User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: God hated Esau !

  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 198 Times in 163 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    "Seen" vs. "hate." Reconcile the scriptures, please.
    If people met God they wouldn’t hate him. That is my point. It has to do with the false claim that men hate God because their deeds are evil. There are righteous people and unrighteousness people who live here Lon. There are good people and bad people.

    We are all fumbling around down here on this rock, trying to make sense out of things. None of us really know for sure what we are talking about, but we all think we do. The notion of God hating is rooted in the notion of opposites. For night, there is day, for good, there is bad. People believe that God loves some and hates others because people love some and hate others.

    The ultimate irony is that in such thinking people have created a god in their own image.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyver For Your Post:

    k0de (June 20th, 2019)

  3. #32
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,253
    Thanks
    34,585
    Thanked 8,736 Times in 5,606 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    If people met God they wouldn’t hate him. That is my point. It has to do with the false claim that men hate God because their deeds are evil. There are righteous people and unrighteousness people who live here Lon. There are good people and bad people.

    We are all fumbling around down here on this rock, trying to make sense out of things. None of us really know for sure what we are talking about, but we all think we do. The notion of God hating is rooted in the notion of opposites. For night, there is day, for good, there is bad. People believe that God loves some and hates others because people love some and hate others.

    The ultimate irony is that in such thinking people have created a god in their own image.
    Is man basically good or basically evil?

  4. #33
    Over 750 post club ttruscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    22186
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    If people met God they wouldn’t hate him. That is my point.
    In light of Rom 1:20 we see that people have no excuse for hating HIM because they HAVE CLEARLY SEEN HIS POWER AND DIVINITY yet the rest of the chapter repeats over and over that people repress the truth they know about HIM for the lie that allows them to sin because they love their sin more than the truth.

    When these folk meet HIM face to face it will be the at the Great White Throne and they will hate HIM as HE judges them.
    I Champion GOD’s holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

    I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ttruscott For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (June 20th, 2019)

  6. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 198 Times in 163 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
    In light of Rom 1:20 we see that people have no excuse for hating HIM because they HAVE CLEARLY SEEN HIS POWER AND DIVINITY yet the rest of the chapter repeats over and over that people repress the truth they know about HIM for the lie that allows them to sin because they love their sin more than the truth.

    When these folk meet HIM face to face it will be the at the Great White Throne and they will hate HIM as HE judges them.
    I disagree with you, but thank you for your response.

  7. #35
    Over 750 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    960
    Thanks
    921
    Thanked 757 Times in 476 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    62159
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    We will see in the day of Judgment who teaches false doctrine.
    At least you are admitting (what I already know) that you do not know, here and now, in this life, that you aren't teaching false doctrine. I, and others, because of the light of Scripture, already see--know--right now, in our earthly abode, the truth that what you are teaching is false doctrine. Since you claim you have to wait until "the day of Judgment" to learn whether or not your doctrine is false, you are admitting the truth that you have not learned your doctrine from the Bible.

    Also, it's interesting how you puff yourself and smile at the idea of people who aren't you being, at some future time, cast into endless, fiery torment.

  8. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 198 Times in 163 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Is man basically good or basically evil?
    Some people are good, some are evil, and most everyone is a little of both, as I see it.

  9. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,630
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked 410 Times in 377 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    I believe you speak error.
    Only to the foolish separatist, and kingdom and temple illiterates.

  10. #38
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,253
    Thanks
    34,585
    Thanked 8,736 Times in 5,606 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Some people are good, some are evil, and most everyone is a little of both, as I see it.
    And what standard do you use to determine "good" versus "evil"?

  11. #39
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 198 Times in 163 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    And what standard do you use to determine "good" versus "evil"?
    The faulty standard of subjective opinion.....what else is there? I understand "evil" as the intentional cause of harm or suffering to another living being.

    How do you define evil?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us