User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,924 Times in 2,824 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No man can come here means no man has the ability to come to Christ. That cancels out the myth that man has a freewill,

It also means that no man has the ability to believe on Christ for Salvation. Because Christ equates believing on Him with coming to Him. Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

What about those Jesus says to them Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Thats answered in Jn 6:44 they simply will not come because they cannot come unless the Power of God draws them and makes them willing

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you make so many threads? Are you bored? Have nothing to do?

This post could have just been placed in one of the many other threads you already have running that deal with basically the same topic. Namely, your brand of religious extremism.

Do you not understand that it's like spamming and is considered disrespectful to a discussion forum?
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyver For Your Post:

k0de (June 7th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Why do you make so many threads? Are you bored? Have nothing to do?

This post could have just been placed in one of the many other threads you already have running that deal with basically the same topic. Namely, your brand of religious extremism.

Do you not understand that it's like spamming and is considered disrespectful to a discussion forum?
    +1
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,847 Times in 2,815 Posts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Romans 10:9-13 New International Version (NIV)
    9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

k0de (June 7th, 2019)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the Eternal Almighty has free-will. Only He possesses the power to fulfil His own will. To suggest otherwise is the display of a judicially confused mind.

"Our Elohim is in the heavens, doing as he chooses".

"All the peoples of the earth are counted as nothing, and He does as He pleases with the army of heaven and the peoples of the earth. There is no one who can restrain His hand or say to Him, ‘What have You done?’”
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

k0de (June 7th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No man can come here means no man has the ability to come to Christ. That cancels out the myth that man has a freewill,

It also means that no man has the ability to believe on Christ for Salvation. Because Christ equates believing on Him with coming to Him. Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

What about those Jesus says to them Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Thats answered in Jn 6:44 they simply will not come because they cannot come unless the Power of God draws them and makes them willing

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power !

Amen, the credit goes to God's Power Ps. 110:3 exclusively, because man by nature, or the natural man 1 Cor. 2:14, lacks the ability or state of mind to place Faith in Christ for Salvation and please Him Rom. 8:8; so that no man has that freewill ability to come to Christ or believe on Him / to have Faith in Him, except by the regenerating / drawing Power of the Spirit of God given them in New Birth Ps. 110:3; Gal. 5:22. But before New Birth, no man can come to Christ John 5:40; 6:44.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (June 7th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,924 Times in 2,824 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No man can come to Christ by his own freewill ability because by nature hes dead in trespasses and sins and without spiritual life and ability to do or act. So consequently he cant come and believe on Christ of himself, or of his own freewill.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks
    Thanked 21,308 Times in 12,008 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

b57 has been asked numerous times to prove, beyond any doubt, that he is one of the chosen ones.... nothing but crickets....
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,787 Times in 2,561 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !
    Do you mean will? The Bible will begin to make sense to you when you come to Christ (2 Pe 2:1).

"The natural man cannot receive the things of God. Why not? Because they are foolishness to him. If you are not a Christian, my friend, what I am saying seems foolish to you. If it doesn’t, there is something wrong with you or there is something wrong with me—one of us is wrong. God says the natural man finds the preaching of the Cross of Christ for salvation foolish. It simply does not make sense to him…” McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (1 Corinthians) (electronic ed., Vol. 44). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

As a reminder Beloved 57 is number on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the 'Jesus is not God' people (Jehovah’s Witness) category.
    Last edited by serpentdove; June 13th, 2019 at 02:10 PM.

What's new?
    PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,158 Times in 8,689 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Only the Eternal Almighty has free-will.
    Truster believes he had no choice but to write this.

His next comment was also predestined.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

Right Divider (June 13th, 2019),steko (June 13th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No man can come to Christ by his own freewill ability because by nature hes dead in trespasses and sins and without spiritual life and ability to do or act. So consequently he cant come and believe on Christ of himself, or of his own freewill.

You are exactly right, Brother !

Man in the flesh has no freewill ability to believe on Christ or come to Him in a way that pleases God Rom. 8:8.

Man must first be made Spiritually Alive in New Birth and drawn to Christ by the Father John 6:44, which drawing is by the Spirit of God. Yes, only then can a person come to Christ by the Faith that is the fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 and please God Rom. 8:9; Heb. 11:6.

So aside from New Birth John 3:6-7, no man has the ability to do anything whatsoever that pleases God Rom. 8:8; including his own freewill coming or believing on Christ, which are as filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (June 13th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,847 Times in 2,815 Posts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post

Man in the flesh has no freewill ability to believe on Christ or come to Him in a way that pleases God Rom. 8:8.

Man must first be made Spiritually Alive in New Birth and drawn to Christ by the Father John 6:44, which drawing is by the Spirit of God. Yes, only then can a person come to Christ by the Faith that is the fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 and please God Rom. 8:9; Heb. 11:6.

So aside from New Birth John 3:6-7, no man has the ability to do anything whatsoever that pleases God Rom. 8:8; including his own freewill coming or believing on Christ, which are as filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6.
    Romans 10:9-13 New Living Translation (NLT)
    9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. 11 As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” 12 Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him. 13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Thanks
    Thanked 21,308 Times in 12,008 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post

Please verify that you have this "new birth"!

Prove beyond any reasonable doubt that YOU have been chosen!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believing in your heart can only please God if you have been given a New Heart in New Birth Ezek. 36:26-27, because those in the flesh cannot please God Rom.8:8.

Trusting in the Lord by one who is not Born of God is only a work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

Calling upon the name of the Lord cannot please God Rom. 8:8 unless one has been Born of God, made Spiritually Alive !

Rom. 8:9b - Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Please verify that you have this "new birth"!

Prove beyond any reasonable doubt that YOU have been chosen!!

I have explained it here:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...05#post4781205

Thread Information