User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Understand scripture based in use of terms

  1. #61
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534610
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Even if that were true (and, of course, you give NO reference to any such thing), it does NOT meant that they were wrong about Matthias.
    I tried to give Matthias the benefit of the doubt, but that wasn't good enough for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Your FALLACIOUS logic gets you into a LOT of trouble.
    You should spend a lot of time (like I did) examining the doctrines you were taught to see why those doctrines do not match up to the message of the whole Bible.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  2. #62
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,439
    Thanks
    15,056
    Thanked 22,522 Times in 12,829 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Here is the OP

    Paul is probably the 12th apostle that will sit on the twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel because Matthias appears to have been chosen in error.
    That is complete and utter nonsense, based on nothing but your own preconceived ideas.

    Once AGAIN, you give NO support from scripture that Matthias was chosen in error. Instead you just keep regurgitating your silly opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    There is a reason Paul did not refer to Jesus as "the Son of man":
    Paul never knew Jesus before the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
    Jesus only referred to Himself as "the Son of man" during His earthly ministry before the cross.
    BINGO... and Paul's ministry of Christ was NOT based on Christ's dominion over the earth as was His ministry to the circumcision.

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Paul only met Jesus after God exalted Jesus to the highest place, so Paul only knew Him as his Lord.
    Yep... rightly divided!

    During His earthly ministry to Israel (Rom 15:8) He referred to Himself as the Son of man.
    During His ministry to Paul, the apostle of the gentiles, no such reference.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 13th, 2019)

  4. #63
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,439
    Thanks
    15,056
    Thanked 22,522 Times in 12,829 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    I tried to give Matthias the benefit of the doubt, but that wasn't good enough for you.


    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    You should spend a lot of time (like I did) examining the doctrines you were taught to see why those doctrines do not match up to the message of the whole Bible.

    Your ignorance is only matched by your arrogance.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 13th, 2019)

  6. #64
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534610
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    That is complete and utter nonsense, based on nothing but your own preconceived ideas.

    Once AGAIN, you give NO support from scripture that Matthias was chosen in error. Instead you just keep regurgitating your silly opinion.
    Scripture does not support the idea that Matthias was supposed to be chosen, but it does support the idea that Jesus specifically chose Paul to be an apostle.
    Matthias was named an apostle by the will of man.
    Paul was named an apostle by the will of God, as proven by his ministry.

    1 Corinthians 1:1
    1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  7. #65
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534610
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Paul's ministry of Christ was NOT based on Christ's dominion over the earth as was His ministry to the circumcision.
    You seem to have missed the mark with that statement.
    Paul understood the kingdom of God much better than Darby, Scofield, Ryrie, and Walvoord ever could, which is why Paul got it right and the others got it wrong.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  8. #66
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,439
    Thanks
    15,056
    Thanked 22,522 Times in 12,829 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Scripture does not support the idea that Matthias was supposed to be chosen, but it does support the idea that Jesus specifically chose Paul to be an apostle.
    Matthias was named an apostle by the will of man.
    Paul was named an apostle by the will of God, as proven by his ministry.

    1 Corinthians 1:1
    1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,
    Dude... for the last time before I put you back on my ignore list.

    Scripture says that they rightly chose Matthias and that he was NUMBERED WITH THE ELEVEN.
    He did everything else that the eleven did, he was filled with the Holy Ghost at Pentecost, etc. etc. etc.

    NOT ONCE does the SCRIPTURE give ANY HINT that a mistake was made. That is just YOUR bogus theory.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 13th, 2019)

  10. #67
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,475
    Thanks
    35,399
    Thanked 8,898 Times in 5,724 Posts

    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147644
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Paul is probably the 12th apostle that will sit on the twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel because Matthias appears to have been chosen in error.
    Nope.

    Paul is a member of the Body of Christ.

    The head of the body is Christ.

    Everything Paul said indicates that he is at the same level as believers.

    The twelve, however, will rule OVER the twelve tribes, as the corporate head of Israel, as opposed to Christ, who is the head of the Body of Christ.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (September 13th, 2019)

  12. #68
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,439
    Thanks
    15,056
    Thanked 22,522 Times in 12,829 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Nope.

    Paul is a member of the Body of Christ.

    The head of the body is Christ.

    Everything Paul said indicates that he is at the same level as believers.

    The twelve, however, will rule OVER the twelve tribes, as the corporate head of Israel, as opposed to Christ, who is the head of the Body of Christ.
    GO must think that Paul was also quite confused. Paul met with the twelve in Jerusalem and they all agreed that Paul's ministry would remain SEPARATE from the twelve. So much for him being the replacement for Judas.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 13th, 2019)

  14. #69
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534610
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Dude... for the last time before I put you back on my ignore list.

    Scripture says that they rightly chose Matthias and that he was NUMBERED WITH THE ELEVEN.
    He did everything else that the eleven did, he was filled with the Holy Ghost at Pentecost, etc. etc. etc.

    NOT ONCE does the SCRIPTURE give ANY HINT that a mistake was made. That is just YOUR bogus theory.
    Was the book of the Acts of the Apostles originally written in King James English or in Greek?
    If they were written in King James English, your point might have some support, but unfortunately they were written in Greek.

    Matthias and the Numbering of the Twelve Apostles

    Finally, in the Greek text of Acts 1:26, Luke hints that the election, while an understandable thing for these men to do in the circumstances, was not divinely sanctioned. He says of the election of Matthias that he was "voted down along with the eleven" (the verb synkatapsephizo: συγκαταψηφίζω). According to its etymology, the base verb should mean to "vote down" i.e., defeat, or, better, "to condemn". The word itself only occurs one other place in all of Greek literature (Plutarch) where it means "join in condemnation"; here we also have a passive voice so on that model it should mean "be jointly condemned with". There may be doubt on the part of some scholars about the precise meaning of the verb in this context, but according to all linguistic convention it should at the very least convey a negative connotation - something that only makes sense if we see Luke here as being careful not to endorse the election of Matthias (cf. Lk.22:3 where Judas is described as being "of the number" of the disciples [ESV, NKJV, correctly from the Greek], implying that he was not really one in fact).

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  15. #70
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534610
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    GO must think that Paul was also quite confused.
    Not at all, but I do think you are confused, since you keep making claims that cannot be supported by scripture.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us