toldailytopic: What do you think of Mitt Romney?

firon

Anne Coulter must be very short on brains. Ron Paul has faithfully refused to vote in favoe of any law which was unconstitutional. Now look at all the idiots who demand a return to a constitutional form of giovernment. but are opposed to Ron Paul. There is no end to spaghetti brained idiota in this country.
When Sept. 11, 2001 came around Ron Paul and I knew the USA should bring all troops home and guard our borders. Do you know what my lunkhead sister said, "Oh! we don't have A PROBLEM WITH OUR BORDERS. I guess most of you are a dumb as she is.

eameece

Name any President with an approval rating under 40% that has gotten reelected. Name one that has been reelected since FDR with an unemployment over nine percent.

BTW, people like me are the majority. Conservative outnumber liberals 2-1 and 60% of the nation is conservative or somewhat conservative.

It doesn't sound like know much about politics.

It doesn't sound like YOU know much about politics, no. The nation is somewhat conservative, but supported somewhat liberal policies until Reagan charmed and lulled the nation into trickle-down economics and free market ideology-- which is false. Extreme right-wing Tea Party policies are not supported by a majority of the people, but those are the policies YOU support.

Obama is still leading any Republican challenger which a pollster can name. He leads all except Romney by double digits. His approval rating has gone back up to 47%. You can't predict elections based on fluctuating poll numbers, or even unemployment numbers, 16 months before an election.

elohiym

Ron Paul has faithfully refused to vote in favoe of any law which was unconstitutional. Now look at all the idiots who demand a return to a constitutional form of giovernment. but are opposed to Ron Paul.

A "constitutional form of government" isn't going to help the U.S. until it has a Constitution that doesn't allow the government to borrow money or link our money to precious metals.

Political theater is a kin to watching hundreds of chickens running around with their heads chopped off.

olsparky

It doesn't sound like YOU know much about politics, no. The nation is somewhat conservative, but supported somewhat liberal policies until Reagan charmed and lulled the nation into trickle-down economics and free market ideology-- which is false. Extreme right-wing Tea Party policies are not supported by a majority of the people, but those are the policies YOU support.

Obama is still leading any Republican challenger which a pollster can name. He leads all except Romney by double digits. His approval rating has gone back up to 47%. You can't predict elections based on fluctuating poll numbers, or even unemployment numbers, 16 months before an election.

No, Reagan's ideas ARE mainstream and the what the majority believes.

Obama, according to every poll out there is far to the left and every poll shows the generic Republican beating him and that a majority don't want him reelected.

Further, you don't seem to realize that lack name recognition is the ONLY reason many Republicans, especially Rick Perry, is the reason they trail Obama. Perry has only 60% name recognition. Most undecideds will be breaking his way way when they see his economic record in Texas compared to the dismal record of Obama.

Unless the economy dramatically improves, Obama is road kill.

It's going to be great seeing reality smack you in the head the day he gets beat in a landslide.

eameece

No, Reagan's ideas ARE mainstream and the what the majority believes.
Who says?
Obama, according to every poll out there is far to the left and every poll shows the generic Republican beating him and that a majority don't want him reelected.
What polls? The generic Republican, last I checked Real Clear Politics, is only ahead by 0.5%, but the problem is that Generic isn't running; Romney is running. YOu don't have a candidate who can beat Obama, so you are out of luck! You'll have to learn to live with the centrist Obama for another 5 years-plus now.
Further, you don't seem to realize that lack (of) name recognition is the ONLY reason many Republicans, especially Rick Perry, is the reason they trail Obama. Perry has only 60% name recognition. Most undecideds will be breaking his way way when they see his economic record in Texas compared to the dismal record of Obama.
Unless they see the true record of Perry, which has been posted here on TOL recently (Perry for president thread). I don't think America aspires to be like the worst state in the union. Seeing what Bush and Perry have created, I don't even want to visit there. It would endanger my health and safety even to be there for 5 minutes.
Unless the economy dramatically improves, Obama is road kill.

It's going to be great seeing reality smack you in the head the day he gets beat in a landslide.
I just hope that Obama's landslide re-election sweeps out the idiot TEA drinkers. Maybe then we'll find out what else was in their TEA. Nothing good I'm sure; idiot drops of some kind.

bybee

He is that mythical "centrist" the Dimms slobber over.

He strikes me as a Republican clone of Barak Obama. They are both very facile, very clever, attractive and charming. But, I guess, in the end, Americans like these little "Tempests in a teacup". These little men full of whimpers and peeves.
These polished orators who very cleverly insinuate blame into every nook and cranny existing outside themselves.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
He strikes me as a Republican clone of Barak Obama. They are both very facile, very clever, attractive and charming.
Based on those criteria, ok.
But, I guess, in the end, Americans like these little "Tempests in a teacup". These little men full of whimpers and peeves.
These polished orators who very cleverly insinuate blame into every nook and cranny existing outside themselves.
Well, people keep voting for them.