toldailytopic: If you had it to do all over again, what one thing would you do differ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic:
If you had it to do all over again, what one thing would you do differently?

One thing? That is a lot of years to look over, and many things to consider.

:think:

When I was in the Navy, I was asked if I would like to transfer to the CB's, the Construction Battalion, I declined and remained in the commissary division.

No, this is it . . .

I, we, Mrs Psalmist and me should have stayed in Denver.

nicholsmom

I would have made a commitment to sexual purity before I went into middle school. Of course to have done that, it would have had to occur to me, and for it to have occurred to me, someone would have had to suggest it. That's all it would have taken - an explanation of what sexual purity means, why it's important, and that I was allowed to make that choice. Alas, Sunday School and youth group were all about what NOT to do, rather than what choices to make - what TO do :sigh:

Thunder's Muse

Hhhmm.

Well, apart from smoking cigarettes, I probably wouldn't change anything...even the bad stuff. I wouldn't have learned the lessons I have nor would I be the awesome person I am, had my life not unfolded the way it did.

I wouldn't know how strong I am or how resiliant I can be. I wouldn't have as much compassion and understanding. I wouldn't know the thrill of overcoming nor the peace that can reside, after the turmoil.

All in all, I have been very blessed :)

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Ha! I can't even answer this question to a satisfactory degree without a page full of exposition. But my wholly unsatisfactory answer is...nothing. I like where I am and that's how I got here. Can't change any of that without changing this.

No thanks! ;)

allsmiles

I'd have lowered my expectations...just tremendously lowered them to the point where waking up felt like a victory.

It does make waking up feel like winning a battle but it's the kind of battle where you lose your innocence... And your legs.

Then life would be a breeze...

A walk in the park...

Tee Ball...:plain:

There are breezes from time to time, but there are no walks in the park :nono: because you have no legs.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic:

Like the above, somebody asked me, "If you go back and to it all over, would you?"
I answered, "No."​
Somebody's response was, "But you would not make the same mistakes."
I answered, "True, I wouldn't, just make new ones."​

Last edited:

Pink Fuzzy Bunny

toldailytopic:

Like the above, somebody asked me, "If you go back and to it all over, would you?"
I answered, "No."​
Somebody's response was, "But you would make the same mistakes."
I answered, "True, I wouldn't, just make new ones."​

So true. If you're like me, you'll always find a way to make a mistake, no matter how straight-forward something is :bang:

Lovejoy

So true. If you're like me, you'll always find a way to make a mistake, no matter how straight-forward something is :bang:

If I had it all to do over again, I would have spent alot more time mocking Pink Fuzzy Bunny for making all those mistakes. And, then, probably apologzing, cause I am a bit of wimp.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
If you're breathing, there's still time for redemption in Jesus Christ. God's forgiveness and grace is big enough for you. Even for Granite and allsmiles!, two of the many people I would be less of a jerk to if I had to do it all over again.

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
I'd have invested in several PIOs well before the collapse... and then sell!:guitar::cheers:

allsmiles

If you're breathing, there's still time for redemption in Jesus Christ. God's forgiveness and grace is big enough for you. Even for Granite and allsmiles!, two of the many people I would be less of a jerk to if I had to do it all over again.

Seeing as how you can't do it all over again, feel free to be as big a jerk as you'd like :)

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 28th, 2010 09:48 AM

toldailytopic: If you had it to do all over again, what one thing would you do differently?

Not much that I can think of. Never been real big on life-tweaking questions. I've done my share of sins and made my share of mistakes, but I learned from every one of them. Had I done differently, I would have become an amorphous lump of blubbering ectoplasm endowed with the smug narcissism of the self-righteous self-satisfied. In other words, I'd have become a liberal. :chuckle:

What's that again?
Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from poor judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.