BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    In which case they oppose the truth.
    They don't even have to be right for you to be wrong. In other words, your opinion may be wrong whether theirs is or isn't.

An opinion isn't necessarily wrong.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    They don't even have to be right for you to be wrong. In other words, your opinion may be wrong whether theirs is or isn't.

An opinion isn't necessarily wrong.
    Truth is not a matter of wrong or right.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Truth is not a matter of wrong or right.
    Some things are right and true.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,834 Posts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

See the following article. It should answer your question.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/blogs...ohn-5-16b.html
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    See the following article. It should answer your question.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/blogs...ohn-5-16b.html
    It does not answer my question. The text does not say the sin unto death, but a sin unto death. We are also not talking about what is the unforgivable sin.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some things are right and true.
    "The words of Yah Veh are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times". Only His words are right, true and holy. His words are true and those that hold not the truth in love are sent a powerful delusion. It is made obvious to the regenerate who those people are by the manner in which they deal with and abuse the blessed truth.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "The words of Yah Veh are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times". Only His words are right, true and holy. His words are true and those that hold not the truth in love are sent a powerful delusion. It is made obvious to the regenerate who those people are by the manner in which they deal with and abuse the blessed truth.
    When I read about truth in the Bible, and the word of truth and the God of truth, I do realize that I can use the word truth without quoting the Bible.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I read about truth in the Bible, and the word of truth and the God of truth, I do realize that I can use the word truth without quoting the Bible.
    You seem confused between absolute truth and what humanity describes as true.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You seem confused between absolute truth and what humanity describes as true.
    Absolute truth is a philosophical idea, perhaps relative to other things. I have accepted Jesus in my life so I don't need to depend upon philosophy. In philosophy people ask questions, and whether we are in philosophy or not we should have answers for them.

Absolute truth is different from relative truth. Objective truth is different from subjective truth.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we pray for believers or non-believers who commit sin leading to death?
    It seems to me false testimony of God and Jesus lead to death, meaning unpardonable sin.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    It seems to me false testimony of God and Jesus lead to death, meaning unpardonable sin.
    A false witness has committed a sin leading to death?

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A false witness has committed a sin leading to death?
    If it is about God and Jesus if you don't repent.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    If it is about God and Jesus if you don't repent.
    I do not know what it is that you are talking about.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth is an absolute certainty that is known inwardly.
    But note that Christian faith must not be based solely on heart feelings, which can be very deceptive (Jeremiah 17:9, Proverbs 28:26, Proverbs 14:12), but must also be a rational/intellectual enterprise. For saving faith requires mental assent (Philippians 3:15-16, Romans 12:2; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:25, Romans 8:6) to Biblical doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4; 1 Timothy 4:16; 2 John 1:9-10; 1 Timothy 6:3, Titus 1:9) and continuing to remember that doctrine (1 Corinthians 15:2; 2 Peter 3:1-2; 2 Corinthians 11:3).

For example, for people to be saved from hell, they must believe (and continue to believe to the end: Hebrews 3:6,12,14, Colossians 1:23; 1 Corinthians 15:2) the Biblical doctrine that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and the human/divine Son of God (John 20:31, John 3:36, 1 John 2:23), and that He suffered and died on the Cross for our sins and physically resurrected from the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 24:39,46-47, Matthew 20:19, Matthew 26:28).

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The words of Yah Veh are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times". Only His words are right, true and holy. His words are true and those that hold not the truth in love are sent a powerful delusion.
    That brought to mind:

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Note that this is in the context of the future Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:8-9), who will have a False Prophet who will work amazing miracles (2 Thessalonians 2:9b) by which people will be deceived (Revelation 13:12-14, Revelation 19:20, cf. Matthew 24:24). And God will send strong delusion on unrepentant people so that they will believe "the" lie (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12; in the original Greek, there is a "the" before "lie"), which could be the antichrist lie which has been around since the first century AD (2 John 1:7; 1 John 4:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:7a) and which in our future will deceive people into consciously and openly worshipping both Lucifer (Satan, the dragon) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), the man of sin (2 Thessalonians 2:3-9), as God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). The antichrist lie denies that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22), denies that Jesus is the human/divine Son of God (1 John 2:22b), and denies that Christ is in the flesh (2 John 1:7), which denial is one of the key doctrines of Gnosticism.

Thread Information