User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did Christ say about the Law?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law" (Romans 13:10).

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true as that goes to the heart of Gods law which is of love, and reflects Gods character. The law pointed to salvation of man through Jesus Christ as God knew what was needed and sent His Son to come to earth, live as a man, and yet without sin, die on the cross and be resurrected to life to fulfill the laws requirement for sin. Jesus made clear when He came, the guiding principles that show that these were His law, His precepts, not to be set aside or forgotten.

John 10:30
    I and my Father are one.

Many Christians do not live the Christian life successfully as that they fail to see that God and His Son are one, just as His law, His precepts, and His testimonies. People have a hard time in knowing God and His Son Jesus Christ unless you listen to His revelation of Himself in the Old as well as the New Testament of the Bible.

Romans 1:20 tells us "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." So his law, his precepts, his testimonies were seen in everything he did and made from Creation. He created man in his own image with freewill, he made know the consequences of sin when he put the tree of knowledge. It was clear that from the start that within God's law, His precepts, His testimonies, they contained the guiding principle that should be in our life.

Jesus made this clear in Mark 12:30-31 when asked about the commandments and He summed up God's law into two simple statements: "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

Jesus had this to say about the Law of God, Jesus declared to His disciples, "I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." John 15:10. Jesus prefaced this by instructing the disciples, "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love."

Jesus declared that God does have a divine Law by which He governs all things and are established on a 'love' principle.

Thread Information