User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 197

Thread: Please someone answer me this;

  1. #31
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,099
    Thanks
    14,760
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    How do you know that the Bible is "God's Word"? Can you answer that question?
    I won't bother trying to tell someone that clearly does not want the answer.

    P.S. There are tons of websites that give this answer in great detail, so go do your homework.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (May 15th, 2019)

  3. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 198 Times in 163 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I won't bother trying to tell someone that clearly does not want the answer.

    P.S. There are tons of websites that give this answer in great detail, so go do your homework.
    You can’t prove the Bible is Gods word. I know because I’ve already tried. If it could be proven, most everyone would believe it. The Bible being the “Word of God” is a belief, not a fact. FWIW.

  4. #33
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,099
    Thanks
    14,760
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    ... Because of the evidence that indicates it was much earlier than most agree that it wasn't.

    This is a bandwagon fallacy.

    So what if most agree that Ramses was the pharaoh of the exodus?

    If the evidence says otherwise, then the majority are wrong.

    And Tim has done the work and shown that the evidence does not agree with the popular belief that Ramses was the pharaoh of the exodus.
    Haven't you ever seen that documentary The Ten Commandments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  5. #34
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,705
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 860 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285398
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I won't bother trying to tell someone that clearly does not want the answer.

    P.S. There are tons of websites that give this answer in great detail, so go do your homework.
    more blustering from someone who can't answer a simple question.

  6. #35
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,099
    Thanks
    14,760
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    more blustering from someone who can't answer a simple question.
    There are many reasons, but you would not be interested in any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (May 15th, 2019)

  8. #36
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,705
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 860 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285398
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    There are many reasons, but you would not be interested in any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    more blustering from someone who can't answer a simple question.
    Once I was sure that the Bible was 100% true, and dictated by God to humans. When I grew up, I realized that it wasn't true, no matter how much you'd like it to be true. The Bible is not 100% consistent. It doesn't match known historic facts quite right. The numbers in some of the stories (i.e. Exodus) have to be taken with a grain of salt. It is holy, ancient- but it cannot possibly be all God's Word. In fact, if you read the OT carefully, you'll notice that at times God's word is quoted. At Times, not always.

    If you have some evidence or proof, let's hear it. If not, just be quiet. Your blustering only weakens your position.

  9. #37
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,099
    Thanks
    14,760
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    Once I was sure that the Bible was 100% true, and dictated by God to humans.
    The Bible is 100% true, but not "dictated by God to humans".
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (May 15th, 2019)

  11. #38
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,705
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 860 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285398
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The Bible is 100% true, but not "dictated by God to humans".
    You realize that even one minor inconsistency or mismatch to reality will prove that statement wrong?

  12. #39
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,276
    Thanks
    34,659
    Thanked 8,751 Times in 5,619 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The Bible is 100% true, but not "dictated by God to humans".
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    You realize that even one minor inconsistency or mismatch to reality will prove that statement wrong?
    Rather, it's better to say that the Bible was perfect and 100% true in its original manuscripts.

    The fact that only a few minor errors (which do not have any effect on the major points) have crept in over the last 2-4000 years is a testament to how well it was written.

  13. #40
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,099
    Thanks
    14,760
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    You realize that even one minor inconsistency or mismatch to reality will prove that statement wrong?
    Go ahead and try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  14. #41
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,099
    Thanks
    14,760
    Thanked 22,121 Times in 12,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Rather, it's better to say that the Bible was perfect and 100% true in its original manuscripts.

    The fact that only a few minor errors (which do not have any effect on the major points) have crept in over the last 2-4000 years is a testament to how well it was written.
    So we no longer have a trustworthy set of documents?

    We could only trust the originals?

    Yes, I know the history and the objections.

    The "errors" that most people calls errors are nothing of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  15. #42
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    581
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 43 Times in 34 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12077
    Right Divider,
    re: "Go ahead and try."

    OK, I'll start.

    Matthew 28:1-10 says that when Mary Magdalene went to the tomb that she was told by an angel that the Messiah had risen and would be seen in Galilee. Matthew then says that she ran "with great joy" to tell the disciples and while on the way that she met the Messiah (this occurred before she got to the disciples).

    However, John 20:1 and 2 say that when she came to the tomb and didn’t find the Messiah there, that she ran to the disciples and told them that He had been taken away and that she didn’t know where He was. In Matthew she knew where He was (or at least had been) and where He would be, but in John she didn’t.

    How can this be reconciled?

  16. #43
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,276
    Thanks
    34,659
    Thanked 8,751 Times in 5,619 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    So we no longer have a trustworthy set of documents?
    I didn't say that.

    We could only trust the originals?
    No, we can trust what we have today.

    Yes, I know the history and the objections.

    The "errors" that most people calls errors are nothing of the sort.
    Perhaps a better word is "discrepancy".

    I'm sure you're familiar with http://kgov.com/kjo, but Bob does talk about this subject on there.

  17. #44
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,705
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 860 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285398
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Go ahead and try.
    I'll take one of the first obvious ones:

    The flood. Genesis 6
    19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.

    The flood, Genesis 7:
    2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

    How many of every kind of bird did Noah take?

  18. #45
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,276
    Thanks
    34,659
    Thanked 8,751 Times in 5,619 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    I'll take one of the first obvious ones:

    The flood. Genesis 6
    19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.

    The flood, Genesis 7:
    2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

    How many of every kind of bird did Noah take?
    You know... if you take things out of context, it's going to cause you problems, especially when it comes to TWO completely separate commands given by God, given at two different points in time....

    Let's look at BOTH passages within the full context of each other, from verse 19 of chapter six, continuously to verse 5 of chapter seven.

    6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. 20 Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive. 21 And you shall take for yourself of all food that is eaten, and you shall gather it to yourself; and it shall be food for you and for them.” 22 Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did.
    7:1 Then the Lord said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation. 2 You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female; 3 also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth. 4 For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made.” 5 And Noah did according to all that the Lord commanded him.

    Do you see the problem with your argument yet?

    If God told Noah at one point to take two of every kind of animal onto the ark, and then at another time, told Him to bring seven pairs of every clean and one pair of every unclean animal, does that mean that God contradicted Himself? or perhaps He was adding on to what He had already said?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us