User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Banned Again . Why ?

  1. #1
    Over 1000 post club The Horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle,NY.
    Posts
    1,442
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 421 Times in 303 Posts

    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    209008

    Banned Again . Why ?

    I was banned for a couple a days until this Wednesday . Why ? For supposedly being "too disruptive "? Huh ? How am I to know what the web management considers to be " "disruptive " here ?
    All I was doing was voicing my usual disagreements with members .
    I didn't insult anyone, use profanities etc . I'm not a troll . I just find it interesting to discuss religion and politics with other people . Disagreeing with other people on the internet does not make you a troll . In fact, I consider myself to be a liberal internet gadfly, not a troll .
    I love to give conservatives a piece of my mind ( yes, you can accuse me of not having a mind, I don't care because I'm not thin-skinned ).
    People here call me an idiot etc , and I couldn't care less . Lots of people on the internet have called me every name in the book and i don't care . I'm constantly sending conservative bloggers and columnists emails where I disagree with them, sometimes harshly . And those who choose to respond call me every name in the book .

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Horn For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (September 19th, 2019)

  3. #2
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,481
    Thanks
    35,431
    Thanked 8,905 Times in 5,729 Posts

    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147644
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    I was banned for a couple a days until this Wednesday . Why ? For supposedly being "too disruptive "? Huh ? How am I to know what the web management considers to be " "disruptive " here ?
    All I was doing was voicing my usual disagreements with members .
    I didn't insult anyone, use profanities etc . I'm not a troll . I just find it interesting to discuss religion and politics with other people . Disagreeing with other people on the internet does not make you a troll . In fact, I consider myself to be a liberal internet gadfly, not a troll .
    I love to give conservatives a piece of my mind ( yes, you can accuse me of not having a mind, I don't care because I'm not thin-skinned ).
    People here call me an idiot etc , and I couldn't care less . Lots of people on the internet have called me every name in the book and i don't care . I'm constantly sending conservative bloggers and columnists emails where I disagree with them, sometimes harshly . And those who choose to respond call me every name in the book .
    You were given an infraction because your rant was bashing the people who run this forum.

  4. #3
    TOL Legend annabenedetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,929
    Thanks
    7,946
    Thanked 10,118 Times in 5,672 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147754
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    I'm not a troll . I just find it interesting to discuss religion and politics with other people .
    No, you're not a troll, and over the years I've come to appreciate you even though I gave you a hard time on occasion years ago.

    In fact, I consider myself to be a liberal internet gadfly
    I love this

    Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

    The Horn (September 19th, 2019)

  6. #4
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,402
    Thanks
    4,757
    Thanked 10,366 Times in 7,675 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147798
    Dude - you're a troll

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 23rd, 2019)

  8. #5
    Over 1000 post club The Horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle,NY.
    Posts
    1,442
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 421 Times in 303 Posts

    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    209008
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    You were given an infraction because your rant was bashing the people who run this forum.
    How was I bashing the people who run this forum ? This wasn't my intention .

  9. #6
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,431
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 790 Times in 532 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    179459
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    I was banned for a couple a days until this Wednesday . Why ? For supposedly being "too disruptive "? Huh ? How am I to know what the web management considers to be " "disruptive " here ?
    All I was doing was voicing my usual disagreements with members .
    I didn't insult anyone, use profanities etc . I'm not a troll . I just find it interesting to discuss religion and politics with other people . Disagreeing with other people on the internet does not make you a troll . In fact, I consider myself to be a liberal internet gadfly, not a troll .
    I love to give conservatives a piece of my mind ( yes, you can accuse me of not having a mind, I don't care because I'm not thin-skinned ).
    People here call me an idiot etc , and I couldn't care less . Lots of people on the internet have called me every name in the book and i don't care . I'm constantly sending conservative bloggers and columnists emails where I disagree with them, sometimes harshly . And those who choose to respond call me every name in the book .
    I disagree with almost everything you believe in, but I have to say you're not a basher of individuals. You're just another person who has been declared guilty of bashing another person because some people believe that they can discern another person's intent, i.e. that they can read minds.
    “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    “One and God make a majority.”
    ― Frederick Douglass

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

    The Horn (September 24th, 2019)

  11. #7
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,468
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 3,597 Times in 2,427 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    436889
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    How was I bashing the people who run this forum ? This wasn't my intention .
    The management is quite frank about the bias of the board. If you want a level playing field, there are plenty of those.

    That's just the way it is.
    This message is hidden because ...

  12. #8
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,509
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked 13,655 Times in 9,465 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147859
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    The management is quite frank about the bias of the board. If you want a level playing field, there are plenty of those.

    That's just the way it is.
    And by "level playing field" he means places that hate the truth.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 23rd, 2019),JudgeRightly (September 19th, 2019),Right Divider (September 23rd, 2019)

  14. #9
    TOL Legend annabenedetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,929
    Thanks
    7,946
    Thanked 10,118 Times in 5,672 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147754
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    And by "level playing field" he means places that hate the truth.
    No. A level playing field means the rules are applied to everyone with the same vigor, regardless of ideology.

    To post here as a non-conservative and/or non-christian is to understand that you'll be treated differently when the rules are applied. I know this. I choose to post here anyway.

    Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

    The Barbarian (September 20th, 2019)

  16. #10
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,509
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked 13,655 Times in 9,465 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147859
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    I was banned for a couple a days until this Wednesday . Why ? For supposedly being "too disruptive "? Huh ? How am I to know what the web management considers to be " "disruptive " here ?
    All I was doing was voicing my usual disagreements with members .
    I didn't insult anyone, use profanities etc . I'm not a troll . I just find it interesting to discuss religion and politics with other people . Disagreeing with other people on the internet does not make you a troll . In fact, I consider myself to be a liberal internet gadfly, not a troll .
    I love to give conservatives a piece of my mind ( yes, you can accuse me of not having a mind, I don't care because I'm not thin-skinned ).
    People here call me an idiot etc , and I couldn't care less . Lots of people on the internet have called me every name in the book and i don't care . I'm constantly sending conservative bloggers and columnists emails where I disagree with them, sometimes harshly . And those who choose to respond call me every name in the book .
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 22nd, 2019),Right Divider (September 23rd, 2019)

  18. #11
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,509
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked 13,655 Times in 9,465 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147859
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    No. A level playing field means the rules are applied to everyone with the same vigor, regardless of ideology.
    They are. If I said what this Muppet did, I'd get banned too.

    To post here as a non-conservative and/or non-christian is to understand that you'll be treated differently when the rules are applied. I know this. I choose to post here anyway.
    Nope. You don't want to get banned? Don't be a troll.
    Last edited by JudgeRightly; September 22nd, 2019 at 09:11 PM.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 20th, 2019)

  20. #12
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,509
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked 13,655 Times in 9,465 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147859
    Also: Horn should be banned for his awful punctuation style.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 20th, 2019)

  22. #13
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,468
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 3,597 Times in 2,427 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    436889
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    No. A level playing field means the rules are applied to everyone with the same vigor, regardless of ideology.

    To post here as a non-conservative and/or non-christian is to understand that you'll be treated differently when the rules are applied. I know this. I choose to post here anyway.
    Anyone can handle a level playing field. We know rules aren't uniformly applied. No one is hiding that. It's just the way things are.
    This message is hidden because ...

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (September 20th, 2019)

  24. #14
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,509
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked 13,655 Times in 9,465 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147859
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Anyone can handle a level playing field.


    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 22nd, 2019)

  26. #15
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,481
    Thanks
    35,431
    Thanked 8,905 Times in 5,729 Posts

    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147644
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Anyone can handle a level playing field. We know rules aren't uniformly applied. No one is hiding that. It's just the way things are.
    Being biased is one of the things TOL is proud of, and it's stressed in the rules that it is so.

    People who can't handle that don't have to post here, and shouldn't complain about it.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (September 23rd, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us