User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 224

Thread: Evolution and its effects.

  1. #16
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,677
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 855 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285396
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Terror belongs to the Almighty and is one of an array of weapons He has at His disposal. "There is no peace unto the wicked" the theory of evolution affords no comfort, no hope just a possibility that the same big bang could as easily end it all as it started it all.

    I notice you have many opinions but you lack contemplated conclusions.
    The theory of evolution has nothing to do with the big bang.
    What you are saying is that Science challenges some religious beliefs. That's true. If it upsets somebody, then they can reject the science, change their beliefs, or continue to be upset. The same is true for the theory of relativity, quantum mechanics, or the heliocentric theory of the solar system. The possibility that theories might upset somebody is not relevant to their being accurate. They aren't invented as comfort items.

  2. #17
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,677
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 855 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285396
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post

    I notice you have many opinions but you lack contemplated conclusions.
    This is uncalled for, as well as inaccurate. There is no need to knock people you don't agree with.

  3. #18
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,148
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked 13,026 Times in 9,149 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147854
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    If it upsets somebody, then they can reject the science, change their beliefs, or continue to be upset.
    There's an option you missed.

    Also, I'm on Truster's ignore list for a good reason.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  4. #19
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,677
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 855 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285396
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    There's an option you missed.

    Also, I'm on Truster's ignore list for a good reason.
    That's something. If I'd bother with ignore lists, you'd be a prime candidate. Not because of your opinions, I can deal with people disagreeing with me. But for your behavior.

  5. #20
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,148
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked 13,026 Times in 9,149 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147854
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    That's something. If I'd bother with ignore lists, you'd be a prime candidate. Not because of your opinions, I can deal with people disagreeing with me. But for your behavior.


    You still missed an option.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (June 24th, 2019),JudgeRightly (June 10th, 2019),Right Divider (June 18th, 2019)

  7. #21
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,677
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 855 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285396
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post


    You still missed an option.
    I may have missed 20 options, or 20,0000. If you want to point out one, go ahead. But I am not playing the stripe guessing game.

  8. #22
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,148
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked 13,026 Times in 9,149 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147854
    They can propose a different hypothesis.

    You know, science.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (June 10th, 2019),Right Divider (June 18th, 2019)

  10. #23
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,114
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked 3,348 Times in 2,268 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415238
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    There is no doubt that the philosophy of evolution leads to horrors.
    Yes, there have been some...



    [Box]When my son Dan was murdered on the sidewalk at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999, I hoped that would be the last school shooting. Since that day, I’ve tried to answer the question, “Why did this happen?”[/quote]

    Because those two students were bullied and instead of finding a way to deal with it, they chose to kill indiscriminately. The good news is that violence is declining in public schools...


    From 1993 to 2010, the number of homicides committed at primary and secondary schools by students has steadily shrunk.

    Wouldn't be surprised if it went up in the last three years, though.

    This country is in a moral free fall.
    Let's look at that... violence in America, generally...


    In other ways, maybe. Not in violence.

    For over two generations, the public school system has taught in a moral vacuum,
    Nope. Character First Education
    http://www.characterfirsteducation.com/c/curriculum.php

    You can teach morality without endorsing any particular religion.

    expelling God from the school and from the government,
    You're way off base there, too. My daughter was an officer in Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and she and her friends prayed in school, brought Bibles to school, and met together during the school day. And the school permitted other religous groups as well. It's the law. They can't stop kids from praying; they are only unable to sponsor an official prayer.

    replacing Him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequences and life has no inherent value.
    If you knew any scientists, you'd know that they'd be the first to tell you that nature is no place to find ethics and morals.

    We teach there are no absolutes, no right or wrong.
    You might. But as you just learned, public schools teach morality and character.

    And I assure you the murder of innocent children is always wrong, including by abortion. Abortion has diminished the value of children.
    They are doing abortions in public schools? Where is that?
    This message is hidden because ...

  11. #24
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,726
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 856 Times in 746 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183820
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    This is uncalled for, as well as inaccurate. There is no need to knock people you don't agree with.

    Two men
    saw the same thing
    one man immediately
    gave an opinion
    the other contemplated
    what he had seen
    pondered in regard to
    his previous experience
    and slowly but surely
    reached a conclusion.

    Being able to reach a conclusion
    is an experience opinionated
    people miss out onů

    When a man has reached many conclusions he is a wealthy and contented man. While the foolish man throws opinions as confetti. Colourful, light and blown to and fro on the wind of changing circumstance.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  12. #25
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,114
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked 3,348 Times in 2,268 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415238
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Evolution is a lie.
    It's directly observed. Perhaps you've confused evolution with natural selection which is an agent of evolution, or common descent, which is a consequence of evolution. What do you think "evolution" means in biology?

    But the teaching terrifies.
    I don't see how. Maybe for an atheist, but certainly not for a Christian.
    This message is hidden because ...

  13. #26
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,726
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 856 Times in 746 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183820
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    It's directly observed. Perhaps you've confused evolution with natural selection which is an agent of evolution, or common descent, which is a consequence of evolution. What do you think "evolution" means in biology?



    I don't see how. Maybe for an atheist, but certainly not for a Christian.
    It terrifies the wicked.

    The fact I need to clarify this means I have nothing more to say to you.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  14. #27
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,114
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked 3,348 Times in 2,268 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415238
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    It terrifies the wicked.

    The fact I need to clarify this means I have nothing more to say to you.
    I was kinda hoping to learn what you think "evolution" means in biology. Just for everyone else, would you say what you think it is?
    This message is hidden because ...

  15. #28
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,726
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 856 Times in 746 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183820
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I was kinda hoping to learn what you think "evolution" means in biology. Just for everyone else, would you say what you think it is?
    "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen."

    Evolution is a lie. Big bang is a lie and natural selection is a lie.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  16. #29
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,114
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked 3,348 Times in 2,268 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415238
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Evolution is a lie.
    You're very sure of that, but you don't even know what it is. Wouldn't you be more effective against evolution, if you knew what it is you're fighting?

    Big bang is a lie
    That's what a prominent atheist scientist said, after a scientist (who was a Christian) first proposed it.

    and natural selection is a lie.
    Hmmm... even "Answers in Genesis" knows better than that:

    After Adam and Eve sinned and the Curse ravaged the earth, mutations, natural selection, and other mechanisms led to much variation within the created kinds. This diversity helps animals to survive, especially in the diverse and hostile post-Flood environments.
    https://answersingenesis.org/natural...not-evolution/
    This message is hidden because ...

  17. #30
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,148
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked 13,026 Times in 9,149 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147854
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    It's directly observed.
    Nope. It's just a theory. Perhaps you've confused evolution with a mathematical proof.

    What do you think "evolution" means in biology?
    Whatever a Darwinists needs it to mean.

    I don't see how anyone can be a Darwinist. Maybe an atheist, but certainly not a Christian.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (June 24th, 2019),JudgeRightly (June 16th, 2019),Right Divider (June 18th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us