User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 186

Thread: Trump: Racist Firestorm

  1. #166
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,403
    Thanks
    1,922
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,372 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    530131
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Attacking the "Squad," 4 congressional women of color, may be "red meat" for this President's "white" base but it makes it abundantly clear that Trump is content with his 40% of the electorate and has no intension of broadening his appeal to visible minorities, urban voters, the college educated and women!
    It is amazing how the Democratic party's white leaders keep hiding behind the four stooges.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  2. #167
    Over 2500 post club Alate_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 259 Times in 199 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    99308
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    You mean they were like the Irish were?

    Your analysis of the blacks in America is incomplete if it does not take into account what the Irish did to change and what the blacks in America refuse to do.
    The Irish were able to do it because the Irish have this amazing ability to blend in with the rest of people of European ancestry due to lack of melanin. Black people, by definition, have a much higher amount of melanin in their skin so that no matter how much assimilating they might try to do, the white population will still consider them "other". The fact I had to point this out to you, shows how little thinking you've done on this issue.
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

    Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

    The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

    What Darwin Never Knew

  3. #168
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,215
    Thanks
    4,614
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 7,576 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147795
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    The Irish were able to do it because the Irish have this amazing ability to blend in with the rest of people of European ancestry due to lack of melanin.


    paddies stand out like a sore thumb, especially first and second generation paddies, with language, customs and appearance.



  4. #169
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,403
    Thanks
    1,922
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,372 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    530131
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    The Irish were able to do it because the Irish have this amazing ability to blend in with the rest of people of European ancestry due to lack of melanin.
    No, that is not how the Irish were able to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Black people, by definition, have a much higher amount of melanin in their skin so that no matter how much assimilating they might try to do, the white population will still consider them "other". The fact I had to point this out to you, shows how little thinking you've done on this issue.
    You are using typical racist arguments by claiming that Black people are inferior to white people because of the color of their skin.
    That makes you a racist.

    No, the real difference is that the Irish refused to give in to Victim Mentality and kept fighting (you may have heard the term "Fighting Irish") to make their lives better instead of giving up and blaming others for their problems.
    This is also seen in the Chinese Americans who faced the same type of discrimination as the Irish and Blacks, but have fought so well that they are now being discriminated against by Harvard as a privileged race.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  5. #170
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,259
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 2,306 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    417219
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    No, that is not how the Irish were able to do it.

    You are using typical racist arguments by claiming that Black people are inferior to white people because of the color of their skin.
    She's pointing out that while an Irish person can blend in with other whites, a black person will always be obviously black, and therefore easy to target. You know that. Why even try to say otherwise?

    That makes you a racist.
    Realizing that blacks look different from whites is "racist?" I think we just found your confusion.

    No, the real difference is that the Irish refused to give in to Victim Mentality and kept fighting
    So your argument is that the civil rights movement never happened? Blacks had it harder, but Martin Luther King showed the way to win. And ultimately, blacks fought their way into the mainstream. I find it very puzzling why you're willing to give the Irish credit for persevering in that struggle, but not black people for doing the same thing. Be careful about throwing the word "racist" around.
    This message is hidden because ...

  6. #171
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,403
    Thanks
    1,922
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,372 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    530131
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    She's pointing out
    Alate_One is a "she"?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    She's pointing out that while an Irish person can blend in with other whites, a black person will always be obviously black, and therefore easy to target. You know that. Why even try to say otherwise?
    I responded that an asian will always be obviously asian, and that the asians overcame the same obstacles that the blacks face to the point that now asians are considered to be privileged instead of victims.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Realizing that blacks look different from whites is "racist?" I think we just found your confusion.
    Claiming that their skin color is the cause of all their problems is "racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Martin Luther King showed the way to win. I find it very puzzling why you're willing to give the Irish credit for persevering in that struggle, but not black people for doing the same thing.
    I also give the Chinese credit.
    However, the black Americans that have followed the lead of Martin Luther King are now called "oreos" and "uncle Toms". They are accused of not being black enough because they refuse to accept the common notion that blacks are permanent victims because of their skin color and need special privileges to make up for their victim status.

    I have a lot of respect for people like Booker T. Washington, Martin Luther King Jr., Clarence Thomas, Candace Owens, and Thomas Sowell.
    I have no respect for people like Colin Kaepernick, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Jeremiah Wright.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  7. #172
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,215
    Thanks
    4,614
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 7,576 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147795
    Oh dear

    He's red again

  8. #173
    Over 2500 post club Alate_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 259 Times in 199 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    99308
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post


    paddies stand out like a sore thumb, especially first and second generation paddies, with language, customs and appearance.
    Really this is your argument? Someone's racist drawings to try and make the Irish LOOK black (because that makes them worse?) Did you even read the caption of that image?
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

    Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

    The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

    What Darwin Never Knew

  9. #174
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,215
    Thanks
    4,614
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 7,576 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147795
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Really this is your argument? Someone's racist drawings to try and make the Irish LOOK black (because that makes them worse?) Did you even read the caption of that image?
    So you don't believe we all came from Africa?

  10. #175
    Over 2500 post club Alate_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 259 Times in 199 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    99308
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    So you don't believe we all came from Africa?
    All humans ultimately have their ancestry in Africa, some more recently than others. All humans originate from the same small ancestral population, probably near modern day South Africa. Human differences in DNA are smaller than what are found in most other animal species. And there's far more genetic diversity in Africa than any other part of the world. This is only part of what makes racism stupid.

    But the people that wrote the caption for your image appear to have thought that Irish came from Africa but the English did not or came much longer ago. That's a common racist trope. Europeans (or some subset of them) were thought by many people in the past to be created by God but people from Africa and other undesirable groups of people were assumed to have evolved from lower primates, or be somehow closer to them. And if you think this idea is in the past I had someone tell me this only a few years ago.

    And no, evolution does not say any group of humans is closer to primate ancestors than any others.
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

    Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

    The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

    What Darwin Never Knew

  11. #176
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,215
    Thanks
    4,614
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 7,576 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147795
    Regardless, it was foolish of you to suggest that Irish immigrants could blend into white society when the record tells a different tale.

    Yes, black people have darker skin. So what?

    Why does that give them a license to be lazy and engage in criminal behaviors?

  12. #177
    Over 2500 post club Alate_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 259 Times in 199 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    99308
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Regardless, it was foolish of you to suggest that Irish immigrants could blend into white society when the record tells a different tale.

    Yes, black people have darker skin. So what?

    Why does that give them a license to be lazy and engage in criminal behaviors?
    Why do you assert that all black people are lazy and have criminal behavior?
    That's what people said about the Irish as well. Do you think Irish people were actually lazy and criminals? Are Irish people still lazy criminals today? Do you realize that's a charge made against pretty much every immigrant group that is classed as "undesirable"?
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

    Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

    The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

    What Darwin Never Knew

  13. #178
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,087
    Thanks
    14,748
    Thanked 22,112 Times in 12,549 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Why do you assert that all black people are lazy and have criminal behavior?
    He didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    ok doser (September 12th, 2019)

  15. #179
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,403
    Thanks
    1,922
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,372 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    530131
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Why do you assert that all black people are lazy and have criminal behavior?
    Leftists do that all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Do you think Irish people were actually lazy and criminals? Are Irish people still lazy criminals today?
    I was taught that the Irish took on whatever jobs they could find because they were not lazy.

    Irish Heritage with Police Officers and Firefighters

    Following the great potato famine in Ireland during the 18th century many Irish immigrated to the United States of America, bringing their traditions with them.Work for these immigrants was often very difficult to find. Factories and shops displayed signs reading “NINA” meaning No Irish Need Apply. The only jobs they could get were the civil service jobs that were dirty, dangerous or both — firefighters and police officers — jobs that no one else wanted. Both of these careers were considered undesirable due to low pay, few benefits, and poor working conditions. The Irish gladly accepted these careers because it was a way to become a part of mainstream America, and it was a way to give back to their new country.

    If the Irish really are criminals, then you would probably find that the Irish American music glorifies criminals and puts them up as role models for other Irish Americans.
    But, that is not what is found.

    HOW THE IRISH AND THE SCOTS INFLUENCED AMERICAN MUSIC

    Singing sorrowfully about the heartbreaks we suffer in life may not have been a distinctively Irish or Scottish creation, but Irish and Scottish immigrants certainly brought a tradition of sob stories with them when they showed up on the shores of Amerikay. Subject matter included longing for love (see Black Is The Colour), losing children (see The Wife of Usher’s Well) and leaving behind a troubled home only to encounter new troubles abroad (see By The Hush).


    Is there an identifiable demographic of Americans that do glorify being criminals in their music?

    IMPACTS OF RAP MUSIC ON YOUTHS

    'Gangsta rap' is a hip-hop sub genre that focuses primarily on the negative aspects of inner city life. The lyrics often glorify criminal activity and degrade women. This genre of hip-hop has been a source of tremendous controversy and is often cited as the cause of the increase in violence within communities. This is particularly true amongst black youth as they think its cool to act what is said in the lyrics. According to federal statistics cited by the "Charlottesville Daily Progress," homicide is the leading cause of death for black men between the ages of 15 and 34.Many gangsta hip-hop artists justify the connotations of their music by claiming they are only retelling the experiences of their lives on the streets when they were growing up.

    The promotion of drug use is consistently found through rap verses and often glorified. Rappers fail to show the negatives and the consequences of using and doing them. You’ll hear in multiple rap songs how they hustled in the corner to gain streetcred and eventually become wealthy and live “large” as they would say. Young and poor youths from the ghetto are the most impressionable. If he can do it, why can’t I. The music videos only exhibit the women cars and houses, who wouldn’t want that. 2008 article on sciencedaily.com found that drug references in rap songs had increased sixfold since 1979. The same study also found that drug references had evolved from cautionary tales to stories that glamorised illegal drug use.

    There are a number of rappers that are quite egotistical and many rap songs can be basically be boiled down to "I'm the best, toughest, and hardest. Don't agree with me, I'll prove it"?
    The scary thing is that this mentality seems to be contagious and when combined with the glorification of violence, we have people murdering other people for inconsequential slights. We've gone from "words will never hurt me" to "stick and stones may break my bones, but words will cause me to get a bunch of friends, drive by your house, pepper it will bullets, kill you, maim your girlfriend, kill the little girl playing out front, and get myself imprisoned
    throughout the formative years of my adult life so I have destroyed whatever opportunity my life may have held. "


    Shouldn't we believe what the Black Americans say about themselves in their music?
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  16. #180
    Over 2500 post club Alate_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 259 Times in 199 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    99308
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Shouldn't we believe what the Black Americans say about themselves in their music?
    Should we believe what white people say about themselves in their music? Many metal bands sing about their hatred of parents or girlfriends. Or maybe we should figure out that no one black person speaks for the whole race any more than one white person speaks for all whites.

    There's a culture of out of wedlock births and drug use in many poor rural white people, but we don't assume that every white person or every poor white person does these things. When you ascribe problems or superior qualities to an entire race of people, that, my friend, is what defines racism.
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

    Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

    The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

    What Darwin Never Knew

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us