Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

BabyChristian

We may differ on the drinking issue. My point is when homosexuals admit they are such, it does not signify abstinence, quite the opposite.

People are given to sin and if if they repent and try to change. Sin means turning 180 around though they're not always successful and they fail as I have also failed many times and sometimes still drink. Sometimes they fail at trying. I believe God forgives if they fail to, he is a forgiving God.

Last edited:

Cexistur

I think they are people, regardless of sexual orientation, or activity, or whatever else you may want to call it. I still believe it should be a capital crime to have sex with one of the same gender.

Do you have anything to support your bigoted claims against those who believe it should be a capital crime to have sex with one of the same gender?

Do you have anything to support your ignorant, bigoted claims against homosexuals? The Bible?
And yes, I do. Even the Bible doesn't call any of you to stone homosexuals to death. What makes heterosexual people any less sinful? Because they can have children? Because of the ancient book written in partial by people who weren't even alive at the supposed time of Christ? Because if so, let's also kill 16 year old mothers! They weren't married *gasp*, and they were stoned in The Bible!

Silent Hunter

Do you have anything to support your ignorant, bigoted claims against homosexuals? The Bible?
And yes, I do. Even the Bible doesn't call any of you to stone homosexuals to death. What makes heterosexual people any less sinful? Because they can have children? Because of the ancient book written in partial by people who weren't even alive at the supposed time of Christ? Because if so, let's also kill 16 year old mothers! They weren't married *gasp*, and they were stoned in The Bible!
Whoa! Read the "book" first. You have a few of your "facts" wrong.

Cexistur

Whoa! Read the "book" first. You have a few of your "facts" wrong.

I have. And all of which I mentioned are encompassed in the bible.
This is the problem with religious doctrines- they're all interpreted differently according to opinion, spawning arguments from many different parties. It's almost discouraging at times...

PlastikBuddha

This is the problem with religious doctrines- they're all interpreted differently according to opinion, spawning arguments from many different parties. It's almost discouraging at times...
That's the problem with people.
:mrt::duh:
If you don't believe me ask yourself why you are here spawing arguments with many different parties.
;)
And yes, it can be discouraging but it is also what makes people interesting. Would you really like to live in a world where everyone was the same?

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
People are given to sin and if if they repent and try to change. Sin means turning 180 around though they're not always successful and they fail as I have also failed many times and sometimes still drink. Sometimes they fail at trying. I believe God forgives if they fail to, he is a forgiving God.

Excellent point. The problem with the homosexual movement is this:

They don't acknowledge their chosen behavior as a sin; and they're proud of it ("We're here, we're queer, and we're in your face!").

How many other sins can you name where those that partake in it are so aggressive about legitimizing it, and in fact have a drawn out agenda?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Excellent point. The problem with the homosexual movement is this:

They don't acknowledge their chosen behavior as a sin; and they're proud of it ("We're here, we're queer, and we're in your face!").

How many other sins can you name where those that partake in it are so aggressive about legitimizing it, and in fact have a drawn out agenda?

Drawn out agenda? I seem to be out of the loop.

I'd like to see this agenda, I want to make sure I'm doing my part.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It is only ignorant if I have nothing with which to support it. I know plenty of homosexuals. I have not said anything that is untrue.

And yes, I do. Even the Bible doesn't call any of you to stone homosexuals to death.
If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
-Leviticus 20:13

What makes heterosexual people any less sinful? Because they can have children? Because of the ancient book written in partial by people who weren't even alive at the supposed time of Christ? Because if so, let's also kill 16 year old mothers! They weren't married *gasp*, and they were stoned in The Bible!

1. Who said this has anything to do with sin?
  2. Where is it stated that unwed mothers were stoned?

Silent Hunter

While "stoning" isn't specifically mentioned as the means of executing homosexuals death for them is (Leviticus 20:13). I do agree with you that Christians can't agree on much of anything . . . least of which is if homosexuals should be executed . . .

Hold Fast

Yea that'd be great...then maybe we could all go kill the muslims in an armed pilgrimage to Jerusalem...then perhaps top it off with a little cleansing the demon possesed women in our midsts by burning whitches at the stake.

Heck...when you disregard teachings of Jesus, all sorts of doors open up.

Nydhogg

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
-Leviticus 20:13

Leviticus. Part of a covenant directly with the Israelites.
First, Leviticus does not apply to Christians. That commandment has been replaced by "from these turn away".

Second, Leviticus has not ever applied to ANYONE who is not an Israelite. Which is kinda, sorta obvious. It's not part of the Noachide covenant, and it's not even part of the covenant of Abraham (which does not apply to gentiles although it might apply to Christians)

Applying Levitical law to non-believers would be simply and plainly unscriptural (aside from theocracy being generally morally wrong and overall sucking as a system of governance.)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yea that'd be great...then maybe we could all go kill the muslims in an armed pilgrimage to Jerusalem...then perhaps top it off with a little cleansing the demon possesed women in our midsts by burning whitches at the stake.

Heck...when you disregard teachings of Jesus, all sorts of doors open up.
Which teachings of Jesus?

Leviticus. Part of a covenant directly with the Israelites.
First, Leviticus does not apply to Christians. That commandment has been replaced by "from these turn away".

Second, Leviticus has not ever applied to ANYONE who is not an Israelite. Which is kinda, sorta obvious. It's not part of the Noachide covenant, and it's not even part of the covenant of Abraham (which does not apply to gentiles although it might apply to Christians)

Applying Levitical law to non-believers would be simply and plainly unscriptural (aside from theocracy being generally morally wrong and overall sucking as a system of governance.)
You're an idiot.

The commands not to murder, rape, steal, or kidnap are also in there. And I know you're not going to argue against those being illegal. So to argue simply that this is part of a covenant that was for Israel is a complete failure. If you want to make that argument you're going to have to show how adultery is different from the things within that covenant with which you don't disagree.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Haha, well how about this, you provide some scripture that is contrary to what I implied.

Must I mention we refer to him as, the "Prince of Peace"
[Jesus]“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.”[/Jesus]
-Matthew 10:34

Nydhogg

Which teachings of Jesus?

You're an idiot.

The commands not to murder, rape, steal, or kidnap are also in there. And I know you're not going to argue against those being illegal. So to argue simply that this is part of a covenant that was for Israel is a complete failure. If you want to make that argument you're going to have to show how adultery is different from the things within that covenant with which you don't disagree.

Murder is already forbidden by the Covenant of Noah. On which, by the way, men are allowed and encouraged to have their own laws for stuff. Genesis 9.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Murder and rape et al. are already forbidden by the Covenant of Noah. On which, by the way, men are allowed and encouraged to have their own laws for stuff. Genesis 9.
Really? Where?

And do you then think it is perfectly okay for those who are not Christians to commit adultery?