toldailytopic: Within your lifespan what has been the most beneficial scientific, med

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 3rd, 2010 08:55 AM

toldailytopic: Within your lifespan what has been the most beneficial scientific, medical, or technological invention?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

MrRadish

Well, the most obviously revolutionary advancement in my lifetime has been the dawn of the Internet. On the other hand, there have probably been lots of inventions in science, medicine, technology and so on which are also incredibly beneficial that I just don't know about. I don't really know what progress has been made in surgery or vaccination in the last two decades, for example, because I'm not a doctor.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 3rd, 2010 08:55 AM

toldailytopic: Within your lifespan what has been the most beneficial scientific, medical, or technological invention?

The computer has been the most beneficial!

What a great tool it has been for me in study, education, fellowship and even shopping! :cloud9:

Freethinker93

I think the best invention would have to be the internet. And I can think of a few books, but those aren't really inventions.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Would God's creations be considered inventions? Because, you see, there's this girl...

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Scientific: Atomic research/Space travel

Medical: Antibiotics/Open Heart Procedures

Technological: Television/Computers

Buzzword

Given that it's been the source of my dad's livelihood since 1988, I'd have to say the personal computer.

Created a whole new set of technologies, which continue to evolve daily at an astounding rate, which results in greater information availability to people it would have been forbidden to in earlier years, i.e. the creation of the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.