Trolls and Attention Whores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_A

You forgot the comma after TH. :plain:

I was wondering how many syllables it would take before you launched into the old "magic word" recitation. For those unfamiliar with the inapplicable one--faced with critical scrutiny, he's prone to retreat behind phrases like these in an attempt to level the perception of his mostly unsupported declarations with more fully realized arguments in opposition.

Sometimes there's music. :guitar:

I also believe myself to be taller than average. In both cases the foundation is the same: demonstrable, repeatable measurements. :poly:

Said the man who is to objective analysis what John Wayne was to Broadway musicals. :straight:

Translation: N/A is feeling a little unsteady about his learning annex certificate and a bit put out by all the attention rainee is drawing from his repeat-a-thon/Simone redux. :plain:

You know, I think they make a chewable for Simone Redux. :think:

This is what I mean. There is no humor or depth but just blind attacks and expressions of self importance. Yet if I asked for an objective definition of an educated human being from TH flaunting his education, I doubt he could do it. His ego wouldn't let him.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is what I mean. There is no humor or depth but just blind attacks and expressions of self importance. Yet if I asked for an objective definition of an educated human being from TH flaunting his education, I doubt he could do it. His ego wouldn't let him.

Sounds like someone is jealous of TH's education and intellect .... :)

FTR, TH is honest and a long time member of TOL. He is well thought of by Christians and non Christians alike. What you are referring to as his ego is more likely a reflection of your own lack of self esteem.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The essence of humor is wisdom and I have yet to read wisdom in his silliness but rather only attempts to obfuscate an issue. Depth is one thing and obfuscation is another.

Feel free to explain exactly what issue TH is obfuscating. Perhaps you have missed the fact that this whole thread was started by a drama queen with has a persecution complex.

Nick_A

Sounds like someone is jealous of TH's education and intellect .... :)

FTR, TH is honest and a long time member of TOL. He is well thought of by Christians and non Christians alike. What you are referring to as his ego is more likely a reflection of your own lack of self esteem.

Self esteem has nothig to do with it. I am a great admirer of those capable of wisdom and or humor. I've been around long enough to recognize unbridled self importance when I read it.

This is not unusual in these times and in fact it is often the norm in what are called "educated" circles.

It reminds me of a story I once read about a a truly great man. He was visiting in America in the early part of the twentieth century and some having heard that he was educated, asked him to speak on the nature of Man to a party of sophisticated people.

Not knowing English well, he asked some associates to teach him all the swear words they knew. Then armed with a good vocabulary went to give his talk.

Being as I said, a very great man, he was also persuasive and it wasn't long before he turned the gathering into an orgy. Then he said I've shown you the nature of man. Now you can pay me. They did.

Nick_A

Feel free to explain exactly what issue TH is obfuscating. Perhaps you have missed the fact that this whole thread was started by a drama queen with has a persecution complex.

She may be. I don't know. What I do know is that she seems to be attracting a quality of animosity that suggests she may be on to something.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is what I mean. There is no humor or depth but just blind attacks and expressions of self importance.
Though you have to give a guy credit for landing so many with his eyes closed. :D More seriously, humor is a bit like beauty and depth is an issue that frequently stands in inverse proportion to the offense felt by the object of a barbed observation.

Yet if I asked for an objective definition of an educated human being from TH flaunting his education,
:think: Can you technically be flaunting something that someone else brings up to begin with?

I doubt he could do it.
I think that's a rather involved subject that shouldn't be addressed on a bumper sticker. That said, I would begin by saying education is built with a breadth of exposure across a wide range of subjects from physical science to philosophy, formed with a sure grasp of critical process and secured by serious and continuing efforts to observe honestly any subject under consideration utilizing the aforementioned.

Now a person can be that without possessing advanced degrees, but it's very difficult and nearly impossible to find a balanced education with that approach.

His ego wouldn't let him.
Being lectured on ego by you is a bit like being called a liberal by Marx.

You should meditate. Good for the blood pressure.

Self esteem has nothig to do with it. I am a great admirer of those capable of wisdom and or humor. I've been around long enough to recognize unbridled self importance when I read it.
Ah, so you do proof read then. :plain:

Nick_A

TH

Though you have to give a guy credit for landing so many with his eyes closed. More seriously, humor is a bit like beauty and depth is an issue that frequently stands in inverse proportion to the offense felt by the object of a barbed observation.

You don't understand humor. A person is not offended at humor because it warmly invites a person to laugh at themselves. You refer to ridicule which is entirely different.

I think that's a rather involved subject that shouldn't be addressed on a bumper sticker. That said, I would begin by saying education is built with a breadth of exposure across a wide range of subjects from physical science to philosophy, formed with a sure grasp of critical process and secured by serious and continuing efforts to observe honestly any subject under consideration utilizing the aforementioned.

Now a person can be that without possessing advanced degrees, but it's very difficult and nearly impossible to find a balanced education with that approach.

As I suspected you equate education with head knowledge. Yet a truly educated human being has an educated heart and body as well as a head. The three modes of connection with the external world can cooperate with each other rather than function in opposition. Such a person is truly educated. They can live their philosophy.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is my experience that the person who resorts to decrying the extensive formal education of his opponent is usually the one lacking in the same. It's akin to the nana-nana-boo-boo of the playground. I'm just sayin'. Makes for great theater for the crowd, but showcases one's desperation.

:squint:

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't understand humor.
I think you're hysterical. But I don't claim to understand you, so who knows.

A person is not offended at humor because it warmly invites a person to laugh at themselves.
But they're frequently offended when others are. :plain:

You refer to ridicule which is entirely different.
Actually you referred to it. I'm simply pointing out your not so new clothes.

As I suspected you equate education with head knowledge.
Well, I equate a lack of it with people who say things like "head knowledge." Unless, of course, they're drunken neurosurgeons.

Yet a truly educated human being has an educated heart and body as well as a head.
And you teach that heart and understand the good sense of fitness by what faculty again? I'll wait. :poly:

It is my experience that the person who resorts to decrying the extensive formal education of his opponent is usually the one lacking in the same. I'm just sayin'. :squint:

AMR
He has more issues than Reader's Digest, but he's a good deal of fun.

Nick_A

It is my experience that the person who resorts to decrying the extensive formal education of his opponent is usually the one lacking in the same. I'm just sayin'. :squint:

AMR

Ever wonder why Socrates was considered a man of wisdom by the Oracle even though he said "I know nothing?"

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ever wonder why Socrates was considered a man of wisdom by the Oracle even though he said "I know nothing?"
Ever wonder why Sgt. Schultz felt compelled to emulate the same behavior? ;)

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, at least the folks in Chappaqua choose a different topic with each issue. I mean, not everything comes down to Simone says, no?

AMR

Nick_A

I think you're hysterical. But I don't claim to understand you, so who knows.

But they're frequently offended when others are. :plain:

Actually you referred to it. I'm simply pointing out your not so new clothes.

Well, I equate a lack of it with people who say things like "head knowledge." Unless, of course, they're drunken neurosurgeons.

And you teach that heart and understand the good sense of fitness by what faculty again? I'll wait. :poly:

But they're frequently offended when others are.

OK so you don't appreciate humor. all I can tell you is that a room full of people being inspired to laugh at themselves by a good humorist is completely different from a comedy club.

Well I guess sometimes it takes a drunken neurosurgeon to understand what head knowledge is.

And you teach that heart and understand the good sense of fitness by what faculty again? I'll wait.

You cannot teach the heart. You just have to get your habitual head out of its way and give it a chance to experience. The body already understands the value of fitness but once again it is the habitual head and shallow emotions associated with justifying an associative intellect that prefers complaining to movement.

We've forgotten these things as a whole. This is why objectively educated people are very rare

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...all I can tell you is that a room full of people being inspired to laugh at themselves by a good humorist is completely different from a comedy club.
You know what's also different? A Good Humor man giving a room full of kids ice cream...but you can narrow humor down to whatever suits you. Doesn't soften the sound in the room. :nono: :chuckle:

You cannot teach the heart.
I was responding to your otherwise peculiar:
Yet a truly educated human being has an educated heart and body as well as a head.

You just have to get your habitual head out of its way and give it a chance to experience. The body already understands the value of fitness but once again it is the habitual head and shallow emotions associated with justifying an associative intellect that prefers complaining to movement.
Oh no you don't. I'm not setting up your next withering "the body doesn't know"...:chuckle:

We've forgotten these things as a whole. This is why objectively educated people are very rare
No one with a classical appreciation of education is unfamiliar with the whole man concept...I suspect asserting this is your way of again attempting to level a field you haven't earned the right to play on.

:e4e:

zoo22

I blame all this on zoo who first attacked serpentdove
and
then rainee came to her defense which caused Town Heretic to respond

frankly I am disappointed in all of you

Okayy.

It actually wasn't me who first took issue, but that aside, if you'd prefer to take issue with the folks who took issue with Serpentdove lying rather than taking issue with serpentdove's lying... So be it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.