User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They shall never perish ! The security of Christs Sheep !

Thanks
    Thanked 3,221 Times in 3,120 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scripture states that believers in Christ shall be confirmed unto the end 1 Cor 1:7-9

7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Its based upon Gods Faithfulness not the believers !
    Last edited by beloved57; August 12th, 2019 at 08:28 AM.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Scripture states that believers in Christ shall be confirmed unto the end 1 Cor 1:7-9

[FONT="]7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:[/FONT]
    [FONT="]8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Its based upon Gods Faithfulness not the believers ![/FONT]

Exactly Brother, it is God's Faithfulness alone that shall confirm unto the end all His Elect or Sheep Christ gave Himself for; those who were Chosen in Him to be holy and blameless Eph. 1:4, until that Great Day of our Lord Jesus Christ !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (August 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another passage which states God will preserve His People blameless until the Coming of the Lord. Its based upon His Faithfulness, not the creatures.

1 Thess 5:22-24

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another passage which states God will preserve His People blameless until the Coming of the Lord. Its based upon His Faithfulness, not the creatures.

1 Thess 5:22-24

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Those Christ died for to Save from their sins Mat. 1:21, they are preserved blameless, kept by God from falling away Phil. 1:6.

So to them He isn't an angry God, but the God of Peace through Christ's Blood shed on their behalf [Sheep] John 10:11,15, and are kept from falling away Jude 1:24; preserved faultless / blameless 1 Thes. 5:23 to that Blessed Day of His Coming, based on Him Faithfully shedding His Blood Rom. 5:9-10 for them.

So being preserved blameless has absolutely nothing at all to do with the creatures exercising their own faith; accepting Christ, etc., for these are merely works of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (August 12th, 2019)

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 782 Posts

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John 10:15,27-30

They whom Christ died for [His Sheep] they are secure and can never perish. This security mainly lies in the fact that Christ laid down His Life for them. No one Christ died for can ever perish. See Christ paid their sin debt to Gods Law and Justice, so they must have Eternal life.

Now even though Christs Sheep will become believers in their lifetime, they are no less secure from perishing as unbelievers as they are when they become believers.

Yes even as unbelievers its not possible for them to perish, for they are preserved in Christ until they are called Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Before being called by the preaching of the Gospel, they are preserved. The word téreó means:

I keep, guard, observe, watch over.

Their physical lives as sheep gone astray, enemies of God by nature, they are preserved unto their Gospel conversion unto Faith !
    Hi and sheep are not very smart !!

Like many you will never see that CONTEXT MATTERS !!

Why in John 10:28 is the Greek verb MAN PLUCK / HARPAZO out of Christ in the Greek FUTURE TENSE ??

Calvinist never will see A NEAR VIEW or a FAR VIEW and when explained are also BLINDED !!

We ARE/ESTE a verb in the Greek PRESENT TENSE which Calvinist will never see !!

In the B O C all believers are part of Christ and many are PART of Christ HAND and and will never can be PLUCKED OUT for the B O C IS THE HAND !!

dan p

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sheep are secure because they are being kept by/in the Power of God through faith unto an inheritance that is being reserved specifically for them. An inheritance prepared for them from the foundation. 1 Pet 1:3-5; Matt 25:34

Charles Spurgeon !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (August 24th, 2019)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sheep are secure because they are being kept by/in the Power of God through faith unto an inheritance that is being reserved specifically for them. An inheritance prepared for them from the foundation. 1 Pet 1:3-5; Matt 25:34
    Are not Jesus's sheep secure in Jesus because they are His sheep?
    I heard someone saying His sheep can stray. But the verses in John suggest
    His sheep listen and follow Jesus so do not stray. If you stray you probably
    do not know Jesus.

It struck me I have witnessed to some who literally were open and loved Jesus
    while others seemed along for the ride, and liked the implications but did not
    care for the cost or the details.

I see Jesus's words as words of encouragement to those who listen and follow.
    I know you, you love me, and I love you, so Amen, I will keep you and protect
    you. Praise the Lord.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

followhim

Are not Jesus's sheep secure in Jesus because they are His sheep?
    Yes even before they become believers and start following Him they are secure !
    Last edited by beloved57; August 22nd, 2019 at 06:35 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (August 24th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believers in Christ are the Just, and the promise to the just is a path of light unto the perfect day Prov 4:18

18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

This coincides with 1 Cor 1:8

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believers in Christ are the Just, and the promise to the just is a path of light unto the perfect day Prov 4:18

18 [FONT="]But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

This coincides with 1 Cor 1:8

[/FONT]
    8 [FONT="]Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.[/FONT]

Amen Brother, the Promise to all the Just or Righteous Rom. 5:19; the Chosen in Christ Jesus Eph. 1:4, is that they all [The Sheep] shall never perish, but be confirmed to the end 1 Cor. 1:8, the Perfect Day Prov. 4:18: That is the Day of Christ, by God's Grace given them in Him 1 Cor. 1:4-8.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (August 24th, 2019)

Thread Information