toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I hate people who molest and murder young children. Does that make me weak and untrustworthy?

Are such people your enemies?

They are my enemies. And God told me not to hate them.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

I am strong enough to do that.

Are you? Or are they not your enemies? Have you not realized this?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Was David wrong for hating those who hate God? Psalm 139:19-22

Jesus says he was. David was a rather weak person morally. So it's not surprising.

And yes, God gets to hate, although you have to understand that modeling human emotions onto God is only a figurative exercise; He does not fear, nor does He lose His temper.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

They are my enemies. And God told me not to hate them.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

I am strong enough to do that.

Are you? Or are they not your enemies? Have you not realized this?

So you love child molestors. You are so far gone from being a civilized human, maybe God will think you are just stupid chimp at judgement and let you in.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So you love child molestors.

It's spelled "molesters." And Jesus says I'm to love my enemies, which they certainly are.

You are so far gone from being a civilized human

Well, I got my handle from an atheist who was also convinced I was a barbaric fool for following Christ. You're not the first, Nick.

But we'd appreciate it if you'd stop pretending to be one of His disciples until you can man up enough to do what He asks of you.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I hate people who molest and murder young children. Does that make me weak and untrustworthy?

The human person is a radical subjectivity. He cannot be reduced to an object. Whenever you reduce someone to his actions, you commit a violence, not only against that person, but humanity in general. As it is, the human person is not an object. He is a subject. He transcends his actions. Yes, you must love even those people, even though their behavior is monstrous.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's spelled "molesters." And Jesus says I'm to love my enemies, which they certainly are.

It isn't my thing, thanks for clearing it up, you vile pervert.

But we'd appreciate it if you'd stop pretending to be one of His disciples until you can man up enough to do what He asks of you.

I am not Israel, nor have ever claimed to be. Liar and a pervert.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The human person is a radical subjectivity. He cannot be reduced to an object. Whenever you reduce someone to his actions, you commit a violence, not only against that person, but humanity in general. As it is, the human person is not an object. He is a subject. He transcends his actions. Yes, you must love even those people, even though their behavior is monstrous.

You are a total moron, not to be confused with evil. And you tell people to not read the Bible without understanding philosophy first. You have it backwards, and this is proof.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
You are a total moron, not to be confused with evil. And you tell people to not read the Bible without understanding philosophy first. You have it backwards, and this is proof.

Ephesians 2:4-6 said:
But God, (who is rich in mercy,) for his exceeding charity wherewith he loved us, [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together in Christ, (by whose grace you are saved,) [6] And hath raised us up together, and hath made us sit together in the heavenly places, through Christ Jesus.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
And yes, God gets to hate.

No, He doesn't. "God is love" (1 John 4:8). I tell you, here on earth, we tend to hate each other, because we "see now through a glass in a dark manner" (1 Corinthians 13:12). However, when we see beyond this lie, this illusion, this dream - in fine, when we see God "face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12) - we'll find that the underlying reality of all necessity and possibility, of all created and uncreated, is love. I don't even think that God hates the souls in Hell. "Jesus wept" (John 11:35) for them.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I've been blogging at other sites for a few days. When did you start?

It might be down now. It was called "Honest Inquiry." Been years since I've been there. It was run by former Mormons, mostly atheists, but generally pretty nice people. Except one, who was personally offended by belief in general and Catholics in particular.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
And Jesus says I'm to love my enemies, which they certainly are.

It isn't my thing,

No kidding. But if you hate what He tells you, why do you pretend to follow Him?

thanks for clearing it up, you vile pervert.

You know, Nick, people are going to start wondering why, in every thread, you want to talk about molesting kids. Actually, they've been wondering for some time, now.

Barbarian suggests:

I am not Israel, nor have ever claimed to be.

But you do claim to be a Christian, and you clearly don't want to follow His command regarding one's enemies. You can't indulge in your weaknesses and hate, if you want to be one of His.

Of course, it's possible that you don't consider those people your enemies. Is that the problem, Nick?

WandererInFog

My own personal enemies? No. Hating someone simply because they have wronged you personally is symptomatic of Pride, and therefore sinful. Hating the enemies of God and His Law is not. Ultimately you cannot really love God if you do not hate His enemies, just as you cannot really be said to love another person if you do not hate those who would seek to do them harm.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
My own personal enemies? No. Hating someone simply because they have wronged you personally is symptomatic of Pride, and therefore sinful. Hating the enemies of God and His Law is not. Ultimately you cannot really love God if you do not hate His enemies, just as you cannot really be said to love another person if you do not hate those who would seek to do them harm.

Does God hate His enemies? I tell you, God loves even His enemies.

Romans 5:10 said:
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son; much more, being reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Never Walk Alone...A Call to Arms - Megadeth

WandererInFog

Does God hate His enemies?

Yes, He does.

"Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them. - Leviticus 20:23​

The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity, - Psalm 5:5​

The Lord tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates. - Psalm 11:5​

All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels. - Hosea 9:15​

Status
Not open for further replies.