User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: JOHN 15:1 THE TRUE VINE

  1. #1
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 364 Times in 206 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    99151

    JOHN 15:1 THE TRUE VINE

    John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

    15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

    15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

    15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

    15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

    15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

    15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

    15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

    Jesus is the vine and his disciples the branches. The branches can not bear fruit apart from the vine. The disciples are to bear much fruit and will be pruned to produce more fruit unto righteousness. The branches will be cleansed through the word of Christ. By their fruit they glorify God and are known to be his disciples.

    Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

    3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

    3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

    John came preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins to cleanse Israel for the earthly Davidic kingdom (Mark 1:4) and to believe on Jesus (Acts 19:4). If Israel did not repent and bear fruit they would be hewn down and cast into the fire.

    Matthew 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

    13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

    When Christ establishes his earthly kingdom the unbelievers of Israel will be gathered out of the kingdom and cast into the fire.

    Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

    The unprofitable believing remnant of Israel will be cast into outer darkness and assigned a place with the hypocrites (Matthew 24:51).

    The disciples of Christ and his kingdom will be known by their fruits (Matthew 7:20) but nowhere does Paul say this about the church, the body of Christ. The church, the body is to be fruitful in good works and pleasing to the Lord (Colossians 1:10).

  2. #2
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,584
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 3,459 Times in 3,358 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    49946
    Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

    15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

    15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

    15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

    15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

    15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

    15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

    15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

    Jesus is the vine and his disciples the branches. The branches can not bear fruit apart from the vine. The disciples are to bear much fruit and will be pruned to produce more fruit unto righteousness. The branches will be cleansed through the word of Christ. By their fruit they glorify God and are known to be his disciples.

    Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

    3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

    3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

    John came preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins to cleanse Israel for the earthly Davidic kingdom (Mark 1:4) and to believe on Jesus (Acts 19:4). If Israel did not repent and bear fruit they would be hewn down and cast into the fire.

    Matthew 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

    13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

    When Christ establishes his earthly kingdom the unbelievers of Israel will be gathered out of the kingdom and cast into the fire.

    Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

    The unprofitable believing remnant of Israel will be cast into outer darkness and assigned a place with the hypocrites (Matthew 24:51).

    The disciples of Christ and his kingdom will be known by their fruits (Matthew 7:20) but nowhere does Paul say this about the church, the body of Christ. The church, the body is to be fruitful in good works and pleasing to the Lord (Colossians 1:10).
    Jesus is the True Vine and His Church, the Body of Christ are One !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  3. #3
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    9,279
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,866 Posts

    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147753
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Jesus is the True Vine and His Church, the Body of Christ are One !
    Jesus is the head. The church is the body
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

    DougE (September 14th, 2019),JudgeRightly (September 17th, 2019)

  5. #4
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    6,324
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 785 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    304595
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Jesus is the True Vine and His Church, the Body of Christ are One !
    Hi and below , you say that CALVINISM IS THE GOSPEL and nothing else !!

    Where is the Greek word for CALVINISM found in the bible ??

    No DODGING , PLEASE ??

    dan p

  6. #5
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,584
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 3,459 Times in 3,358 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    49946
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and below , you say that CALVINISM IS THE GOSPEL and nothing else !!

    Where is the Greek word for CALVINISM found in the bible ??

    No DODGING , PLEASE ??

    dan p
    Hi Rabbit trail

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us