User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 380

Thread: Works of Law and Works of Grace, Is That Biblical?

  1. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4333
    I really like this so i will quote it again..

    “The Proper Attitude of Man Under Grace:

    “To believe, and to consent to be loved while unworthy, is the great secret.
    “To refuse to make ‘resolutions’ and ‘vows’; for that is to trust in the flesh.
    “To expect to be blessed, though realizing more and more lack of worth…
    “To rely on God’s chastening [child training] hand as a mark of His kindness…

    “Things Which Gracious Souls Discover:

    “To ‘hope to be better’ [hence acceptable] is to fail to see yourself in Christ only.
    “To be disappointed with yourself, is to have believed in yourself.
    “To be discouraged is unbelief,—as to God’s purpose and plan of blessing for you.
    “To be proud, is to be blind! For we have no standing before God, in ourselves.
    “The lack of Divine blessing, therefore, comes from unbelief, and not from failure of devotion…
    “To preach devotion first, and blessing second, is to reverse God’s order, and preach law, not grace. The Law made man’s blessing depend on devotion; Grace confers undeserved, unconditional blessing: our devotion may follow, but does not always do so,—in proper measure.”

    It took me to the cross again and brought out emotions I haven't felt in a while. Thanks

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cntrysner For Your Post:

    Clete (July 25th, 2019)

  3. #47
    Over 2000 post club way 2 go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,260
    Thanks
    2,248
    Thanked 1,505 Times in 846 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    422760
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I recommend getting the audio series, that way you can listen to it without having to dedicate X amount of hours to just reading, you can do other things while listening.

    I got the audio series because I literally do nothing but drive for work (95% of my job), so I was able to listen through the whole Plot seminar while rolling down the road.
    @turbosixx, I recommend you read or listen to "The Plot: An Overview of the Bible is the Key to its Details" by Bob Enyart.

    You can find the first chapter and links to the store links for both the book and seminar on audio versions here:

    https://kgov.com/plot
    I have the book and audio series
    really liked the audio series for the drive to and from work.

    sample 1st hour
    https://kgov.com/bel/20141204

    @turbosixx

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 4th, 2019)

  5. #48
    TOL Subscriber turbosixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,032
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 340 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    134767
    I know how you feel. I feel the exact same way. I wish I could say the right thing to help you see. I'm afraid we are so far apart it's near impossible. Especially on a forum.
    I would suggest you haven't totally got me figured out. If I remember right you only had 2 or 3 out of the 5. Don't forget, I'm a dispensationalist.


    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    How, for example, can anything be required of Abraham when he wasn't even conscious when God made a covenant with him? There was no affirmation to give, never mind any obligations to agree to take on because he was asleep!
    I believe Abram did have a work to do. It was necessary for him to sleep with Sarai in order for this covenant to be fulfilled. God did what Abram and Sarai could not do and they did what they could do.



    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    What you want is to think that you play some role in your salvation beyond merely accepting it as a free gift and you will turn anything upside down and backwards in order to prevent yourself from SOUNDING like your condoning sin so that grace may abound. - A point I made in my last post which you completely ignored.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "in order to prevent yourself from SOUNDING like your condoning sin so that grace may abound"
    I would never condone sin.
    Last edited by turbosixx; July 6th, 2019 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Address what I "ignored"
    Wretched man that I am.

  6. #49
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,446
    Thanks
    15,073
    Thanked 22,529 Times in 12,833 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    I know how you feel. I feel the exact same way. I wish I could say the right thing to help you see.
    Talk about not seeing!

    As Clete has told you, he used to believe what you believe. Most of us have until we learn the truth.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 6th, 2019),steko (July 6th, 2019)

  8. #50
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    14,206
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 8,803 Times in 5,788 Posts

    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147846
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    No one earns salvation under grace. It is a gift.
    Clete, the following verse speaks of "grace" in regard to those who lived under the law:

    "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"
    (Ro.4:16).

    Did the Jews who lived under the law receive the gift of salvation apart from works?

    Thanks!

  9. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Clete, the following verse speaks of "grace" in regard to those who lived under the law:

    "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"
    (Ro.4:16).

    Did the Jews who lived under the law receive the gift of salvation apart from works?

    Thanks!
    Sure they did but they did not receive eternal life or become a member of the body of Christ.

  10. #52
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    14,206
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 8,803 Times in 5,788 Posts

    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147846
    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    Sure they did but they did not receive eternal life or become a member of the body of Christ.
    So they did not receive eternal life even though the Lord Jesus told them the following?:

    "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).

    Besides that, the Apostle Paul spoke of Jews becoming members of the Body of Christ:

    "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
    (1 Cor.12:13).

  11. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4333
    Jerry, the Lord works in hearts. It's about what they ( assuming you mean before Paul was blinded and delivered the gospel to the Gentiles) believed. It's one thing to believe he was the messiah that was resurrected and another to have faith that His death for our sins grants eternal life, even Abraham descended.

  12. #54
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    14,206
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 8,803 Times in 5,788 Posts

    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147846
    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    Jerry, the Lord works in hearts. It's about what they ( assuming you mean before Paul was blinded and delivered the gospel to the Gentiles) believed. It's one thing to believe he was the messiah that was resurrected and another to have faith that His death for our sins grants eternal life, even Abraham descended.
    Paul didn't believe that Jesus is the Christ before he was blinded on the road to Damascus. He didn't believe that until His encounter with the Lord Jesus on the road to Damascus. Then later he was baptized with water and after that he himself preached that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. He was born of God as a result of believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

    "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).

  13. #55
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,834
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,841 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147780
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    I know how you feel. I feel the exact same way. I wish I could say the right thing to help you see.
    It's not the same. I have already been were you are. I was just as convinced as you are that my theology, which I'd bet was extremely similar to what yours is now, was at least mostly true. I completely, 1000% bought the notion of lordship salvation. I completely understand why you believe it and would, with only a little bit of practice, likely be able to do just as good a job of defending it as you do.

    I now KNOW that I was wrong. It isn't merely that I believe differently. It is that I know, for a fact, that my doctrine was flatly wrong. I know that it was wrong and I know why it was wrong and I know that you are utterly and completely and totally blind to the reasons because I was too.

    There is, in fact, very little in common with the way you and I feel in this regard. You're simply convinced that you're right. I know for a fact that your wrong because I used to be in your shoes. That's quite a lot different.

    I'm afraid we are so far apart it's near impossible. Especially on a forum.
    I would suggest you haven't totally got me figured out. If I remember right you only had 2 or 3 out of the 5. Don't forget, I'm a dispensationalist.
    I haven't forgotten. The fact that you're a dispensationalist doesn't help your case. It explains why I missed as many as I did (if in fact I did - your silence on which I missed makes me wonder) but it only adds to the incongruity of your doctrine and should make it much easier for you to see where you went off the path into error. Your blindness isn't as much about a paradigm shift as it is about the fact that you're entrenched in your doctrine. You've spent so much time, energy and money learning your doctrine and teaching it to others that for you to make any major alterations would be personally costly to you in the extreme. (That is not an insult, by the way. This is just human nature. You're no different in this regard than pretty much any pastor of any church (or even most Sunday School teaches for that matter) any where in the world. It's just the way human beings work.)

    I believe Abram did have a work to do.
    Of course you do. The text doesn't support it but your doctrine demands it.

    The fact that your wrong is flatly and unequivocably proven by the fact that he wasn't even conscious when the deal was cut.

    It was necessary for him to sleep with Sarai in order for this covenant to be fulfilled.
    This might well be the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post.

    Stop rationalizing. You're embarrassing yourself. People sleep with their wives all the time. The bible specifically tells us what God credited to him as righteousness. It wasn't having sex with his wife!

    God did what Abram and Sarai could not do and they did what they could do.
    This is inches, just inches away from blasphemy.

    Do you even think through the things you say and what they imply?

    I'm not sure what you mean by "in order to prevent yourself from SOUNDING like your condoning sin so that grace may abound"
    I would never condone sin.
    You need to slow down and read more carefully.

    No one could ever accuse you of ever preaching that we ought to sin that grace may abound or even that your doctrine implies such a thing. It would never in a thousand years occur to anyone to make such an accusation against your doctrine. Your entire lordship salvation doctrine is specifically designed to prevent anyone from ever getting that idea. You squeeze and twist and jump through whatever theological hoops that are necessary in order to make sure that no one ever makes that accusation, including going so far as to suggest that Abraham was made righteous by, of all things, having sex with his wife.

    Clete

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 8th, 2019),Right Divider (July 8th, 2019),steko (July 8th, 2019)

  15. #56
    TOL Subscriber turbosixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,032
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 340 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    134767
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    It's not the same. I have already been were you are. I was just as convinced as you are that my theology, which I'd bet was extremely similar to what yours is now, was at least mostly true. I completely, 1000% bought the notion of lordship salvation. I completely understand why you believe it and would, with only a little bit of practice, likely be able to do just as good a job of defending it as you do.

    I now KNOW that I was wrong. It isn't merely that I believe differently. It is that I know, for a fact, that my doctrine was flatly wrong. I know that it was wrong and I know why it was wrong and I know that you are utterly and completely and totally blind to the reasons because I was too.

    There is, in fact, very little in common with the way you and I feel in this regard. You're simply convinced that you're right. I know for a fact that your wrong because I used to be in your shoes. That's quite a lot different.
    You're right, it is a lot different. I grew up in the belief that I have and that is why I have sought to challenge that belief to be sure I'm not blindly following like I see others do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    I haven't forgotten. The fact that you're a dispensationalist doesn't help your case. It explains why I missed as many as I did (if in fact I did - your silence on which I missed makes me wonder) but it only adds to the incongruity of your doctrine and should make it much easier for you to see where you went off the path into error. Your blindness isn't as much about a paradigm shift as it is about the fact that you're entrenched in your doctrine. You've spent so much time, energy and money learning your doctrine and teaching it to others that for you to make any major alterations would be personally costly to you in the extreme. (That is not an insult, by the way. This is just human nature. You're no different in this regard than pretty much any pastor of any church (or even most Sunday School teaches for that matter) any where in the world. It's just the way human beings work.)
    No offense taken. I am trying to see past my doctrine but there are big problems with what I'm hearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    This might well be the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post.

    Stop rationalizing. You're embarrassing yourself. People sleep with their wives all the time. The bible specifically tells us what God credited to him as righteousness. It wasn't having sex with his wife!
    It proves my point and I don't see how this argument disproves my point. God made a covenant with Abram and he needed to WALK in accordance with God's will in order for it to be fulfilled. I know husbands sleep with their wives but if he had not slept with Sarai would it not have affected the outcome? It absolutely would have.

    I cannot understand how we can believe the gospel and willingly continue in sin and expect God to gift us salvation.
    Grace teaches us to live godly lives. If we do not obey grace, have we really received grace.11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,

    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    This is inches, just inches away from blasphemy.
    I appreciate what you're doing here. I know your getting tired of dealing with me but I am trying to see it from your perspective but accusing me of near blasphemy doesn't move me because I see holes in your doctrine that I can't get past.



    I've been thinking about Paul dealing with all the Corinthians problems. His language isn't consistent with OSAS. Here's one example.

    At the end of 1 Cor. 9 he says I discipline my body and keep it under control so that even after preaching the gospel to others he himself will not be a castaway. He then gives the Corinthians an example of this from the OT. He uses the example of the Israelites who were saved from their enemy the Egyptians. He says they ate and drank from Christ. They were partakers of Christ just as the Corinthians are but God was not pleased with them and they did not make it to the promised land. Although they were partakers of Christ they didn't make it because of their continued practice of sin. They fell in the wilderness and did not enter God's rest. Paul says 10:11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. 12 Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.

    I fail to see how that can be an example for us today if God's grace is different. The difference I understand is the sacrifices before could not remove sins but Christ's sacrifice can. We still have to live according to God's will and not our own in order to be faithful.
    Last edited by turbosixx; July 8th, 2019 at 05:33 PM.
    Wretched man that I am.

  16. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Clete, the following verse speaks of "grace" in regard to those who lived under the law:

    "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"
    (Ro.4:16).

    Did the Jews who lived under the law receive the gift of salvation apart from works?

    Thanks!
    The letter of the law and grace given for salvation do not go hand in hand they are opposites . Those who believe in the finished work of Christ are no longer under the law. I don't completely understand what you trying to convey and not sure that Sir Robert Anderson, your avatar would agree with you.
    Last edited by Cntrysner; July 9th, 2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: well

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cntrysner For Your Post:

    Clete (July 10th, 2019)

  18. #58
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,834
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,841 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147780
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    It proves my point and I don't see how this argument disproves my point. God made a covenant with Abram and he needed to WALK in accordance with God's will in order for it to be fulfilled. I know husbands sleep with their wives but if he had not slept with Sarai would it not have affected the outcome? It absolutely would have.
    Your argument presumes that he wouldn't have had sex with his wife anyway.

    People have sex with their spouses, T6! It doesn't take any faith in anything for that to happen, whether the wife is barren or not.

    I cannot understand how we can believe the gospel and willingly continue in sin and expect God to gift us salvation.
    Because our salvation is not based on our righteousness but on Christ's!

    Romans 5:1Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

    Your objection rests on the resurrection of the law and places us back under it.
    Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

    Does our sin negate Christ's righteousness? Certainly not! For were the is no law, sin is not imputed.

    Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

    18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

    20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

    Grace teaches us to live godly lives. If we do not obey grace, have we really received grace.11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,
    "Obey grace"?

    You have, perhaps more than anyone I've ever discussed this with, turned "grace" into a synonym of "law". As a result, you keep conflating salvation with sanctification. Under the law, salvation and sanctification were the same thing. You were saved because you had faith in God and lived a righteous life. I don't think there is any one anywhere that would deny that much. But your doctrine is no different than that! You have quite literally turned grace into law.

    I fail to see how that can be an example for us today if God's grace is different. The difference I understand is the sacrifices before could not remove sins but Christ's sacrifice can. We still have to live according to God's will and not our own in order to be faithful.
    So, is this you stating bluntly that law and grace are not different, that they are, in fact, effectively synonymous?


    Interestingly, your doctrine would be spot on and exactly correct if God had not cut off Israel and turned instead to the Gentiles through Paul. When God did that, He didn't simply take the same program and move it over to a different set of people. Had he done so, He'd have ended up with the same result. On the contrary, the Body of Christ is not simply a reincarnated version of Israel. Rather, it is the revelation of a mystery that had been kept secret since the world began (Romans 16).

    Indeed, if your doctrine was correct, all we would need of the New Testament would be the Gospels and the book of Hebrews and maybe James. The Twelve had already been trained by Christ and had received the great commission. There would be no need at all for Paul whatsoever.

    Clete


    P.S. Why did you ignore this point?....


    No one could ever accuse you of ever preaching that we ought to sin that grace may abound or even that your doctrine implies such a thing. It would never in a thousand years occur to anyone to make such an accusation against your doctrine. Your entire lordship salvation doctrine is specifically designed to prevent anyone from ever getting that idea. You squeeze and twist and jump through whatever theological hoops that are necessary in order to make sure that no one ever makes that accusation, including going so far as to suggest that Abraham was made righteous by, of all things, having sex with his wife.

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 10th, 2019),Right Divider (July 10th, 2019),steko (July 10th, 2019)

  20. #59
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    14,206
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 8,803 Times in 5,788 Posts

    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147846
    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrysner View Post
    The letter of the law and grace given for salvation do not go hand in hand they are opposites . Those who believe in the finished work of Christ are no longer under the law. I don't completely understand what you trying to convey and not sure that Sir Robert Anderson, your avatar would agree with you.
    I am saying that the saved who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith just like those who are saved now.

    "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"
    (Ro.4:16).

    Sir Robert Anderson agrees with me.

  21. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    I am saying that the saved who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith just like those who are saved now.

    "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"
    (Ro.4:16).

    Sir Robert Anderson agrees with me.
    Maybe Sir Robert did.

    Isn't it true that those saved today are not under the law as they were bound under the contract?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us