nominally). She got saved as an adult, became charismatic, worked for Kenneth Hagin and was very favorable to the Copelands and especially Joyce Meyer. She never liked Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar, Tilton and many others who she always recognized as charlatans.

Today, she is somewhere between that and dispensational and open theist. She has never been strong on getting deep into theology - that is not her spiritual strong suit. She appreciates a lot of Bob Hill/Bob Enyart brand of theology (and the latter's theonomy), sees a lot of support for it, but also clings to a little of the old, charismatic as well (including continuing to believe there is some degree of supernatural healing today, for example). She doesn't like to talk about it. But, very strongly pro-life (no exceptions, although saying that is redundant), and strong right-wing conservative in every area.

mighty_duck

Do you enjoy the fact that you are holding her back from all she could be?
Absolutely!
Without any sarcasm even.

Like I said, it's a balancing act. I make sure she uses reason when she has to, and she makes sure I don't always use it when I don't have to. And we are both better off because of it, and (sometimes begrudgingly) appreciate each other's counter balance.

Tathagata

My girlfriend is an Agnostic, I'm a Strong Atheist and Buddhist.

I have expressed my opposition to Agnosticism to her, but the disagreement is really a non-issue.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Absolutely! Without any sarcasm even. Like I said, it's a balancing act. I make sure she uses reason when she has to, and she makes sure I don't always use it when I don't have to. And we are both better off because of it, and (sometimes begrudgingly) appreciate each other's counter balance.

How depressing. :(

Four O'Clock

My wife remains Catholic yet attends mass and 'protestant' services with equal Christian zeal and committment . I am a non-Catholic yet respect the timeless and historic traditions of much of the Catholic and Eastern Orthodoxy practices. I'm all set for another retreat next week at the Abbey of Gethsemini and, once more, can't wait to check into my small, modest, room (or cell) deep within the monk's wing overlooking the inner courtyard and bell tower. Always leave (somewhat sadly) with a re-charged committment to my Lord and Savior.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My wife and I are equally yoked, we always have been. Even though when we were married we were both unbelievers and now we are Christians.

Our yolks are so equal... we are like an omelet.

It's awesome having a wife that is such a good mom, beautiful and energetic, yet also a staunch conservative Christian with old fashioned values.

Mrs. Knight is such a sweet and generous person. It's always a joy to visit with her. She's very devoted to her family and their appreciation for this is evident. I have no doubt that they would proudly give her a Proverbs 31:28 portrayal.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
My wife remains Catholic yet attends mass and 'protestant' services with equal Christian zeal and committment . I am a non-Catholic yet respect the timeless and historic traditions of much of the Catholic and Eastern Orthodoxy practices. I'm all set for another retreat next week at the Abbey of Gethsemini and, once more, can't wait to check into my small, modest, room (or cell) deep within the monk's wing overlooking the inner courtyard and bell tower. Always leave (somewhat sadly) with a re-charged committment to my Lord and Savior.
There's a reason you have to recharge.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Genesis 2:18.
And then there was Eve. And the fall of man. And an OT wise guy that was inspired to tell us a cardboard box is better than a nice house with a certain kind of wife. And a NT guy that was inspired to say it's just as good to stay single, with the added benefit of more time for God. Jump to today, when there are so few guys that actually appear to be happily married. I'm just going to avoid all that for now. Not just for my sake, but for her sake as well. Too many women have already expressed pity for any woman I marry. They weren't really joking either. :eek:

Granite

Hall of Fame
And then there was Eve. And the fall of man. And an OT wise guy that was inspired to tell us a cardboard box is better than a nice house with a certain kind of wife. And a NT guy that was inspired to say it's just as good to stay single, with the added benefit of more time for God. Jump to today, when there are so few guys that actually appear to be happily married. I'm just going to avoid all that for now. Not just for my sake, but for her sake as well. Too many women have already expressed pity for any woman I marry. They weren't really joking either. :eek:

Uh, yeah, charming, from the sounds of it you and Jefferson'll both be bachelors for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.