User Tag List

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 649

Thread: I Love Jesus and I Accept Evolution

  1. #46
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,487
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 13,613 Times in 9,446 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147858
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Wrong.
    Nope.

    There are people immune to HIV infection because of a mutation.
    That's not a counter.

    And there are different mutations depending on which part of the world people are from.
    That's nice.

    There's no such thing as "genetic integrity."
    Of course there is. A genome does not function outside a very limited range of designs. A random assignment of AGTC would produce noise, no butterflies, every time.

    there is only useful or not in a particular situation.
    Nope. That's only a useful restriction for those who want to protect Darwinism from the challenges it faces.

    Are you saying genetic variation is BAD?
    Been saying it for years.

    Have you only just noticed?

    If this is really what you're saying you do not understand biology at all.
    The evidence says otherwise.

    Huh? They have virtually NO genetic diversity. Cheetahs can receive skin grafts from one another due to lack of diversity in their MHC genes. That same lack of diversity makes them vulnerable to disease.
    And if I had not raised cheetahs as an example, you would have launched into an explanation of how their lack of diversity is a problem.

    For example:
    "Barbarian explains: Actually, cheetahs likely don't have any greater 'load' than humans do. The real problem is a severe lack of genetic diversity. They are so alike that apparently, they can all serve as tissue donors for each other."

    That is what you believe, right?
    Last edited by Stripe; September 17th, 2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 16th, 2019),Right Divider (September 16th, 2019)

  3. #47
    TOL Legend Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,961
    Thanks
    2,822
    Thanked 4,865 Times in 2,923 Posts

    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147740
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Why, because you say so? Talk about assumptions. :P
    Just so I know where this is going, did you intend this to go snarky? If we are going to simply dismiss another based off of an imagined insult like 'assumption?' Okay. Your thread doesn't look as sincere or important when you are trying to say the Love of the Lord Jesus Christ is a commonality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Okay so how do you know it's symbolic of Satan then?
    Revelation 12:9, 20:2
    Because of the previous, I've no idea if your question is sincere or

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    And when you see the same leg remnants in whales you say . . . ?
    Is it? How do you know, precisely? Who said it was?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    No but it may mean you're distantly related to one.
    "related" has a few meanings. All things are created by God, so I'm 'related' to Mars as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Here's the thing. Species in evolution never stop reproducing after their "kind". It's just that the "kind" is not static, it changes over time. There is never a point in evolution where, for illustrative purposes, a cat produces a dog offspring.
    Or a reptile becoming a bird or vise versa?


    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    No, it means change over time. Humans can cause evolution.
    Awkward for me. Humans did 'breed' different kinds of dogs but did they 1) cause it and 2) have anything really to do with the DNA already there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Why can't God? Why isn't it possible that God designed the potential for evolution into life from the start?
    Colossians 1:17 Do things sustain or change independently of God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Understand again that if God is sovereign there is nothing that is truly random.
    This is my argument against 'random chance and purposeless change.' Again, I don't know if you are being sincere at this point, but I've answered them as if they were though I've reservations about continuing so in thread.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 16th, 2019)

  5. #48
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,375
    Thanks
    4,742
    Thanked 10,343 Times in 7,659 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    He says evolution causes more disease.
    Nope

    Try again

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 16th, 2019),Right Divider (September 16th, 2019)

  7. #49
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,439
    Thanks
    35,325
    Thanked 8,876 Times in 5,708 Posts

    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147644
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    No, it means change over time.
    No, evolution does NOT mean change over time.

    You've been lied to.

    Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Evolution is the idea that all life is descended from a universal common ancestor by means of random mutations and natural selection. This is what is being challenged. Nobody challenges the idea that "things change." However, Darwinists want evolution to be defined as "change" so that it cannot be challenged.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (September 16th, 2019),Yorzhik (September 17th, 2019)

  9. #50
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,487
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 13,613 Times in 9,446 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147858
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Change over time.
    I've always wondered how change could not happen over time.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 16th, 2019),Right Divider (September 16th, 2019)

  11. #51
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,407
    Thanks
    15,015
    Thanked 22,486 Times in 12,803 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Namecalling a well supported idea as "nonsense" doesn't actually further the discussion.
    So now you've downgraded it to an "idea"?
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (September 16th, 2019),JudgeRightly (September 16th, 2019)

  13. #52
    Over 2000 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    2,259
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 471 Times in 394 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    44899
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    So you're willing to say that God has created false history?
    Modern science will honestly and accurately tell us how old the universe looks, they will tell us honestly and accurately the theory of how this universe developed, what its gestation must have looked like, what its birth must have been like, and how it developed into the mature universe that it is today, one capable of sustaining human life, on one little speck of rock in the Himalayan mountain range many times over, that is the whole entire universe.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  14. #53
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 785 Times in 527 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    179457
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One;5353887[B
    ]It all depends on how they are interpreted, and generally reading an ancient text with a lot of symbolic implications as if it's a news report is probably going to lead to misunderstandings.
    So, in other words, you who claim to love Jesus think you are far wiser than God. How do you know who God is with your rejection of so much of the Bible? Do you even accept the existence of sin, the plan of redemption, and what is it that God plans on restoring in human nature through His redemption of humanity? Is God going to restore us to primordial ooze? Oh, you might begin by telling us where sin originated on earth and how it came about since you don't believe the creation story. Do it from scripture.
    “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    “One and God make a majority.”
    ― Frederick Douglass

  15. #54
    Over 1000 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1,048
    Thanked 853 Times in 545 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72901
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Namecalling a well supported idea as "nonsense" doesn't actually further the discussion.
    When you say "well supported", what (if anything) do you even mean? By "well supported", do you not simply mean "true"?

    I call no idea "nonsense". I call nonsense "nonsense", though. Why do you refuse to call nonsense "nonsense"? Why do you call nonsense "science"?

  16. #55
    Over 1000 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1,048
    Thanked 853 Times in 545 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72901
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    So now you've downgraded it to an "idea"?
    If you ask me, he's still too generous in even calling it an idea.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to 7djengo7 For Your Post:

    Right Divider (September 16th, 2019)

  18. #56
    Over 1000 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1,048
    Thanked 853 Times in 545 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72901
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    No, it means change over time.
    And what (if anything) do you mean by "change over time"?

  19. #57
    Over 2000 post club way 2 go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    2,236
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 843 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    422759
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    A. I didn't post anything about Rhodocetus. And rodhocetus is one fossil among a large variety of fossils plus the genetic, anatomical and developmental evidence.

    B. Rodhocetus isn't a fake. It was originally reconstructed with very fragmentary bones and was postulated to have features it was later shown to not have, wait for it, because of later discovered EVIDENCE. Those facts are even noted in your video!

    Scientists have updated their models. That is a normal thing in science, when an old idea is shown to be wrong it is adjusted to fit the evidence.
    so ... fake

    Soft Tissue (i.e., Science) Denier too ?


    link rsr.org

    * Soft Tissue Deniers / Science Deniers: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams list the soft tissue deniers, aka the science deniers, among leading evolutionists, media outlets, and anti-creation websites.

    * RSR's List of Soft Tissue Deniers (and Doubters): This brief representative list documents the evolutionist science deniers and doubters for this specific topic. We'll occasionally update it and if any of these popular evolutionists reverses themselves, or sends a retraction or clarification to RSR, we'll note it here.* 2019 Reversal: Likely the world's leading paleobiochemistry expert, Matthew Collins, who opposed Mary Schweitzer's 2008 T. rex sequencing paper has apparently reversed himself as he co-authored Ancient amino acids from fossil feathers in [allegedly 99 mya] amber. After two decades of extensive research and publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals, soft tissue deniers seem to be the rule rather than the exception among atheists and evolutionists. (Further, as of June 2019, the existence of dinosaur soft tissue, likely the greatest paleontology discovery ever, remains unknown to the vast majority of the public as anyone can extrapolate by asking a couple dozen people. RSR is working toward educating the public through radio shows, websites, and by presenting the information in easy-to-use formats like the above Google Docs spreadsheet.)

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 16th, 2019),Right Divider (September 17th, 2019)

  21. #58
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,933 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534429
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    I am a biology professor
    You are an expert in an anti-Biblical and anti-scientific theory of the origin of species?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Regardless, evolution explains the diversity of life originating from a relatively simple organism.
    There is nothing in nature that supports the idea that all life originated from a single relatively simple organism.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  22. #59
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,933 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534429
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    It's certainly rejecting a core scientific idea of biology. Mind you many of the same people want to reject other aspects of science, such as climate science.
    You are comparing the theory of Evolution to the "carbon dioxide" climate change hoax?

    Yes, both are examples of Big Lies repeated over and over and over.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  23. #60
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,933 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534429
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Most mutations actually don't do anything. Even if a deleterious mutation occurs it is usually removed from the population by natural selection. This kind of selection is usually called purifying selection.
    Biologists often ignore that almost all mutations cause "evolutionary dead ends" and nothing beneficial.

    Human gene mutations causing infertility
    The identification of gene mutations causing infertility in humans remains noticeably deficient at present. Although most males and females with infertility display normal pubertal development, nearly all of the gene mutations in humans have been characterised in people with deficient puberty and subsequent infertility. Gene mutations are arbitrarily categorised into four different compartments (I, hypothalamic; II, pituitary; III, gonadal; and IV, outflow tract). Diagnoses of infertility include hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (compartments I and II), hypergonadotrophic hypogonadism (III), and obstructive disorders (compartment IV). Most gene mutations identified to date affect gonadal function, but it is also apparent that a large number of important genes in normal fertility have yet to be realised.

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. 6days

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us