User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: All for whom Christ died will be reconciled to God !

  1. #16
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 2,854 Posts

    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147750
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    Agreed!

    But Christ died for those predestined by Him for salvation, alone

    Jesus Christ did not suffer nor remit the sins of reprobate unbelievers who reject and spit upon the reality and accomplishments of His death.
    Yes!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

    Nang (July 25th, 2019)

  3. #17
    TOL Subscriber Nang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,922
    Thanks
    1,260
    Thanked 2,291 Times in 1,648 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277392
    It comes down to this:

    What makes the death of Christ efficacious?

    His purposes & promise or sinners’ choices?
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

    " The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

    "If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

  4. #18
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,480
    Thanks
    794
    Thanked 3,126 Times in 3,025 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    49943
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    It comes down to this:

    What makes the death of Christ efficacious?

    His purposes & promise or sinners’ choices?
    His purposes, promise, power. People fail to understand and believe that Christ and Him Crucified is also the Power of God 1 Cor 1:18,24

    For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

    But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nang (August 16th, 2019)

  6. #19
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,644
    Thanks
    2,824
    Thanked 942 Times in 909 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    26547
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    His purposes, promise, power. People fail to understand and believe that Christ and Him Crucified is also the Power of God 1 Cor 1:18,24

    [FONT="]For the preaching [/FONT]of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

    But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

    Exactly Brother. In order for the Gospel [Christ and Him Crucified] to be the Power of God, the Spirit and Preaching must be combined, or else it comes in word only:

    1 Thes. 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.


    For it's the Spirit that gives the Word of the Gospel spoken of in 1 Cor. 1:18, 24 its Power to work effectually in them that are Believing Gal. 5:22:

    1 Thes. 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard Prov. 20:12; Eph. 1:13 of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

    So the Word of God must be accompanied by the Spirit's Work in the one who is already Saved.

    2 Thes. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  7. #20
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,480
    Thanks
    794
    Thanked 3,126 Times in 3,025 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    49943
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Exactly Brother. In order for the Gospel [Christ and Him Crucified] to be the Power of God, the Spirit and Preaching must be combined, or else it comes in word only:

    1 Thes. 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.


    For it's the Spirit that gives the Word of the Gospel spoken of in 1 Cor. 1:18, 24 its Power to work effectually in them that are Believing Gal. 5:22:

    1 Thes. 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard Prov. 20:12; Eph. 1:13 of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

    So the Word of God must be accompanied by the Spirit's Work in the one who is already Saved.

    2 Thes. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
    Exactly Sister !

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (August 15th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us