How long does it take for a mod to approve a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJack09

I am new here of course. I created a thread asking a question about Christian theology (I am a Christian struggling w/ a question I was asked by a non-believer so I am seeking help from fellow Christians).

I posted that thread last night. When I posted, it said that it was in the moderation queue waiting to be approved.

So a couple questions...

1) How long does it take for mods to review threads? There was nothing vulgar or obscene in the thread (it was about OT Law and it's application to Christians, and what it meant for the Christian standard of morality).

2) Was it in the mod queue only because I'm new? If so, how many posts must be created before threads/posts are no longer moderated? If not, are all threads (and/or posts) in the Religion forum put into a queue?

3) I can't use some features in my control panel (like view/search for the posts/threads I've created). It says that I don't have permissions to do so. When will I be able to do so?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am new here of course. I created a thread asking a question about Christian theology (I am a Christian struggling w/ a question I was asked by a non-believer so I am seeking help from fellow Christians).

I posted that thread last night. When I posted, it said that it was in the moderation queue waiting to be approved.

So a couple questions...

1) How long does it take for mods to review threads? There was nothing vulgar or obscene in the thread (it was about OT Law and it's application to Christians, and what it meant for the Christian standard of morality).

2) Was it in the mod queue only because I'm new? If so, how many posts must be created before threads/posts are no longer moderated? If not, are all threads (and/or posts) in the Religion forum put into a queue?

3) I can't use some features in my control panel (like view/search for the posts/threads I've created). It says that I don't have permissions to do so. When will I be able to do so?

Hi Jack...I know your privileges expand at two weeks plus fifty posts. I assume that would be the threshold for unmoderated posting of threads.

Welcome aboard. You should publish an introductory thread. Those, I believe, aren't part of any restricted posting. You could even set out your question there if time is of the essence.

:e4e:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2 weeks + 50 or more posts.

We battle a massive amount of :spam: and nefarious attackers here at TOL. Sadly that makes us severely limit what new members can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.