Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 25% of Dutch people who died in 2017 were euthanized

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after reading the entry on the sedation I can see why hydration and sustenance is a problem. It seems many patients and their families don't always want to add onto the patient's final days with feeding tubes down the patient's throats. Thus maintaining hydration and sustenance is problematic. I would agree that if people are dying due to side effects of the treatment before the disease that his killing them then the protocols should be reviewed and debated. And as Stripe is implying people who are not dying are being subjected to an 'end of life' treatment regimen then you can raise the murder word.

But I know if I were dying and had a choice of spending my last few days and hours in intense suffering or peacefully sleeping though that period and saving my loved ones the agony of watching that suffering, I know what I would want even if complications of the treatment might bring that end a few hours earlier.

It just seems to me that euthanasia and this are being lumped together when they are different things so we can raise the numbers. That's all I have to say on it. Carry on.
    "Repubs must not allow [The President] to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress," Donald Trump

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kit the Coyote For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (May 12th, 2019),Rusha (May 13th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,986 Times in 8,566 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    It is only applied to patients who are dying and all other means of pain and symptom control are exhausted.
    No, it's not.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stripe is implying people who are not dying are being subjected to an 'end of life' treatment regimen.
    It's common knowledge that this sort of thing goes on all the time. People tend to wave their hands and use words — such as "palliative" — that do not describe the facts.

If I were dying and had a choice of spending my last few days and hours in intense suffering or peacefully sleeping though that period...
    A choice you will never be presented with, unless it is from someone looking to manipulate you into taking a shortcut to hell.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

glassjester (May 11th, 2019),JudgeRightly (May 13th, 2019)

Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 1,072 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Watch carefully, Mother, when you will have patients a prey to violent pains; don’t leave near them any medicines that are poisonous. I assure you, it needs only a second when one suffers intensely to lose one’s reason."

St. Therese of Lisieux
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    No, it's not.
    Then it is being misapplied. By all means, bring charges of murder and malpractice.
    "Repubs must not allow [The President] to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress," Donald Trump

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    It's common knowledge that this sort of thing goes on all the time. People tend to wave their hands and use words — such as "palliative" — that do not describe the facts.

A choice you will never be presented with, unless it is from someone looking to manipulate you into taking a shortcut to hell.
    A choice that I or people I love and trust will be making and I'm perfectly fine with that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kit the Coyote For Your Post:

Rusha (May 13th, 2019)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only is death in the hands of and subject to the Eternal Almighty. The means of death are also in His hand.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS As is the fear of death and the fear of the means of death.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A choice that I or people I love and trust will be making.
    A choice you will never be presented with.

Then it is being misapplied.
    Which makes your opening analysis worthless.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

glassjester (May 11th, 2019),JudgeRightly (May 13th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news source can gets it facts wrong .

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 Times in 5,074 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Not only is death in the hands of and subject to the Eternal Almighty. The means of death are also in His hand.
    Well, that would include euthanasia then, right?

Well this is fun isn't it?

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,330 Times in 6,925 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    as it turns out, they didn't

did you bother to take the time and read the articles, actually try to understand what's being discussed here instead of just giving a knee-jerk response?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

glassjester (May 12th, 2019),JudgeRightly (May 13th, 2019)

Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 1,072 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    as it turns out, they didn't

did you bother to take the time and read the articles, actually try to understand what's being discussed here instead of just giving a knee-jerk response?
    "got the facts wrong" VS "the facts didn't fit my preferred narrative."
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glassjester For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (May 13th, 2019),ok doser (May 12th, 2019)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    With the exception of the Apostles, of course.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Well, that would include euthanasia then, right?

Unless you define euthanasia as something other than death, right?

What the world calls suicide is truly a person who has been slain. No man's life is in his own hands with only one exception.

"No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it again. This commandment I received from My Father."

Thread Information