Hi There! A Buddhist from Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathagata

I look forward to some great discussions here on Theology Online!

I noticed that this site seems to have an emphasis on Christianity (where it says "Religion | Politics | Christianity"), so is this for all religions (as "theology" is all-encompassing of religion) or is it focused on just one?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome, Buddhist from Vegas (there is a movie in that somewhere),

Focus is on whatever suits your fancy within the bounds of the rules. That said, you will quickly learn what is worth focusing upon and what is not. ;)

BTW, tell me how you escaped samsara. :squint:

AMR

Tathagata

BTW, tell me how you escaped samsara. :squint:

Haha, I'm surprised you made that connection. "Tathagata" is my favorite alternate name of the Buddha, and it is also taught that everyone has Buddha-nature.

However, a Tathagata need not escape from samsara to be considered as such.

Buddha [Lankavatara Sutra]: "Even Nirvana and Samsara's world of life and death are aspects of the same thing, for there is no Nirvana except where is Samsara, and Samsara except where is Nirvana. All duality is falsely imagined."

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So your Buddhism is of the Mahayana variety?

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Welcome...half the time this is where I prod the new kid, but I'm pronouncedly ungruntled today and fond of Buddhists anyway.

Enjoy the show :e4e:

Tathagata

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Can anyone tell me how to gain permission to make a signature and custom avatar? For some reason, I get a message telling me I don't have permission.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Can anyone tell me how to gain permission to make a signature and custom avatar? For some reason, I get a message telling me I don't have permission.
You need 50 posts and a couple of weeks to unlock certain privileges. It can be frustrating, but it helps weed out the wind driven, if you follow.

:e4e:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
lotus flower................

lotus flower................

~*~*~

Blessings in the dharma light :)

Welcome to the 'play'.......

Om shanti,

pj

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You could buy a subscription. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.