The ROAST of ASeattleConservative

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
What if...

There are unlimited "what if's".

What a difference a few words make, eh? I won't speak for everyone, but I'm not angry with the doofus--though there's a difference between being angry with someone for cause and being angry because you're acting like a hostile, bitter human being. I've seen people treating her the way you do an unruly and ill mannered child and it seems entirely warranted.

Noted!

In this world you tend to get the treatment you ask for...

Agreed...now, who will make the first offer and or how do we make the transition from combative to respectful discourse?

Change has to start some where?

unless you're a minority member, in which case that might only apply to masochists. Con(ie) hasn't earned a better handling. And I have a friend who spent twenty years as an MP, finishing his tour at the Palms and now works in law enforcement as a civilian and he hasn't turned into anything like our resident gun tapper.

You are correct, Seattle hasn't earned other than she is receiving!

As for your Marine friend, he may be one of those that I said were stronger...there are many.

Doesn't really work out when one half of the conversation is mostly crude, insulting rhetoric. :e4e:

And it is tempting to retaliate in kind, so, will we or can we make the transition...you never know, with an effort, Seattle's better qualities may surface, then again this may be a game to her, in order to?

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I wonder if ASC gets jealous of queens and trannies that are prettier than she is.

Would explain the hatred.

There are many reasons a person will act in this manner, she may have reasons of her own that are personal and possibly the result of trauma or she may just be an ***?

One thing is for sure, until the over all attitude changes nothing will be accomplished other than nasty remarks traded across the thread.

I have joined in on the attack and the fun of the kill, but it has accomplished nothing.

I am willing to make an effort, any one else?

If, when, Seattle returns, she does not respond with like effort, so be it!

elohiym

What is the point of these discussions if not an attempt at change?

The point of this thread was to allow frustrated TOL natives to vent their frustration and give them the opportunity to assist in some peer-pressure moderation, and hopefully, through the catharsis, haze ASeattleConservative into the community.

Now that ASeattleConservative has been moderated by the administration of TOL, this thread no longer serves a purpose.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
The point of this thread was to allow frustrated TOL natives to vent their frustration and give them the opportunity to assist in some peer-pressure moderation, and hopefully, through the catharsis, haze ASeattleConservative into the community.

Now that ASeattleConservative has been moderated by the administration of TOL, this thread no longer serves a purpose.

I am well aware of the purpose of this thread and it has had success for its design.

Negative peer-pressure or hazing seldom has a positive outcome as demonstrated.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There are unlimited "what if's".
You'd think that, but then you go down to the "what if" store and they're all out--though they'll work you into an upgrade on if/then for a modest additional fee. :mmph:
Agreed...now, who will make the first offer and or how do we make the transition from combative to respectful discourse?
Unless someone begins with that sort of conduct I always approach civilly. Even when I don't I tend to begin with the old humor stick, giving the offender a chance to alter the perception of them as a thick headed rinoserious (a mythical beast with an enormous nose it used to butt into the business of any creature it met and always in a preposterous fashion---not to be confused with the hypocritiopimous).
Change has to start some where?
I vote it begins with Con(ie's) attitude.

Show of hands? :wave2:
You are correct, Seattle hasn't earned other than she is receiving!
You know that's right. (I don't think Psych has the TM yet)
As for your Marine friend, he may be one of those that I said were stronger...there are many.
Great guy.
And it is tempting to retaliate in kind, so, will we or can we make the transition...you never know, with an effort, Seattle's better qualities may surface, then again this may be a game to her, in order to?
:think: But what if those were her better qualities? :shocked:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
You don't see this as a positive outcome? :think:

Not really!

I do see it as some what of a failure depending on the specific goal of the thread ( as mentioned, catharsis through hazing/peer-pressure), but then, not every one comes around.

Then all she needs is the right place to do it in...say, nearly anywhere else. :thumb:

I'm sure there are many places we could go, and there are many that will direct us to their personal choice of location, as has been demonstrated to each of us from time to time. :thumb:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
You'd think that, but then you go down to the "what if" store and they're all out--though they'll work you into an upgrade on if/then for a modest additional fee. :mmph:

Unless someone begins with that sort of conduct I always approach civilly. Even when I don't I tend to begin with the old humor stick, giving the offender a chance to alter the perception of them as a thick headed rinoserious (a mythical beast with an enormous nose it used to butt into the business of any creature it met and always in a preposterous fashion---not to be confused with the hypocritiopimous).

I vote it begins with Con(ie's) attitude.

Show of hands? :wave2:

You know that's right. (I don't think Psych has the TM yet)

Great guy.

:think: But what if those were her better qualities? :shocked:

"IF" those are her better qualities? A real shame, but I think there are other qualities (better) below the surface.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am willing to make an effort, any one else?

If, when, Seattle returns, she does not respond with like effort, so be it!

Of course ... as long as the nasty insults, lies and accusations cease, I have no problem with this woman.

elohiym

Negative peer-pressure or hazing seldom has a positive outcome as demonstrated.

That's arguable, but I'm not into debating the point.

In the temporary absence of moderation for repeated vulgarity, disruptive behavior, and false accusations against a diverse group of TOL members, and for driving other TOL members away from the forum, something had to be done, in my opinion. This was the most civilized and creative approach I could imagine at the time.

Newman

Hahahaha! aSeattleConserv's slogan/motto is "Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.” - I Corinthians 16:13

That's.... funny. :crackup: Because many of us thought she was a man. Heh.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Uh, Seattle told me she's a woman.

But this just confirms my, ah, "theory" about what's really bugging her.:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.