Thread: Is Jesus God?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,837 Times in 2,906 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    TRUTH should not be offensive. It is to you Lon.
    You make stuff up, Robert! What in the world caused you to write this?

Trust in the Lord Lon, Satan has no power over me. But you should worry.
    You are a weirdo, judging men's hearts and future destinations over this disagreement. No wonder you get into trouble and get infractions. Can't you carry on a conversation without jumping to "you better watch out when you disagree with ME!"?

What is wrong with you? Where is your heart?

You must be one of Lon's star students.
    Are you TRYING to be carnal and fleshly???

Are your ideas so precious that they cannot be assaulted or questioned???

How secure can you possibly be doing this kind of stuff and arguing so underhandedly?

My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

6days (August 27th, 2019),7djengo7 (August 22nd, 2019),JudgeRightly (August 21st, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierac View Post
    I understand you have no scripture to use to support what your told to believe. Thus the emotional response to fill the void! It's OK, I know you don't understand tough love! Love and truth is never easy for those who choose not to see. Just look at CNN

Sorry but you treat Keypurr like I treat you! get that log out of your eye.... Calling him a cult... CNN to the max!

Gods speed and love to you,

Paul
    Was ▲THIS▲ supposed to be your spiritual man writing this? Was ▲THIS▲ supposed to be from a caring man concerned with souls???

I still can't read you, Paul. Nothing has changed. I have not treated him poorly and he is against orthodox Christianity so 'cult' by definition. You took that with offense? I am orthodox. How could cult be applied? How could that be a log??? Do you return evil for evil (real or imagined)? Romans 12:17 1 Peter 3:9

Where is 'love to me?'

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

7djengo7 (August 22nd, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    What did The Lord Jesus Christ say to the Sons of Thunder for wanting to call down fire? Luke 9:54-55

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make stuff up, Robert! What in the world caused you to write this?

You are a weirdo, judging men's hearts and future destinations over this disagreement. No wonder you get into trouble and get infractions. Can't you carry on a conversation without jumping to "you better watch out when you disagree with ME!"?

What is wrong with you? Where is your heart?

Are you TRYING to be carnal and fleshly???

Are your ideas so precious that they cannot be assaulted or questioned???

How secure can you possibly be doing this kind of stuff and arguing so underhandedly?

I don't need your trying to put words in my mouth Lon. Your twisting my words like you twist scripture.

I don't need your friendship any more than I need snakes in my grass. Your unable to see the difference between God and his CREATIONS because you would rather follow the mass than Christ. You have no clue what the express image is. Good luck to you.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation

I don't need your trying to put words in my mouth Lon. Your twisting my words like you twist scripture.

I don't need your friendship any more than I need snakes in my grass. Your unable to see the difference between God and his CREATIONS because you would rather follow the mass than Christ. You have no clue what the express image is. Good luck to you.
    Oh the irony!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

7djengo7 (August 22nd, 2019),JudgeRightly (August 22nd, 2019),steko (August 22nd, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't need your trying to put words in my mouth Lon.
    All your own words, Robert. I've no words but the ones you've given and they weren't nice at all.

Your twisting my words like you twist scripture.
    First, "You're." Second, you are (you're) trying to say my eternal destiny is in danger in the previous post. For what? Two seconds worth of conversation???? Do you THINK you are spiritual for this kind of junk???? Really?

I don't need your friendship any more than I need snakes in my grass.
    So??? I'm sure I live nowhere near you. Where in the world did this come from? The wounds of a friend are faithful, but we are just two guys on the internet. I 'can' show myself friendly, at least. Proverbs 18:24

Your unable to see the difference between God and his CREATIONS because you would rather follow the mass than Christ.
    Uhm, no. I know the difference between "your" and "you're" can read the languages, have a MUCH better grasp of grammatical contexts, etc. etc. Try again. You want so badly to be a teacher with NO (nadda) training or education whatsover. Every cult does but there is NO special pleading. You either have the credentials and ability or you do not. There is NO WAY God can just give you this osmosis with your head on a pillow. You either have the where-with-all or you don't. You simply don't. God was NOT meaning this when He said that He uses the simple things to confound the wise. He was not meaning you don't need an education when He said that the unspiritual could not understand the spiritual. Not all unspiritual are stupid. Not all in Christ are all that brilliant. God gave SOME to be teachers. You aren't that guy. Find out what He actually has gifted you for, and do that. This ain't it. You are winning no friends nor Unitarians' best spokesman. Look at every Unitarian on TOL, all contentious and mean-spirited, as you are becoming here as well. Why? Because I'm telling you the truth? This is the 'Keypurr' show. I'm seeing less and less of Christ in it. This thread is supposed to be about Him. This post of yours is dismissive, the previous of yours was soul-condemning as if you have that power or authority. Its a sad week with you, Robert.

What I DO know is that John 1:1 says 'with' and 'was.' There is always something we better pay attention to, when we are speculating. There is no way we better miss 'both' here.

You have no clue what the express image is.
    You have NO ABILITY to teach with graciousness and compassion so SHOULD NOT BE TRYING! Maybe you should take your own advice and leave TOL before you burn all the bridges down. This? This is just a banter contest. I've asked several times now, why? Why do you need to knock me and everyone else on TOL around? What good will it do? Is this blessing you? It surely isn't me. I'm trying to teach you language and tell you that you've bitten off WAY more than you can possibly chew. I do know the scriptures. I know them better than you. There is no question about that. Does it matter? ONLY if you listen. You need to learn where you agree for one. Second, you need NOTHING BUT scripture for your response. My words/ your words? Pointless. Only scripture counts here. I ask you again: Of the churches Christ said were His, some have their candles removed BUT the four that exist are NOT Unitarian. You and every JW or other cult on the planet has to ask "Why, if we are so right?" If you don't, you get to stay in ignorance. Does your soul stand on the line? In somuch as you are prideful and willful and cannot be remade by God to be and know what you are supposed to know. Hebrews 12 is my warning to you: You can be disciplined if you are His and forgotten if you are not. I don't have to nor is there any fruit in telling you you are in danger of hell. That again is between you and the Lord God. For me, it'd be a huge sin to come between your ONE MEDIATOR between you and God. You've only One and I'm not Him, but you flout your judgments on other men like you were that mediator and eveybody needs to listen to you. I've no idea why you are mad, angry, and lashing out with me right now, but I see NO good news in any of it. You go ahead and do your supposedly 'righteous' indignation and damnation of my soul. In the end, I'll stand silently before my Maker and you won't be anywhere near me and the Mediator nor likely even in the same room. Why you want to do it now, I'll never know. It is flat-out weird. I've one Mediator - the Lord Jesus Christ. You are not Him.

You certainly have no love or friendship expressed here for me or another, either. I've one accuser as well. He doesn't need you. Don't work for him any more, Robert. Its a terrible job. Leave this thread and post alone after this. It doesn't need your further condemnation. You are accomplishing nothing. Certainly nothing good. Why do it? How sour and upset can you possibly be in a thread that is discussing whether the Lord Jesus Christ is God or not? ▲This▲angry?

"Exact image" I've discussed with you in the past with ideas like 'clone, the same being' etc. We talked about Dolly the sheep. There was only one Dolly the sheep. Now there are two but yet only Dolly and nothing else. We have no language adequate for something like this. Is it one sheep or two? --> "Yes" is the right answer.

Good luck to you.
    I'm not a 'luck' kind of guy. I'm not even sure if you meant it with these kinds of loaded statements either. Why even say this? ???
    Last edited by Lon; August 22nd, 2019 at 06:23 PM.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Bright Raven (August 22nd, 2019)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    What do you think? Present Scripture for your answer whether negative or positive
    Jesus and the Father are one. If you have seen Jesus you have seen the Father.
    8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
    9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
    10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
    John 14

12. The Following User Says Thank You to followHim For Your Post:

Lon (August 23rd, 2019)

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was ▲THIS▲ supposed to be your spiritual man writing this? Was ▲THIS▲ supposed to be from a caring man concerned with souls???

I still can't read you, Paul. Nothing has changed. I have not treated him poorly and he is against orthodox Christianity so 'cult' by definition. You took that with offense? I am orthodox. How could cult be applied? How could that be a log??? Do you return evil for evil (real or imagined)? Romans 12:17 1 Peter 3:9

Where is 'love to me?'
    Because I'm telling you... how you fail to love... Really calling keypurr a cult is going to ...somehow open his mind??? NO! You are blind to the truth! He sees what God wants him to see... just like you and me!

Don't be a A+ hole in all this!

Paul
    Last edited by JudgeRightly; August 27th, 2019 at 12:44 PM.
    From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth,
    From the laziness that is content with half-truths,
    From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth,
    Oh God of Truth, deliver us.

~ Ancient Prayer

Thanks
    Thanked 8,751 Times in 5,619 Posts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I'm telling you... how you fail to love... Really calling keypurr a cult is going to ...somehow open his mind??? NO! You are blind to the truth! He sees what God wants him to see... just like you and me!

Don't be a A+ hole in all this!

Paul
    Keypurr is a cultist.

https://kgov.com/cults

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

7djengo7 (August 26th, 2019),Right Divider (August 25th, 2019)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,380 Times in 1,122 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a GOD"?

Where, in the Bible, do we read, "Jesus has a GOD"? That's right: nowhere.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,380 Times in 1,122 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Keypurr is a cultist.

A saved cultist who knows God had a son and raised him from the dead.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,751 Times in 5,619 Posts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    A saved cultist who knows God had a son and raised him from the dead.
    I would rather give Keypurr the benefit of the doubt and assume he is NOT saved, so that he does not, because I assumed he was, end up in Hell.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Keypurr is a cultist.

Jesus would disagree whom... walked in to the temple and pulled out his whip to spanked those money exchangers! Do you really think He (jesus) was invited back by the likes of you?

You speak as a child! Not knowing the love of GOD!

Paul
    Last edited by JudgeRightly; August 27th, 2019 at 12:27 PM.

~ Ancient Prayer

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    What do you think? Present Scripture for your answer whether negative or positive
    So, let's go back to the beginning! post number one... Is Jesus GOD? as Bright Raven ask?

Before answering... We must first seek what is GOD?

Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the LORD... there is no God but me."

Isaiah 45:5 - "I am the LORD and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

Isaiah 45:6 - "Men may know that there is none besides me. I am the LORD, there is no other."

So what about Jesus the Christ?

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Who gave him???

Rev 3:12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

New Name... given a new name by Whom?

Rev 3:2 'Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God.

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus’ own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.

This is the biblical pattern throughout. The so-called Lord's prayer, the model prayer, teaches us to "pray in this way: our Father who art in heaven…"(Matt. 6:9). This pattern of prayer and worship prescribed by our Lord Jesus is followed and sanctioned by every example given in Scripture. See the following:

“Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.15:5-6).

" For this reason I bow my knees before the Father," (Eph 3:14)

" giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord
    Jesus Christ, " (Eph 5:20)

" We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, "( Col 1:3 )

Thus the teachings of men... making you shocked of what your just read! ... as if it was some how it's news!

Read Rev chapter 5.... One God on the throne... And one lamb whom is worthy to take the book out of the one God's hand!

Do you see???

Paul

~ Ancient Prayer

Thanks
    Thanked 4,294 Times in 2,516 Posts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, let's go back to the beginning! post number one... Is Jesus GOD? as Bright Raven ask?

Before answering... We must first seek what is GOD?

Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the LORD... there is no God but me."

Isaiah 45:5 - "I am the LORD and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

Isaiah 45:6 - "Men may know that there is none besides me. I am the LORD, there is no other."

So what about Jesus the Christ?

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Who gave him???

Rev 3:12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

New Name... given a new name by Whom?

Rev 3:2 'Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God.

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus’ own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.

This is the biblical pattern throughout. The so-called Lord's prayer, the model prayer, teaches us to "pray in this way: our Father who art in heaven…"(Matt. 6:9). This pattern of prayer and worship prescribed by our Lord Jesus is followed and sanctioned by every example given in Scripture. See the following:

“Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.15:5-6).

" For this reason I bow my knees before the Father," (Eph 3:14)

" giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord
    Jesus Christ, " (Eph 5:20)

" We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, "( Col 1:3 )

Thus the teachings of men... making you shocked of what your just read! ... as if it was some how it's news!

Read Rev chapter 5.... One God on the throne... And one lamb whom is worthy to take the book out of the one God's hand!

Do you see???

Paul
    The verses you use are great..... Your interpretation, not so much. Jesus had pre-existence... He is Holy... He is omnipotent, all-powerful... Is omnipresent... Jesus forgives sin... He is our Creator... He is our judge... He is the wonderful counsellor, the Prince of Peace, the everlasting father.....
    AND, God the Father called God the son "God"(Heb.1:8)... So it is likely a good idea for us to do likewise.
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (August 27th, 2019),Right Divider (August 27th, 2019)

Thread Information