User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iniquity wasn't ever charged to the Elect !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,955 Times in 2,854 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Better Covenant/Testament referenced in Heb 7:22 that Christ was made Surety of is the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

This Covenant I believe was made with Father and Son before the World began, and The Spirit is a Witness of it.

This Covenant in time is also revealed to be the New Covenant. The Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13 and the Blood of the New Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Are the same Blood and Same Covenant, One and the same.

Christ was charged with the sins of the elect and became Surety by virtue of this Covenant, and all liability for their sins were never imputed or charged to them, what a Great Blessing !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Amen. Thank God for the fellowship in the Truth !

Always Thanking Him too.

Our fellowship in the Truth is indeed an awesome Blessing !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (June 6th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Christ wasn't actually slain for their sins from the foundation, save for Gods Eternal Purpose wherein time is swallowed up in eternity, but having their sins already charged to Him, He would come in the world " in the fullness of time Gal 4:4 and suffer and die and put away their sins before Gods Law and Justice Heb 9:26

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Amen !

Christ having "put away sin" Heb. 9:26 [Greek: athetesis] means He totally abolished the sins of God's Elect; therefore abolishing death on their behalf, and all its consequences: He rescued His Sheep from the second death Rev. 21:8 !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in light of the blessedness of non imputation the Elect of God were never legally responsible for their sins because Christ was as their Surety Heb 7:22

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

And what Testament or Covenant is that ? And when was He made the Surety of it ?

That is The Everlasting Covenant:

Heb. 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

He was made Surety of the Covenant from Everlasting:

Prov. 8:22-23

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Better Covenant/Testament referenced in Heb 7:22 that Christ was made Surety of is the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20

20 [FONT="]Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

This Covenant I believe was made with Father and Son before the World began, and The Spirit is a Witness of it.

This Covenant in time is also revealed to be the New Covenant. The Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13 and the Blood of the New Covenant Matt 26:28

[/FONT]
    28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Are the same Blood and Same Covenant, One and the same.

Christ was charged with the sins of the elect and became Surety by virtue of this Covenant, and all liability for their sins were never imputed or charged to them, what a Great Blessing !
    Amen, a Great Blessing indeed, and TY for elaborating !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romans 7:14-25 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Romans 8:1-4,10-11,29-39 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thread Information