User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: EZEKIEL 37:12 OPEN GRAVES

  1. #1
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 338 Times in 194 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    88411

    EZEKIEL 37:12 OPEN GRAVES

    Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

    37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

    37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

    The LORD prophesied that he would open the graves of his people Israel and bring them into the land.

    Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

    27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

    27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

    27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

    27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

    When Jesus died on the cross the graves of the saints were opened. This was a fulfillment of the prophecy of Ezekiel 37:12.

    The Lord made a new covenant with Israel and one of the promises is to bring Israel into the land (Ezekiel 36:24-28). Jesus came to confirm the promises made to the fathers (Romans 15:8). Jesus would have fulfilled the new testament if Israel had received him as Messiah, the Son of God and believed the gospel of the kingdom; under the new covenant Israel would have possessed the promised land.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to DougE For Your Post:

    steko (August 23rd, 2019)

  3. #2
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,099
    Thanks
    14,760
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

    37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

    37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

    The LORD prophesied that he would open the graves of his people Israel and bring them into the land.

    Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

    27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

    27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

    27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

    27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

    When Jesus died on the cross the graves of the saints were opened. This was a fulfillment of the prophecy of Ezekiel 37:12.

    The Lord made a new covenant with Israel and one of the promises is to bring Israel into the land (Ezekiel 36:24-28). Jesus came to confirm the promises made to the fathers (Romans 15:8). Jesus would have fulfilled the new testament if Israel had received him as Messiah, the Son of God and believed the gospel of the kingdom; under the new covenant Israel would have possessed the promised land.
    Sorry, no. That was not the fulfillment of Ezekiel 37

    If this was fulfilled, those people would be in the land.

    Eze 37:14 KJV And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

    Here some more stuff that is yet to be fulfilled:

    Eze 37:24-28 KJV And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. (25) And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. (26) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. (27) My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (28) And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  4. #3
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 338 Times in 194 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    88411
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Sorry, no. That was not the fulfillment of Ezekiel 37

    If this was fulfilled, those people would be in the land.

    Eze 37:14 KJV And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

    Here some more stuff that is yet to be fulfilled:

    Eze 37:24-28 KJV And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. (25) And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. (26) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. (27) My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (28) And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
    Hello
    Yes I can see your point but the kingdom was still being offered at the time of Matthew 27 and Jesus has just died to put in force the new testament.
    Joel was fulfilled in Acts 2 at Pentecost according to Peter but the kingdom was not established yet either.

  5. #4
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,099
    Thanks
    14,760
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    Hello
    Yes I can see your point but the kingdom was still being offered at the time of Matthew 27 and Jesus has just died to put in force the new testament.
    Joel was fulfilled in Acts 2 at Pentecost according to Peter but the kingdom was not established yet either.
    So you agree that Ezekiel 37 is yet future?

    Also, some of Joel was fulfilled. Much of it still yet future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. #5
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 338 Times in 194 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    88411
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    So you agree that Ezekiel 37 is yet future?

    Also, some of Joel was fulfilled. Much of it still yet future.
    Hey Bro
    Yes I do think that

    I think there may very well be a future fulfillment as well especially since Israel does not possess all the promised land.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us