User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: Socialism in action

  1. #91
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,934 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534609
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Dinesh Souza
    - Indian-born American conservative political commentator, author, filmmaker, and conspiracy theorist, often described as a far right provocateur by media sources
    Are you racist against him because he has brown skin and was born in India?
    Are you sexist against him because he is a male?
    Do you just hate him because he doesn't kowtow to the far leftist provocateurs running your preferred media sources?
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  2. #92
    Journeyman Supremum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1499
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    CONSPIRACY THEORIST - D'Souza's films and commentary have generated considerable controversy due to their promotion of multiple conspiracy theories
    - October 2018 - in response to the mail bombing attempts on prominent Democratic politicians in D'Souza tweeted "Fake sexual assault victims. Fake refugees. Now fake mail bombs" and spread the conspiracy theory that because there was no cancellation mark on the bomb-containing packages they were not mailed
    Lol. The bombs were literally fake. They were just pipes with clocks duct taped to the side.

    HOMOSEXUALS - D'Souza faced criticism during his time at the Review for authoring an article publicly outing homosexual members of the school's Gay Straight Alliance student organization
    lol

    MOCKING SCHOOL SHOOTING VICTIMS - February 2018, D'Souza was widely criticized for a series of tweets which mocked the survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting
    - in response to a photo of survivors reacting to Florida lawmakers voting down a proposed ban on assault weapons in the aftermath of the shooting, D'Souza tweeted "worst news since their parents told them to get summer jobs"
    lol

    - D'Souza's comments were condemned by both liberal and conservative commentators. Jonathan M. Katz wrote, "Let it never be said that Dinesh does not actively root for the death of children."
    lol

    RACISM - n 1995 D'Souza published The End of Racism, in which he claimed that exaggerated claims of racism are holding back progress among African Americans in the US;
    I agree that that's silly. Black people are keeping black people from "progressing."

    - he defended the Southern slave owner, and notes that "The American slave was treated like property, which is to say, pretty well"
    Well, is he wrong?

    - Michael Bérubé referred to the book as "encyclopedic pseudoscience", calling it illogical and saying some of the book's policy recommendations are fascist; it is "so egregious an affront to human decency as to set a new and sorry standard for 'intellectual'"
    Oh noes! We have to stop the fascisms.

    COLONIALISM - ... proved to be the mechanism that brought millions of nonwhite people into the orbit of Western freedom."
    - D'Sousa holds up the European colonization of India as an example, arguing that in the long run colonization was beneficial for India, because it introduced Western law, universities, infrastructure, and the like, while effectively ending human sacrifice, the practice of Sati, and other "charming indigenous customs"
    This is unequivocally true.

    - D'Souza challenges the notion that all world cultures are equal: "D'Souza challenges one of the central premises of today's intelligentsia: The equality of all cultures
    It should be obvious to anyone with a brain that cultures and peoples are not equal.

    - Muslims do not hate America because of its freedom and democracy, but because they perceive America to be imposing its moral depravity (support for sexual licentiousness) on the world
    Fact check: true.

    - D'Souza's conclusion urges conservatives to condemn products of the American entertainment industry
    Wow wtf I love Dinesh D'Souza now.

    - book was criticized in major American newspapers and magazines and described as, among other things, "the worst nonfiction book about terrorism published by a major house since 9/11" and "a national disgrace"
    Being criticized by major American newspapers and magazines isn't a negative, in my book. It's actually a positive, and a sign you're on the right track.

    THE BIG LIE - July 2017, D'Souza published The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left
    - D'Souza asserts that the 2016 Democratic Party platform was similar to the platform of the Third Reich
    - statement received further media attention in 2018 when repeated by Donald Trump Jr with PolitiFact giving the claim its "Pants-on-Fire" rating,
    - noted that "only a small number of elements of the two platforms are clearly similar, and those are so uncontroversial that they appear in the Republican platform as well"
    Yeah, well, he's an RNC shill. What do you expect? Both sides are responsible for turning the modern political discourse into nothing but comparisons to a cartoon of a German worker's movement from 80 years ago.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Supremum For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 6th, 2019)

  4. #93
    Journeyman Supremum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1499
    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    A group of people who are without a political/economic agenda ("None at all") can be categorized about the same as bananas. They are not on the line "at all".
    They do have a political/economic agenda, though. There are many different conceptions of a stateless society that all differ in important places.
    Anyways, I'm sorry, but if you place totalitarian governments on one end of a spectrum then you have to put anarchism on the other end. This is how everyone uses this spectrum. I suspect its what you would have said two days ago.

    No government is not the same as the smallest government possible.
    No government literally is the smallest government possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yitzhak
    There is a good argument that states that anarchy is the largest government, with a per-capita ratio of government officials to citizens being closer to 1 than any other form of governance.
    There is something to be said about anarcho-tyranny being just as bad if not worse than, you know, regular tyranny. But this just sounds like word games. Democracies aren't more governmentier than monarchies because more people have a say in the process.

    But, on to the topic at hand, Nazi government was leftist
    Third Positionist.

    and leftists are more racist than rightists (Nazis being a prime example).
    Should I actually explain Nazi racial thinking again? Bro, the Nazis weren't "racist" for any value of "racist" that you'd recognize. The SS believed in this bizarre race cult that involved ancient ice giants from some sort of arctic Atlantis. They fit it in with a reconstructed neo-Odinist religion that incorporated tons of Hindu mysticism. The Allies, for example the United States, had white-only naturalization and immigration laws, enforced segregation, etc...
    The idea that we fought WW2 for some sort of noble goal like ending muh racisms or saving the Jews is revisionist nonsense that was invented in the 1960s by actual communists.

    If you want to dispute that the Nazis were on the left, you'll have to define what a socialist is first. So, please, tell us what a socialist is and we'll compare.
    You see, it's difficult to do this because anyone can come up with some economic platform and call it socialism. Or real socialism. Heck, the Nazis did that. They did, however, oppose communists(Marxists), such as the ones in Spain, on very basic philosophical grounds, such as a rejection of materialism.

  5. #94
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,514
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,242 Posts

    Blog Entries
    13
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    Lol. The bombs were literally fake. They were just pipes with clocks duct taped to the side.


    lol


    lol


    lol


    I agree that that's silly. Black people are keeping black people from "progressing."


    Well, is he wrong?


    Oh noes! We have to stop the fascisms.


    This is unequivocally true.


    It should be obvious to anyone with a brain that cultures and peoples are not equal.


    Fact check: true.


    Wow wtf I love Dinesh D'Souza now.


    Being criticized by major American newspapers and magazines isn't a negative, in my book. It's actually a positive, and a sign you're on the right track.


    Yeah, well, he's an RNC shill. What do you expect? Both sides are responsible for turning the modern political discourse into nothing but comparisons to a cartoon of a German worker's movement from 80 years ago.
    Its thought that it would be painfully obvious that the thoughts and actions of convicted felon, Dinesh Souza, would be considered reprehensible.

    Apparently "Supremum" and "genuineoriginal" have adopted him as a "role model" - which literally speaks volumes as to their lack of a "moral compass" and understanding of Christian values!

  6. #95
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,425
    Thanks
    15,031
    Thanked 22,503 Times in 12,813 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Its thought that it would be painfully obvious that the thoughts and actions of convicted felon, Dinesh Souza, would be considered reprehensible.
    Ad hominem fallacy.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (September 8th, 2019),George Affleck (September 7th, 2019)

  8. #96
    Over 1000 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1,048
    Thanked 853 Times in 545 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72901
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    Stand back for a second. Suppose that some clinic in the U.S. that performs these operations, or that gives puberty blockers to kids, had the same thing done to it. What do you think their motivations were?
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    By the word, 'their' (in "their motivations"), whom do you mean? Do you mean people who are morally repulsed by, and hate, the wicked deeds of such a clinic, or, instead, do you mean amoral, God-despising people who, not repulsed, couldn't care less whether or not the clinic's practices are evil and deleterious to mankind, and do not hate such practices?
    You have not answered this underlined question. If you cannot answer, or refuse to answer, this question, then why should you expect me to say, "Ah, yes! Their motivation must have been their moral repulsion to the clinic's evil practice!" And, if you would answer my question by saying, "By the word 'their', I mean people who are morally repulsed by, and hate, the wicked deeds of such a clinic", then, why would you even need to ask me, "What do you think their motivations were?" Obviously, people who are morally repulsed by such deeds would be motivated to take action against such deeds by their moral repulsion to such deeds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    I'm referring to the people who took the action. That's it.
    Why is that? Why are you not referring to the people who ordered the action? Or, would you say that no one ordered the action--that it was, instead, spontaneous action taken by rank and file Nazis, on their own initiative, and ordered by none of the Nazi leaders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    Without any other information, what is your first, naive belief about their motivations?
    Supposing that, by your word "their", you're only referring to some of the rank and file SA men, here, and not the higher-ups leading them, have I not already answered this question? Here:

    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    For my part--supposing (at least for the sake of argument) that the SA did, in fact, burn such infinitely burn-worthy, vile, damnable, Satanic trash-- I could sooner imagine that such incineration would have been more or less eagerly, dutifully carried out by lower level SA men out of real conscience and natural repulsion than that it would have been spearheaded by SA leadership on account of any moral concern, or hatred for the heinous nature of the tinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Suppose two thugs just robbed a bank. On the run, while laying low, one of the robbers kills the other. To ask what you just asked is like asking: "What, other than hatred for the evil done by the one robber, could possibly be the motive of his partner in crime, the other robber, in killing him?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    The thing is, I can think of other motivations for this pretty easily, greed being one. In fact, with no other information, my first instinct would be to assume it was greed.
    Yeah, and that's exactly why the question I devised is quite like the question you asked: it is possible, nay, easy, to conceive of more than just one, realistic motivation to account for the deed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    What is your first instinct in the scenario I laid out, and why is it such a difficult question to answer in relation to the SA?
    In relation to whom? In relation to the rank and file, order-following SA men, or, instead, in relation to the Nazi leadership?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    The party leadership made no qualms about their hatred for this kind of degeneracy.
    Sure, because no power-seeking political party leadership ever lies about anything, right? And, certainly, the heads of the Nazi party weren't about to try to propagandize anybody so as to gain followers, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    If not moral repulsion, what could have been their motivations?
    Um, maybe to dish out some powerful, "plain folk" propaganda for the consumption of those who actually were morally repulsed by such vileness?

    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Because nobody has ever gained public trust and political power by hiding their motives, right? Or, were the Nazis, somehow, uniquely incapable of such perfidy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    The Nazis weren't uniquely anything.
    So then, you admit that the Nazi chiefs were not uniquely incapable of such perfidy, which admission entails that the Nazi chiefs were capable of such perfidy. That they were capable of doing, and saying, whatever they deemed necessary to do, and to say, so as to acquire, and maintain, political power.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    People have trouble parsing the motivations behind the growth of the party because they have this Hollywood-created caricature of Hitler burned into their brain.
    I suppose, then, that you recommend people to ditch Hollywood productions, and to start watching only, say, films by Leni Riefenstahl, instead, so that they will, thereby, acquire an accurate view of Hitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    There was a lot more to their rise than just "inflation happened and magic mustache man brainwashed everybody."
    Oh, I certainly do not doubt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Is fascism big on the rule of law? Are fascists qua fascists big on the rule of law? Or, are you just saying that some, though not necessarily all, fascists happen to be big on the rule of law?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    In short, yes.
    If you are saying "yes" to both questions ("Are fascists qua fascists big on the rule of law?" AND "[Do] some, though not necessarily all, fascists happen to be big on the rule of law?"), then you are contradicting your one "yes" by your other "yes", and vice versa. If it is true that fascists qua fascists are big on the rule of law, then it is false that not necessarily all fascists are big on the rule of law, and vice versa.

    Oh, and, the rule of what law would you say fascism is big on?

  9. #97
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,095
    Thanked 1,934 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    534609
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Its thought that it would be painfully obvious that the thoughts and actions of convicted felon, Dinesh Souza, would be considered reprehensible.
    Are you aware of the facts behind the conviction, including the way the prosecution threw the book at Dinesh D'Souza to get him to take a plea agreement?
    Our "Justice" system is reprehensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Apparently "Supremum" and "genuineoriginal" have adopted him as a "role model" - which literally speaks volumes as to their lack of a "moral compass" and understanding of Christian values!
    You seem to be lacking a "moral compass" yourself, so how could you possibly be able to understand another person's moral compass?
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    George Affleck (September 10th, 2019)

  11. #98
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,408
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 789 Times in 531 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    179458
    Its thought that it would be painfully obvious that the thoughts and actions of convicted felon, Dinesh Souza, would be considered reprehensible.
    Why? Dinesh owned up to his mistake in court, said he shouldn't have done it. Sounds like an honest man to me. Now let's examine the Democrats who have done the same exact thing and Democrat prosecutors allowed them to skate without even a fine. They just walked free.

    John Edward soliciting millions from campaign donors to hide his mistress and her child from his wife who was dying of cancer at the time. And you think d Sousa is evil for trying to help a friend win an election? https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john...ry?id=16561020

    How about Hillary's campaign finance law violations? They are far worse than Dinesh ever thought of doing. https://theintercept.com/2016/10/18/...-coordination/

    How about the Clinton's ripping of the Haitians for billions of dollars after the big earthquake there? https://www.wnd.com/2016/08/the-clin...imes-in-haiti/
    “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    “One and God make a majority.”
    ― Frederick Douglass

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 10th, 2019),George Affleck (September 10th, 2019)

  13. #99
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,408
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 789 Times in 531 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    179458
    Here is a very interesting article from the Sacramento Bee, a newspaper in the capital city of California. It notes that California, which is more socialist than any other state in the nation, has the highest poverty level of any state in the nation. This is exactly what happens under socialism. The USSR, Red China, Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea, etc... had the lowest per capita income of any nations on earth. Their poverty rates were extremely high. China's poverty rates have dropped some and their flat line economy is improving as they move more towards a capitalist economy, but the average person there is still very poor. Their per capita income is still dreadful.

    California, typically one of the most prosperous and progressive states, is also one of the poorest.


    That’s according to new data from the US Census Bureau that offers insight into the economic status of people in California and the nation. The annual release of survey data measures income, poverty and insurance status.


    For California, that means another reminder that the state’s poverty rate of 18.2 percent is exceeded only by Washington DC, which has a poverty rate of 18.4 percent when you account for the cost of living. It accounts for about 1 in every six residents.


    The state’s poverty rate in 2018 was about 5 percentage points higher than the national average of 13.2 percent, using the “supplemental poverty measure” that accounts for the cost of living in each state, namely food, clothing, housing and utilities. Only states in the Deep South like Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida came close with poverty rates floating around 16 percent.
    The rest of the article is found here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/californ...234920662.html
    “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    “One and God make a majority.”
    ― Frederick Douglass

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us