User Tag List

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 658

Thread: I Love Jesus and I Accept Evolution

  1. #151
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,490
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 13,620 Times in 9,449 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147858
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    People reject the nonsense you call "evolution" because, um, it's nonsense.

    Since whales have no hands, whales have no fingers. See, fingers are parts of hands, and flippers are not hands. Since flippers are not hands, flippers have no fingers. Since flippers have no fingers, the bones component to flippers are not finger bones.

    The question is, why do you play make-believe that whales have fingers in their flippers?




    Why beware the jubjub bird?
    Why shun the frumious bandersnatch?

    Show us a video of a fossil whale swimming around, please.

    Show us a video of a fossil whale tying on his shoes with his fingers.
    Exactly. They've had their hands held through this numerous times, but they keep asking the same questions.

    It's like they aren't listening.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (September 19th, 2019),JudgeRightly (September 19th, 2019)

  3. #152
    Over 1000 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1,048
    Thanked 853 Times in 545 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72901
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Why do fossil whales have hind legs?
    Is the phrase, "fossil whale", a standard piece of jargon for Darwinists, or did you invent it? In any case, what (if anything) would you call a "fossil whale"?
    And what, if anything, would you say is the difference between a whale fossil--fossilized remains of a whale--and whatever it is you'd call a "fossil whale"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Nothing in Biology makes sense except in the Light of Evolution.
    I like this quote. It's an admission that the nonsense Darwinists call "evolution" is not biology--that is, is not science--but is, instead, something else. You're telling us that nothing in the science of biology makes sense except "in the light of" nonsense--the nonsense you call "evolution".

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7djengo7 For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 19th, 2019)

  5. #153
    Over 1000 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1,048
    Thanked 853 Times in 545 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72901
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Exactly. They've had their hands held through this numerous times, but they keep asking the same questions.

    It's like they aren't listening.
    You bet they aren't! Vandals and huns (in a word, BARBARIANS) bent on destroying Judeo-Christian, Western civilization aren't in the mood for, nor habit of, listening to reason.

  6. #154
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,402
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 3,521 Times in 2,382 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    427871
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley D View Post
    Many animals have become extinct because of changes in climate and humankind.
    Actually, it was a pun. Forgot my WFTH-I. Sorry.

    Unfortunately, many animals ar facing extinction today. Also that does not convince me of human evolution.
    Well, that's sensible. The evidence for human evolution is in genetics, fossil record, biochemistry, anatomy, and embryology, among others.

    "generally considered" is theory.
    No. That's not theory. In science, there's a very specific definition for "theory", and it takes more than "generally considered" to qualify as a theory. Theories are stronger than scientific laws.
    This message is hidden because ...

  7. #155
    Over 1000 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1,048
    Thanked 853 Times in 545 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72901
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Namecalling a well supported idea as "nonsense" doesn't actually further the discussion.

    Calling nonsense "a well supported idea" doesn't actually further the discussion.

  8. #156
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,490
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 13,620 Times in 9,449 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147858
    It's funny how Darwinists invented a bogus law to elevate their religion.

    Fake law: "Theories are stronger than scientific laws."

    Theory: Darwinists are morons.

    I win.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  9. #157
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,490
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 13,620 Times in 9,449 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147858
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    It's funny how Darwinists invented a bogus law to elevate their religion.

    Fake law: "Theories are stronger than scientific laws."

    Theory: Darwinists are morons.

    I win.
    Come on, that's post of the year material right there. Where's the love?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 22nd, 2019)

  11. #158
    Over 750 post club Bradley D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    934
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 270 Times in 187 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    168841
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Actually, it was a pun. Forgot my WFTH-I. Sorry.



    Well, that's sensible. The evidence for human evolution is in genetics, fossil record, biochemistry, anatomy, and embryology, among others.



    No. That's not theory. In science, there's a very specific definition for "theory", and it takes more than "generally considered" to qualify as a theory. Theories are stronger than scientific laws.
    "A theory is a group of linked ideas intended to explain something. ... The word 'theory' has several meanings: a guess or speculation."

  12. #159
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,402
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 3,521 Times in 2,382 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    427871
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley D View Post
    "A theory is a group of linked ideas intended to explain something.

    A scientific theory is an idea or a group of ideas about nature that have been repeatedly verified by evidence. There are informal uses of "theory" outside of science, but of course they don't mean anything at all in science.


    ... The word 'theory' has several meanings: a guess or speculation."
    That definition would be closer to "hypothesis." Hypotheses are testable, but unverified ideas about natural phenomena.
    This message is hidden because ...

  13. #160
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,490
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 13,620 Times in 9,449 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147858
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    A scientific theory is an idea or a group of ideas about nature that have been repeatedly verified by evidence.
    Nope. Theories can only ever be falsified. They can never be verified. The closest you can get is to say one has not yet been falsified.

    Your consistent anti-science expressions expose your ultimate commitment to your religion: Darwinism.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 23rd, 2019),JudgeRightly (September 20th, 2019),Right Divider (September 20th, 2019),Yorzhik (September 20th, 2019)

  15. #161
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    626
    Thanked 553 Times in 389 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    259959
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Not blustering.

    Step one we begin with a eukaryotic cell. Such cells begin to stick together in colonies. There are a handful of cell surface proteins that can do this.

    Step 2. Some of the stuck together cells begin to specialize - this is the beginning of an organism rather than a collection of cells.
    "Cut a hydra in two, and you will end up with two hydras. Cut it into 20 pieces and you will have 20 hydras. Turn the hydra inside-out, and it will recover. Scientists have even blended hydras down to their cellular components, spun them in a centrifuge so they pack together, and watched as the cells sort themselves back into hydra."

    Hydra: Stretchy, Speedy, & Probably Immortal

  16. #162
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,490
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 13,620 Times in 9,449 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147858
    Yay. User name is back with his Google searches.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  17. #163
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    10,040
    Thanks
    2,640
    Thanked 7,272 Times in 5,010 Posts

    Blog Entries
    8
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147735
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    I am a biology professor so science communication is a big part of my job. I'm always looking to hone my skills though.
    I know you are and a bit of a cuckoo too, my guess? What are you trying to do? Biologise us into changing our beliefs? As long as you realise you are a bit of a oddball here?
    So, what?

    believe it!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 22nd, 2019)

  19. #164
    Over 2500 post club Alate_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,673
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 350 Times in 264 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103604
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Calling nonsense "a well supported idea" doesn't actually further the discussion.
    When the American Association for the Advancement of Science calls it "a well supported idea" and some random person on the internet calls it nonsense. I think I'm going to go with the AAAS.


    The contemporary theory of biological evolution is one of the most robust products of scientific inquiry. It is the foundation for research in many areas of biology as well as an essential element of science education.

    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

    Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

    The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

    What Darwin Never Knew

  20. #165
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,445
    Thanks
    35,344
    Thanked 8,880 Times in 5,711 Posts

    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147644
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    When the American Association for the Advancement of Science calls it "a well supported idea" and some random person on the internet calls it nonsense. I think I'm going to go with the AAAS.


    The contemporary theory of biological evolution is one of the most robust products of scientific inquiry. It is the foundation for research in many areas of biology as well as an essential element of science education.
    Would you say that one could not understand most of the field of biology without having the "contemporary theory of biological evolution" as the foundation for one's education?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us