The best of YouTube

The Graphite

This is what I do for a living.

Cool! Makes me think of my two favorite quotes about pilots.

My father once asked a professional pilot what the secret is to being a good flyer. The guy's answer?

"Well, when you're up in the air, the key thing is to always do your best to avoid the edges of the air... You know, the bottom edges, the side edges, even the very upper ages. You know, like space. Just avoid the edges, and you'll do fine."

Years before that, my dad wrote accounting software for an air shipping company in Texas, and he asked a pilot what it's like to do what you guys do for a living. His answer?"

"Long periods of boredom, punctuated by moments of sheer terror." :cool:

Z Man

Cool! Makes me think of my two favorite quotes about pilots.

My father once asked a professional pilot what the secret is to being a good flyer. The guy's answer?

"Well, when you're up in the air, the key thing is to always do your best to avoid the edges of the air... You know, the bottom edges, the side edges, even the very upper ages. You know, like space. Just avoid the edges, and you'll do fine."

Years before that, my dad wrote accounting software for an air shipping company in Texas, and he asked a pilot what it's like to do what you guys do for a living. His answer?"

"Long periods of boredom, punctuated by moments of sheer terror." :cool:
Very true. Although I just got my Air Force wings in Oct of last year, and I just started flying the KC-135, I haven't had a 'boring' moment yet. I'm sure after I learn the jet a little better and get into the routine of things, it will start to calm down a bit. Either way, my job rocks! I love what I do for a living.