toldailytopic: Where should TOL go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is the weakest suggestion AMR makes, as there are many unqualified who might demand to be marked as "Chaplain," plus legitimate church qualifications cannot be proved.
You are correct. This suggestion is a tough one to administer properly. Some denominations do not even keep proper records on file for ordained members. I am ordained by the SBC and all I can point to is my original ordination certificate and my copy of a listing in an old SBC Pastors membership paperback the SBC used to publish; other copies of which probably are lying on a dusty shelf in an archive somewhere.

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Idunno. I kind of like only having one or two mods. Less people to ban me. :noid:
A very, very wise move...:maxi:

:think: Well, other than the whole pony thing, I'd like a moderate designation on the political side of things.

And maybe a place where you can sell handbags and sneakers at ridiculous discount prices, 'cause it seems like we're really turning away a few people there.

Maybe an official, TOL, Meet the Heretic thread...or a What's the Heretic Up to Today? thread...or a How 'Bout That Heretic thread.

So, basically, a lot more Heretic.

:plain:

Else, stay the course...the best hamburger I ever had wasn't at McDonalds. :chew:

Squishes

I have a great fund-raiser idea. For every dollar we donate to TOL, we can make Traditio listen to a Justin Bieber song.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Add a link to "Blogs" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Also, add the
Spoiler
tag feature many vBulletin forums use. Posts bracketed by these tags will not appear in a post until the person clicks the spoiler button that is added. It is also a good feature for extra long posts and improves web pagination load times.

Why is it that I can collapse the Stats, Today's Visitors, and Today's Birthday's portals on the TOL front page and they remain collapsed even during page refreshes, but I cannot collapse the Front Page News and it remain collapsed?

AMR

Last edited:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
It's up to you. You might need more free time in the next 10 years to do stuff like cleaning rifles on the front porch.

Nitro

Maybe you can respond by telling how you missed that ^ :D

NewB:alien: Just here to help that post count......:chuckle:

That's weird. I can't believe I missed that. :doh:

I didn't read all of the posts before replying.
I was going to only post about not being able to use the search function. When I clicked reply I had to log on and then it took me to the home page. That reminded me to post about that log on problem too!

rainee

Hi this is rainee
and I'm not an alcoholic (at least I don't think I am because I'm not drinking :noway: )

One request would be if you are drinking - stop it.
And why not set up an AA club here at the forums.

Next a word to the Calvinists please.
I don't know and so can't be sure but if any tone has improved here at TOL towards Calvies it has probably more to do with me than you.
I came here wanting to win people not be arrogant or insulting. I do not believe in whipping the weak - no - quite the contrary, I believe in whipping the strong.

Now I'm sorry I have to talk about me for a minute, I will try not to drone on like a fuzzy tiger who needs apparently some hairball medicine because he is really full of it.

I personally came here because I was hunting for PS82.
That's it.
That is the ONLY reason any of you have read one word of mine.
She is the only person who is like me that I know of.
And we are not much alike in many other ways!
She is not Calvinist, I am.
But she works with Scriptures and I can appreciate that.
Sometimes she is way over my head or compiling way too much too fast - but that is that.

Now I love Barbarian but I do not want you to misunderstand -
It is because of PS 82 that I do not mind if people are here who work with Scriptures in wild and zaney ways.
She likes it here and you have to have people here who work with Scriptures.

Now to the rest of you Christians, not just Calvies, I told Trad I made a connection between the "son of perdition" and "the seed" of the
serpent as spoken of in Genesis.
First I did it because I could do it - but I also did it because I thought it would be good.
That's right, I think I can work with Scriptures, and I think it can be good when I share with you who cannot. And I think most cannot.

But I also did it because Bybee called me pedantic! So I did it because I could, I thought it would be good, and I was made angry
by one of you. I think that will only work that way once.

Now to the unbelievers - what can I say?
I'm just angry and disgusted at many of you.
I do not doubt you are foolish and self destructive and
in some ways incredibly not smart.

You are sucking the life out of the very forum you enjoy so much. You are shameless in this. But you should be ashamed. You lack wisdom.
How could I stay around you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: And maybe a What is the Heretic listening to Now thread...but definitely not a Where Should the Heretic Go. :nono: I don't even want to think about the bannings that would sponsor.

And you should add a Bridge thread for a few of the new posters to live under. :plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Stay the course. :thumb:

Having a few more political and religious designations might not be bad. Or have a fill-in field like someone suggested.

Don't sell.

The one extra forum idea that I thought has potential was AMR's "Face the Board". Could be interesting, depending on who we had "facing the board". :idunno:

But other than that, I think I like the "slim" format of TOL with just a few sections, compared to what it was when I first joined. However, I might be in favor of a "Science" one.

Status
Not open for further replies.