Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicer than God!

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Article Clete! I agree taht at times harshness is needed there is a line that should not be crossed. Softness robs people of the true meaning of Chrisitanity. It dilutes the truth.

But.... From most of the people I have talked to they would rather listen to some one who is respectful and at times harsh then down right rude.
    The mind cannot focus on the reverse of an idea.

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,291 Times in 1,525 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by beanieboy

And I would be happy to go over it piece by piece and point out the flaws of logic.

He's good, Enyart.
    "Even the devil quotes scriptures for his purpose."
    For Enyart, it is a call to mistreat anyone who he deems unworthy.

It's the antithesis of christianity. It's much more along the lines of Pharisee thinking.

I still can't figure out how loving someone as much as you love another translates into yelling at them, wishing them to be executed, saying they make you sick, and turning on your heels.

I have yet to understand how, despite the numerous posts from different posters, saying that if you are forgiven, how treating others in condemnation for being sinners is in contradiction with the words of Christ.

We all keep asking you questions, and you have no answers.
    You have not asked a single question that I have not answer numerous times!

You keep asking the same questions I keep giving the same answers and will continue do so.

Yelling at someone can very easily be the most loving thing that can be done if the situation is appropriate.

And it is interesting that you condemn Bob and I for being condemning. And you think I am contradicting Christ?

Jesus said to let not you love be hypocrisy, HATE what is evil!

You could say to God, "I love you."
    He might ask in response, "Oh is that right? Well, what do you think of the devil?"
    If you responded, "Lord, I do my best to love everyone!"
    then I can guarantee you that God would say "In that case, I don't want anything to do with your love, hypocrite!"

Resting in Him,
    Clete
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by beanieboy

The thing that always sticks with me it the strange insinuation that if only I become heterosexual, I will make it into heaven.
    Are you a HOMO?
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by lost anomaly

Great Article Clete! I agree that at times harshness is needed there is a line that should not be crossed. Softness robs people of the true meaning of Christianity. It dilutes the truth.
    Finally! Someone who gets it!

But.... From most of the people I have talked to they would rather listen to some one who is respectful and at times harsh then down right rude.
    It all depends. When the situation calls for it then respect is appropriate. At other times, like dealing with people who are engaged in or defending what God calls capital crimes then respect is the last thing one should show both for their sake and for yours and everyone else around.

Resting in Him,
    Clete

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it on good authority that BeanieBoy is member of the homo sapien sapiens species. Shocking, but true.
    Bush in 2004!

Elect the president that even stupid people can understand.

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Chileice
    You are doing Christianity a GREAT disservice by spouting off inane stuff like we ought to be out flogging and killing people. Jesus died for those very people and HE said: "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." I pray that you will experience forgiveness as well and that you will be able to love in the way we are exhorted to love in Col. 3.
    You are a liar!
    You could not possibly have read the article and said anything like this statement right here. No one has even suggested that we should be out flogging and killing people! In fact I have said the reverse three times now myself!
    If I am wrong and you have read it then I consider your having made this statement an intentional lie.
    I recommend reading it again. And this time try taking your own advice and don't read into it, just read it.

Resting in Him,
    Clete

Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Duder

I have it on good authority that BeanieBoy is member of the homo sapien sapiens species. Shocking, but true.
    Not only that, but he has sex with other men.

And for some reason, he's afraid to admit that the God of the Bible, in whom he doesn't even believe, plainly calls such behavior as grievously sinful.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Nietzschean

The problem with gay bashing or any sort of extermination of sin is that it defeats its own purpose. If you're honestly offended by the very presence of the person or the way of life in question, then good for you. If you can remain civil and try to convince people about it (as in only using words), then great! But most people, when they see something they don't like, are not rational. I'm referring to America not too long ago, and even now in some places, where homosexuals are actively beaten and killed. That's not exactly giving them a chance to repent, is it? I would liken this much to the Inquisition. All you'll get from screaming and beating on people is for them to claim your thoughts as their own just to get you off of their backs.
    I got to agree Nietzschean on this. The most loving thing you can do is show them the way.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clete,

You have to get a grip on reality son.

You advocate that the law should punish those who transgress YOUR interpretation of religious laws.

Islamic State anyone !

Has it ever dawned on you that people like me KNOW your stupid God does not exist.. if you try and force me to live by your ridiculous religious laws you better bring a big gun !

I don’t give a rats about what fags do to other consenting fags.. but I DO care about nuts like you who want ME to live in a Fundamentalist State !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Did you even read the article?

Who said anything about taking vengeance?
    Are you suggesting that we should be tolerant of homo's and adulterers? If so it is you who need to reread the New Testament. We are taught that we (the governing authorities) should execute such criminals.

Are you also saying that it is wrong to judge?
    Please, tell me you not judging me for judging people because if so then we know what that makes you, right?

Resting in Him,
    Clete
    You wrote this. You appear to be supporting the killing of homosexuals (by the government, of course, that you elect and support) Would YOU pull the trigger?

I did reread the article as you asked. It still is a far cry from the New Testament I have read dozens of times in my 30 years as a Christian. If I had thought Jesus was meaner than the Devil; I probably wouldn't have asked him to forgive my sins and come into my life because he would have been a bigger clod than I was.

To say uncategorically that Jesus was rude is bunk. He himself said at least three times that the greates commandment in the Bible was to love God with all your heart, mind and soul and to love your neighbour as yourself. We don't hang ourselves for our own sins because we love ourselves enough not to. We should let GOD be God. Maybe if we stopped trying to usurp his role the world could see more clearly what he is up to. If I have to defend God, how big is He? I do not have to defend him. I love him and trust him... including his judgement.
    Blessings of Peace,Chileice
    "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15.13

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to agree Nietzschean on this. The most loving thing you can do is show them the way.
    The most loving thing would be for the government to execute them! That way people would stop being homo's in the first place.
    Right now, that is unfortunately not an option. However, imposing a strong social stigma very definitely is an option and it is by far the most effective thing we can do to mitigate their destructive influence on our society and on our own families. The point being is that there are more important issues than the salvation of a particular homo. Being nice is not only not in the Bible it is dangerous.
    Oh and by the way, before everyone goes nuts quoting scriptures about kindness and love, neither of those things are the same as being 'nice'. 'Nice' is not in the Bible.

Resting in Him,
    Clete

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blessings of Peace,Chileice
    "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15.13

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

The most loving thing would be for the government to execute them! That way people would stop being homo's in the first place.
    Right now, that is unfortunately not an option. However, imposing a strong social stigma very definitely is an option and it is by far the most effective thing we can do to mitigate their destructive influence on our society and on our own families. The point being is that there are more important issues than the salvation of a particular homo. Being nice is not only not in the Bible it is dangerous.
    Oh and by the way, before everyone goes nuts quoting scriptures about kindness and love, neither of those things are the same as being 'nice'. 'Nice' is not in the Bible.

Resting in Him,
    Clete
    This is where i have to disagree with you because it goes against the law. Plus, what if some of the homosexuals you put to death could have been saved if allowed to live? Wouldn't allowing them to live worth that one soul. Also, it doesn't matter if the governement does kills them or not, they are dead any ways. The government just kills their bodies, not their soul.It is God's place to pose judgement. Not mine, not yours, and not the governement.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clete,

Right now, that is unfortunately not an option.
    You are one mixed up loon.

Can you stop being a heterosexual.

I would LOVE for you to be given the power and the right to personally execute these “criminals”.. I would LOVE to see you stand there and blow some poor dudes brains out because YOU think what he does is wrong.

YOU wouldn’t do it.. yet you expect society to “deal” with the “problem”

You fail as human on so many levels it’s a Joke…

Society would be far better of without you than a million fags !

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Chileice

You wrote this. You appear to be supporting the killing of homosexuals (by the government, of course, that you elect and support) Would YOU pull the trigger?
    I do not support the election of governing officials. And actually, in cases wher it would apply, the family of the offended party gets first dibs of not only choosing the method of execution but participating in it if they wish. Baring that, there would be no shortage of volunteers in a society were the laws were of such a nature.

I did reread the article as you asked. It still is a far cry from the New Testament I have read dozens of times in my 30 years as a Christian. If I had thought Jesus was meaner than the Devil; I probably wouldn't have asked him to forgive my sins and come into my life because he would have been a bigger clod than I was.
    You still don't get it! No one is suggesting that one should be meaner than God! Just that we should not be afraid of intentionally offending people if the situation calls for it which it often does! As things are now, homo's and the like are running toward hell and most Christians wave as they pass and say "We love you...want to come to church with us?" It's discusting! I would prefer that we tackle them and break their legs (figuratively speaking)! They would like it at the time, but the swift decent into hell might at least be slowed.

To say uncategorically that Jesus was rude is bunk. He himself said at least three times that the greates commandment in the Bible was to love God with all your heart, mind and soul and to love your neighbour as yourself. We don't hang ourselves for our own sins because we love ourselves enough not to. We should let GOD be God. Maybe if we stopped trying to usurp his role the world could see more clearly what he is up to. If I have to defend God, how big is He? I do not have to defend him. I love him and trust him... including his judgement.
    Then you agree! Homo's should be executed upon conviction in a public and painful way. That's God's perscription for the homo, not mine!
    Have the guts to do and say what is right and stop worry about who's feeling you're going to hurt! Or as Bob would say, do right and risk the consequences.

Resting in Him,
    Clete

Thread Information