toldailytopic: What is your daily internet routine?? And how does TOL fit in? What ot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What is your daily internet routine?? And how does TOL fit in?
What other sites do you frequent? (no links please)

Opener . . .
  1. Yahoo Home Page
  2. TOL
  3. Auto Racing Memories
  4. TOL
  5. Scale Auto Enthusiast
Closer . . .
  1. TOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
I first go to a favorite Bible study site where there are faithful men committed to the ministry of reconciliation, then to fb to see what's up with the fam and friends, then I make my way here to keep up with the threads that I'm interested in.

OMEGA

In the Evening I go on TOL, Theology Online.

I have tried other Religious forums and as the songs go

"Nothing compares to you - TOL cause Baby Your the Best."

In the Morning I check my stocks on Google Finance.
I recently bought $2000 worth of CAJ stock for .10 cents and it is now .15 going to .50.
August 3 I am going to buy $2000 worth of ARR on the TSX for .06
and probably sell it at .30 cents.
I like Penny stocks because the percentage is great.
There was a penny stock "TIM "on the TSX at .34 cents
that went to $34 dollars in a year. Those are the ones that I like.:greedy:
====================================

Dena

Facebook
Religious Forums
Christian Forums
Jew by Choice site
Small Jewish Forum
Health Forum which is compromised of a few friends (girls only)
3 Fat Chicks
And I read my email a few times a day usually

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I have consulting work (which is more famine than feast at present) as a wireless communications technology intellectual property forensic analyst, I spend my entire work days on the computer at specialized intellectual property related web sites. USPTO and Google Patents are my most frequently visited sites during this time.

Most mornings, my electronic day begins by reading and answering email. I get around eighty messages a day on topics related to the above and the below. I feed my daily local and world news interests through a personalized Google News web page.

The evening and early morning hours afford me time to pursue my theological interests on the internet.

• I am a faculty member at TNARS, with AA, BA, MA, and DMin students whose assignments I grade and research on the internet. I also communicate with them all individually via email.
  • I have a regular routine of visiting other theology related discussion sites that I am active within or just lurking in the following order: RTI, CARM, CF, FFF, PB, TW, TT, and finally TOL. At CF, I am one of the Chaplains and this consumes quite a bit of time answering questions in an Ask a Chaplain forum. TOL is usually my last stop before retiring. I make TOL my last stop as it usually requires lots of personal attention, but on a different level than the others sites I frequent.

During the day, I occasionally peek in on some of these discussion sites when I am taking a break from normal consulting work, or when the wife is sleeping comfortably. She is very ill and I spend quite a bit of time between all the above as her primary care-giver. The sites above take my mind off the daily trials.

AMR

[Note: I hope posting the other discussion sites, with abbreviations and no links does not run afoul of the TOL restrictions about other discussion sites. Mods should feel free to redact these listings, if needed, and please accept my apologies.]

Last edited:

Alate_One

Since it is currently summertime for me I keep ToL open most of the time, checking back occasionally. I like to look at news sites, usually science daily, listen to NPR, occasionally Democracy Now. I like to check the forums of my current game of choice, Higher Ground for NWN, XKCD, blogs such as biologos and pharyngula.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 2nd, 2010 10:39 AM

toldailytopic: What is your daily internet routine?? And how does TOL fit in? What other sites do you frequent? (no links please)

Webmail, minimum of five news feeds, ToL, IM contacts. The rest are R&D projects, Bible studies.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
FreeRepublic.com for conservative news.
AmericanVision.com for theology, and occasionally messing with a Christian libertarian or two. Their bookstore has great books on American History and our Christian heritage.
Sodahead.com is fun because it lets you post pictures (sometimes one picture is worth 1,000 words).
Theologyonline.com to harass atheists and their left wing "Christian?" allies, as well as to read those occasional articles that are keepers (Knight's articles on abortion and Clete's on homosexuality are examples).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What is your daily internet routine?? And how does TOL fit in? What other sites do you frequent? (no links please)

Well, there's the usual internet drop in to Wood Burners of America, followed by a quick sports fix from espn or SI, and then on to miniaturegolfaficianados.com (surprisingly, not about the game); a bit of FB upkeep and from that point forward I'm in and out here keeping the site safe for demockracy.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Same routine every day for me.

Fire up the email. While it's downloading...
Yahoo.com
Dilbert.com
Espn.go.com
Facebook.com
Theologyonline.com

zippy2006

I just moved so I have no internet routine! :chuckle: Kind of nice in a way, though I'll have to get some service eventually here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.