User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 84

Thread: Matthew 26:28

  1. #61
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2179
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    That's simply not true and unsupportable from the Bible.
    Are you saying that Matt 26:28 is not a new covenant for me a gentile but is only to Israel? I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what you're saying so forgive me.

  2. #62
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,734
    Thanks
    14,146
    Thanked 21,714 Times in 12,274 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147618

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    Are you saying that Matt 26:28 is not a new covenant for me a gentile but is only to Israel? I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what you're saying so forgive me.
    The new covenant is between the same two parties as the old covenant: God and Israel.

    The body of Christ is something completely different and unrelated to the covenants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 10th, 2019)

  4. #63
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2179
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The "kingdom come" where God's will is done on earth as it is in heaven is not here now.

    When God's will is done on earth, it will not be the corrupt mess that you see today.
    That prayer was for those that believed in an earthly kingdom but I to can can say it if I believe in a Spiritual kingdom on earth in Christ for all who believe in Him. I am incorruptible in Christ Jesus and set at the right hand of God in His kingdom in Christ. Christ is the embodiment of God's kingdom and is in all that believe in Him on this earth. I in Him and He in me right now. You can't see it because it is a Spiritual kingdom and the glorified Christ is it's head. Maybe you just don't like the word "kingdom" when it refers to His body.

  5. #64
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2179
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The new covenant is between the same two parties as the old covenant: God and Israel.

    The body of Christ is something completely different and unrelated to the covenants.
    How can you say that His body is unrelated to His (God's) covenants. Christ is the fulfillment of the covenants of God. Therefore must be related at least in someway.

  6. #65
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    1,096
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 639 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    538358
    There is no other remission of sins in any part of history other than the blood of Christ. Abraham was saved the same way we are, by faith. He had a little light, Moses had more, the prophets more, we have even more light. Heb 11 is a list of those who believed God's promise of redemption through faith and it was counted to them for righteousness.

    It is new to the world in that it had not been heard before, not because it was not in effect. And it was the true covenant of God.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    If it had not been heard before how could it possibly have been "in effect"? New means "new" not a refresher...it's new in the sense of performance and none could have its benefits or even understand it because it had not been revealed. It is definitely a new covenant that supersedes all covenants before it.
    God will hold to all His covenants but the end result will be the fulfillment of the last covenant for all.
    Your perspective is human instead of Divine. The Word of God is His; not ours. Salvation belongs to Him not to us. When the Bible says that Jesus is the lamb slain from before the foundation of the world it is meant that the decision to send Christ into the world to save us from sin was made long before it was necessary; based on His foreknowledge. This is the basis upon which we know that our salvation is secure; because what God says He will do, He will do.

    Consider these verses:

    1Pe 1:19-20KJV But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

    Eternal life was made possible by grace, through faith, long before the world was made. This is the one and only true gospel of the kingdom which was preached by Jesus and explained by Paul.
    Eph 1:4KJV According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
    Tit 1:2KJV In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

    It is not new in the sense of performance. It is new in the sense that it had been hidden from the view of most and was now being exposed, in God's timing, at the appearance of His Son. Jhn 8:58KJV The word revelation means the unveiling of the truth that has always existed. The truth of redemption had been hidden behind the veil of the temple. God's mercy has always existed.

    And yet the gospel was first preached in Gen 3:15KJV to Adam and by the prophets many times. This is how Jesus is able to say; "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." Jhn 5:39KJV

    Psalm 2:11-12KJV, Proverbs 30:4KJV, Isaiah 9:6-7KJV

    Renewal in the biblical sense is not to create something that never existed before. It is the recapturing of that which is, or is in danger of, lapsing into obscurity. Col 3:10KJV, Psa 51:10KJV, Lam 5:21KJV
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

  7. #66
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    1,096
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 639 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    538358
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The new covenant is between the same two parties as the old covenant: God and Israel.

    The body of Christ is something completely different and unrelated to the covenants.
    Untrue.

    Rom 3:22KJV
    Rom 10:12KJV
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

  8. #67
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2179
    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    There is no other remission of sins in any part of history other than the blood of Christ. Abraham was saved the same way we are, by faith. He had a little light, Moses had more, the prophets more, we have even more light. Heb 11 is a list of those who believed God's promise of redemption through faith and it was counted to them for righteousness.

    It is new to the world in that it had not been heard before, not because it was not in effect. And it was the true covenant of God.



    Your perspective is human instead of Divine. The Word of God is His; not ours. Salvation belongs to Him not to us. When the Bible says that Jesus is the lamb slain from before the foundation of the world it is meant that the decision to send Christ into the world to save us from sin was made long before it was necessary; based on His foreknowledge. This is the basis upon which we know that our salvation is secure; because what God says He will do, He will do.

    Consider these verses:

    1Pe 1:19-20KJV But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

    Eternal life was made possible by grace, through faith, long before the world was made. This is the one and only true gospel of the kingdom which was preached by Jesus and explained by Paul.
    Eph 1:4KJV According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
    Tit 1:2KJV In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

    It is not new in the sense of performance. It is new in the sense that it had been hidden from the view of most and was now being exposed, in God's timing, at the appearance of His Son. Jhn 8:58KJV The word revelation means the unveiling of the truth that has always existed. The truth of redemption had been hidden behind the veil of the temple. God's mercy has always existed.

    And yet the gospel was first preached in Gen 3:15KJV to Adam and by the prophets many times. This is how Jesus is able to say; "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." Jhn 5:39KJV

    Psalm 2:11-12KJV, Proverbs 30:4KJV, Isaiah 9:6-7KJV

    Renewal in the biblical sense is not to create something that never existed before. It is the recapturing of that which is, or is in danger of, lapsing into obscurity. Col 3:10KJV, Psa 51:10KJV, Lam 5:21KJV
    It was "new" as written not a renewal as you say. All before was a shadow of things to come.
    You said " Your perspective is human instead of Divine".
    I would say my perspective is Spiritual based on the simple words of Christ Jesus and yours so far appear as mystical in a secular sense.

  9. #68
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    1,096
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 639 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    538358
    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    It was "new" as written not a renewal as you say. All before was a shadow of things to come.
    You said " Your perspective is human instead of Divine".
    I would say my perspective is Spiritual based on the simple words of Christ Jesus and yours so far appear as mystical in a secular sense.
    Ok - so your opinion trumps scripture.
    Got it.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

    k0de (July 10th, 2019)

  11. #69
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    1,096
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 639 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    538358
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The "kingdom come" where God's will is done on earth as it is in heaven is not here now.

    When God's will is done on earth, it will not be the corrupt mess that you see today.
    That's a personal opinion that you believe to be true based on subjective reasoning.
    God's will is being done on earth. There is good and there is evil. And it is all being dealt with, second by second, according to God's perfect redemptive plan. He uses the evil to heap coals of judgement on the heads of those who participate in evil. And He uses the good to accumulate an exceeding and eternal weight of glory for those who participate in good.

    No kingdom on earth is without those two things. When we reach heaven, the evil is left behind and only the good remains.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

  12. #70
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,734
    Thanks
    14,146
    Thanked 21,714 Times in 12,274 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147618

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    That prayer was for those that believed in an earthly kingdom but I to can can say it if I believe in a Spiritual kingdom on earth in Christ for all who believe in Him. I am incorruptible in Christ Jesus and set at the right hand of God in His kingdom in Christ. Christ is the embodiment of God's kingdom and is in all that believe in Him on this earth. I in Him and He in me right now. You can't see it because it is a Spiritual kingdom and the glorified Christ is it's head. Maybe you just don't like the word "kingdom" when it refers to His body.
    You're just making things up.

    That prayer was given to the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
    That will happen when the Lord returns to establish His kingdom on the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 10th, 2019)

  14. #71
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,734
    Thanks
    14,146
    Thanked 21,714 Times in 12,274 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147618

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    How can you say that His body is unrelated to His (God's) covenants.
    Because that's the fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    Christ is the fulfillment of the covenants of God. Therefore must be related at least in someway.
    You are a Bible masher that is not paying close attention to what God says that He is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 10th, 2019)

  16. #72
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,734
    Thanks
    14,146
    Thanked 21,714 Times in 12,274 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147618

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    Untrue.

    Rom 3:22KJV
    Rom 10:12KJV
    You are taking those completely out of CONTEXT. They have NOTHING to do with the old and new covenants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  17. #73
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,734
    Thanks
    14,146
    Thanked 21,714 Times in 12,274 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147618

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    That's a personal opinion that you believe to be true based on subjective reasoning.
    God's will is being done on earth. There is good and there is evil. And it is all being dealt with, second by second, according to God's perfect redemptive plan. He uses the evil to heap coals of judgement on the heads of those who participate in evil. And He uses the good to accumulate an exceeding and eternal weight of glory for those who participate in good.

    No kingdom on earth is without those two things. When we reach heaven, the evil is left behind and only the good remains.
    You believe a fairy take GA.

    Please start taking the Bible seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 10th, 2019)

  19. #74
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2179
    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    Ok - so your opinion trumps scripture.
    Got it.
    Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

    But you said..."It is new to the world in that it had not been heard before, not because it was not in effect" which is obviously wrong according to scripture.

  20. #75
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    1,096
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 639 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    538358
    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

    But you said..."It is new to the world in that it had not been heard before, not because it was not in effect" which is obviously wrong according to scripture.
    Thank you for replying coherently and with reasonable arguments.
    I thought you were just being flippant like so many others. My apologies.

    There are many references to God's plan of redemption by Jesus' blood being in the mind of God before creation. This certifies it as God's one and only over-arching plan. And God is not restricted by time as we are.

    As you have pointed out, the first testament, the physical testament of the worldly sanctuary, requiring gifts and washings and animals, etc. were shadows of things to come as noted in Heb 9:9KJV. These things testified, not to a testament to come, but to the true testament already in effect.

    It is exactly because the things of the first testament were shadows, visual aids, figures of the true testament, that we know that the true testament of salvation by Christ's blood was God's plan from the beginning. Heb. 9:24KJV

    The gospel of the true testament has been preached since creation (Gen 3:15KJV) But it fell, generally, on deaf ears. They could not hear it because of sin. There were exceptions: Abraham, Moses, etc. So when I say it is important to have a Godly, or heavenly, perspective I mean to point out that the good news of grace by faith in Christ was not new to the Godhead; it was new to the world in general.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us